Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
29 April 1945
From the FBI files.  Thought you guys might find it of mild interest.

[Image: The-claims-were-based-on-declassified-FB...746353.jpg]

I don't think this is what happened, but I wonder why the Luftwaffe pilot would have made such a claim.

Bonus tidbit.  When the US Army occupied Heidelberg, they made the streetcar drivers wear SS service caps.  It was a psychological measure to drive home to the Germans that yes, in fact, the Nazis and SS -were- out of power, and even a lowly streetcar driver could wear their caps with impunity.  Streetcar drivers didn't care for it.

Cheers
[Image: 14sigsepia.jpg]

But flew him to where...?! Argentina, Brazil, Indonesia or DC?!
tinyhuh

Edit: I know Hitler suffered with sea-sickness, so flight would be the best idea.
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
Neuschwabenland!

[Image: 500px-Emblem-of-the-Nazi-German-Antarcti...on-svg.png]

Cheers

Awesome subject! Thanks for posting. 

I would guess with so many Nazi's fleeing Germany in 1945, why is it such a stretch to think Hitler didn't do the same? 

I know there is the "dental proof". However, what were the conditions like under which the dentists who testified on the dental records? The Soviets had just secured Berlin. The city was a smoking ruin. Corpses everywhere. Mass rape of German women. The idea of the Soviets trotting you out to the street and shooting you in the back of the head was absolutely real. It was being witnessed daily. 

Now you are someone with some sort of tie to Hitler and you are sitting, at gun point, in front of Soviet intelligence. They ask you if the jaw bone with a few teeth in it are Hitler's. What would you say? The answer is "Yes" if you have any intent on seeing the sun come up tomorrow. If you answer "No", it does not take a crystal ball to determine where the line of questioning goes next.

Stay compliant. Tell them what they want to hear. Maybe you survive this.
@"ABNARTY" 

It is interesting, isn't it?  75 years+ after the events and we still have no definitive proof of what happened.

I think the only thing we can be sure of is that, at this point, Hitler is dead of old age if nothing else.

IIRC, there were reputable sightings of Bormann in S America after the war -- and he had to get out Berlin while it was surrounded by Soviet forces.  Some of the big boys got out for certain.

Cheers

(11-08-2020, 05:32 PM)F2d5thCav Wrote: @"ABNARTY" 

It is interesting, isn't it?  75 years+ after the events and we still have no definitive proof of what happened.

I think the only thing we can be sure of is that, at this point, Hitler is dead of old age if nothing else.

IIRC, there were reputable sightings of Bormann in S America after the war -- and he had to get out Berlin while it was surrounded by Soviet forces.  Some of the big boys got out for certain.

Cheers

They sure did leave. The network to make it happen was in place and robust. Plenty of evidence and witnesses. Heck, you can go visit some on the rat line sites. 

I am speculating the world needed Hitler dead. Can't blame them back in 45'. All that death and destruction. Then the good guys didn't catch "Wanted #1"? Nope, not happening. The war is over, the man is dead, and we are moving on. Period.