Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Mysterious Metal Monolith Discovered in Desert
I hope this hasn't already been posted. If so, forgive me for missing it.

This is very strange. A metal monloith was discovered by a helicopter that was flying over the desert in Utah.
It is made from a strange metal that is being analyzed now, but how it got out there is a mystery.

[Image: 5fbd1a382a2e0.image.jpg?resize=1700%2C956]

Quote:What started as routine wildlife assistance took an extraterrestrial turn for Utah's Department of Public Safety after officers stumbled upon a mysterious monolith in the middle of rural Utah.

Officers from the Utah Department of Public Safety's Aero Bureau were flying by helicopter last Wednesday, helping the Division of Wildlife Resources count bighorn sheep in southeastern Utah, when they spotted something that seemed right out of "2001: A Space Odyssey."

"One of the biologists ... spotted it, and we just happened to fly directly over the top of it," pilot Bret Hutchings told CNN affiliate KSL. "He was like, 'Whoa, whoa, whoa, turn around, turn around!' And I was like, 'What.' And he's like, 'There's this thing back there -- we've got to go look at it!'"

And there it was -- in the middle of the red rock was a shiny, silver metal monolith sticking out of the ground. Hutchings guessed it was "between 10 and 12 feet high." It didn't look like it was randomly dropped to the ground, he told KSL, but rather it looked like it had been planted.

"We were kind of joking around that if one of us suddenly disappears, then the rest of us make a run for it," Hutchings said.

Still, Hutchings said he thinks it was most likely placed there by an artist rather than an alien.
This thing just appeared there, sort of like the Georgia Guidestones and how they suddenly appeared without anyone seeing a thing.

Quote:"I'm assuming it's some new wave artist or something or, you know, somebody that was a big ("2001: A Space Odyssey") fan," he said, referencing a scene in the 1968 film where a black monolith appears.
Still, it is illegal to install structures or art without authorization on public lands "no matter what planet you're from," said Utah DPS in a statement released Monday.

The location of the monolith is not being disclosed, and it is not yet clear who -- or what -- put the monolith there, DPS said.

As of Monday, the Bureau of Land Management will be deciding whether further investigation is needed.

There's more to read and a video in the article:  Source
Here's a second picture showing a side view:

[Image: 170919-untitled-design-2.jpg?itok=gCisbNiq]
Aliens are trolling? I am half serious here. Aliens trolling?

Think about it... Technology way more advanced than us. They could destroy us with a push of a button. Maybe a telepathic "push of a button". Or bring world peace and free, clean energy.

But nah, let's drop a giant metal monolith in the middle of the desert and see how humans react. tinycool
"Man is fully responsible for his nature and his choices."

-Jean-Paul Sartre
(11-25-2020, 02:12 AM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: Here's a second picture showing a side view:

[Image: 170919-untitled-design-2.jpg?itok=gCisbNiq]

Looks like 301 or 304 Stainless Steel Alloy. 

There's one notable person using this alloy in construction.  Might be a test for mars.

My thoughts,

Bally:)
When see certain close ups of it, you can see screws or screw holes about every 12 inches. It's man made and someone dug a hole and planted it there. Just my honest opinion.
The Truth is Out There, Somewhere
(11-25-2020, 09:33 AM)kdog Wrote: When see certain close ups of it, you can see screws or screw holes about every 12 inches. It's man made and someone dug a hole and planted it there. Just my honest opinion.

In the UK, this is called fly-tipping. However, any metals -these days, are weighed-in at the scrap merchants for cash!
tinylaughing
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
In my previous post, I commented on scrap metal and how it's valued here in the UK.
It seems Utah holds those same principles.
tinybiggrin
Shiny!!

Quote:Mysterious Monolith Disappears From Utah Desert 10 Days After It Sparked International Intrigue

'A mysterious silver monolith that was placed in the Utah desert has disappeared less than 10 days after it
was spotted by wildlife biologists performing a helicopter survey of bighorn sheep, federal officials and
witnesses said.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=8718]

“We have received credible reports that the illegally installed structure, referred to as the ‘monolith’ has been
removed from Bureau of Land Management public lands by an unknown party,” on Nov. 27, BLM spokesperson
Kimberly Finch said in a statement. The agency did not remove the structure, she said.

The Utah Department of Public Safety said biologists spotted the monolith on Nov. 18, a report that garnered
international attention. It was about 11 feet tall with sides that appeared to be made of stainless steel.

While Utah officials did not say specifically where the monolith was located, people soon found it on satellite
images dating back to 2016 and determined its GPS coordinates, prompting people to hike into the area.
Reporters with The Salt Lake Tribune hiked to the spot on Saturday and confirmed that it was gone.

Spencer Owen of Salt Lake City said he saw the monolith Friday afternoon and camped in the region overnight,
but as he hiked to the area again on Saturday people passing him on the trail warned him it was gone, the
Tribune reported. When he arrived at the spot, all that was left was a triangular piece of metal covering a
triangular-shaped hole in the rocks.

“I was really bummed,” said Owen, who posted a video on his Instagram. “It was so pretty and shiny. I wanted
to go see it again.”

Riccardo Marino and his girlfriend Sierra Van Meter were traveling from Colorado to California on Friday and
decided to stop and see the object after finding the GPS coordinates online.
“This was just a once-in-a-lifetime experience that we couldn’t miss out,” Marino told KUTV.

On the way, they passed a long-bed truck with a large object in the back and he said he joked “oh look, there’s
the Utah monolith right there,” he said. When they arrived at the spot, it was gone.

Steve Adams said he left Helper, in central Utah, at 7 a.m. Saturday to drive to the area.
When he arrived and asked someone for directions he was told the tower was gone. He and some friends made
the hike anyway. “It was pretty disappointing,” he told the Tribune. “We were really excited to go down and have
an adventure to see it. It feels like it was everybody’s and then it was nobody’s. It’s gone.”...'
Time:

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

- - - Morning after regrets going on, i am editing away my post, i apologize - - -

-Jean-Paul Sartre
(11-30-2020, 02:59 PM)Finspiracy Wrote: Never stole, but i saw stupid shit.

Me too. And the internet along with social media, is promoting and encouraging even more of that "stupid shit".

Had to quote you because it just sounds better when it is read from the source.

tinyinlove

For every one person that read this post. About 7.99 billion have not. 

Yet I still post.  tinyinlove
  • minusculebeercheers 

I was being hyperbolic due to the drummed-up mystery that the MSM maintained all the way
to the piece of art's disappearance.

I would suspect the Bureau of Land Management of Utah would've stepped in and removed
the metal object being unlicensed on public land. Especially a place of natural beauty.

It's a junk piece of news and I was reflecting human traits against the lofty culture of art.
That's why they guard the Mona Lisa!!!
tinybiggrin
Plus Second Monolith FOUND

Start watching at the 9-11 mark. Everything before that is garbage.

It would of made a lofty trophy for whoever bought it or had it removed and acquired it.   literally lofty.
It seems that at about the time it disappeared in Utah one (a different one? The same one?) appeared in Romania.

https://themindunleashed.com/2020/11/mon...w9WYOCc02A 

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Now this is getting really interesting!

Think about it...these metal objects start to show up... no one knows by who...

Then they disappear... no one knows by who...

I LOVE stuff like this!

-Jean-Paul Sartre
(11-30-2020, 04:32 PM)BIAD Wrote: I was being hyperbolic due to the drummed-up mystery that the MSM maintained all the way

I would suspect the Bureau of Land Management of Utah would've stepped in and removed
the metal object being unlicensed on public land. Especially a place of natural beauty.

It's a junk piece of news and I was reflecting human traits against the lofty culture of art.
tinybiggrin

They should guard these... With a big bunch of heavily armed soldiers... Maybe this is nothing, maybe this is a prank (not by aliens, like i said in my first post in this thread) but maybe this is something.

-Jean-Paul Sartre
(12-01-2020, 04:27 AM)Finspiracy Wrote:
(11-30-2020, 04:32 PM)BIAD Wrote: I was being hyperbolic due to the drummed-up mystery that the MSM maintained all the way

tinybiggrin

They should guard these... With a big bunch of heavily armed soldiers... Maybe this is nothing, maybe this is a prank (not by aliens, like i said in my first post in this thread) but maybe this is something.

Speaking as one who has been a mercenary and a professional armed guard (because mercenary stuff is frowned upon around the US at home, so we have to give it a user -friendly name when we're at home), there is not enough money on the planet to get me to guard a mystery chunk of metal that randomly appears and disappears. it's a chunk of metal. I've got no desire to be beamed up over it... so if they're going to guard it, they'd be better off using a surreptitious trail camera instead.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

(12-01-2020, 06:13 AM)Ninurta Wrote:
(12-01-2020, 04:27 AM)Finspiracy Wrote:

tinybiggrin

Speaking as one who has been a mercenary and a professional armed guard (because mercenary stuff is frowned upon around the US at home, so we have to give it a user -friendly name when we're at home), there is not enough money on the planet to get me to guard a mystery chunk of metal that randomly appears and disappears. it's a chunk of metal. I've got no desire to be beamed up over it... so if they're going to guard it, they'd be better off using a surreptitious trail camera instead.

That is something i can truly admire. Like most of the things you write here.

You were not in it only for the money. You needed a cause which you could believe in. 100% respect from here once again. smallawesome

-Jean-Paul Sartre
(12-01-2020, 06:19 AM)Finspiracy Wrote: That is something i can truly admire. Like most of the things you write here.

You were not in it only for the money. You needed a cause which you could believe in. 100% respect from here once again. smallawesome

Correct - the money was just a bonus. I went into it because unlike the military, if I thought a job was less than honorable, I could say "no thanks" and walk away. If I believed the cause was unjust, or went against my own morality, I could just go home. I had a friend, former US Special Forces whom I called "Mercenary Mike", who offered me a job in Iraq in 2004, and I didn't go. Within 2 months, Mercenary Mike and 8 of his closest friends came home from the job, because the honcho at the State Department on the job turned out to be a dick.

That was not because the job itself was immoral or dishonorable, it was because the US State Department refused to allow the contractors to use equipment that was just sitting idle and collecting dust to protect themselves. If the people whose backs you are guarding refuse to allow you to guard your own back, there are not any percentages in it.

On the other hand, I've also taken jobs that paid next to nothing, because I felt it was the right thing to do. In a National Military, you don't have that sort of luxury. You do what you are ordered to do, and nothing more.

You have to choose your battles in this world.

(12-01-2020, 06:50 AM)Ninurta Wrote:
(12-01-2020, 06:19 AM)Finspiracy Wrote: That is something i can truly admire. Like most of the things you write here.

Correct - the money was just a bonus. I went into it because unlike the military, if I thought a job was less than honorable, I could say "no thanks" and walk away. If I believed the cause was unjust, or went against my own morality, I could just go home. I had a friend, former US Special Forces whom I called "Mercenary Mike", who offered me a job in Iraq in 2004, and I didn't go. Within 2 months, Mercenary Mike and 8 of his closest friends came home from the job, because the honcho at the State Department on the job turned out to be a dick.

That was not because the job itself was immoral or dishonorable, it was because the US State Department refused to allow the contractors to use equipment that was just sitting idle and collecting dust to protect themselves. If the people whose backs you are guarding refuse to allow you to guard your own back, there are not any percentages in it.

On the other hand, I've also taken jobs that paid next to nothing, because I felt it was the right thing to do. In a National Military, you don't have that sort of luxury. You do what you are ordered to do, and nothing more.

You have to choose your battles in this world.

Sorry i am derailing the thread a bit, but here is Mercenary Mike.

[Image: Mike.png]

From "Jagged alliance" games for PC. The best mercenary in the game, by far, but it is really hard to pay his salary and then he leaves. But when you have this guy on your team, some bad guy heads are gonna fall. minusculeuzi

-Jean-Paul Sartre
(11-30-2020, 11:05 AM)BIAD Wrote:
Quote:The Utah Department of Public Safety said biologists spotted the monolith on Nov. 18, a report that garnered
international attention. It was about 11 feet tall with sides that appeared to be made of stainless steel.
I just realized that this monolith was my birthday present! 

Well thank you, whomever, set this up for me, and it has taught me to be more astute, as with so many other things in my life, I didn't realize until after they were gone. 
tinylaughing

For every one person that read this post. About 7.99 billion have not. 

Yet I still post.  tinyinlove
  • minusculebeercheers