Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Morning Sky in Central Scotland
Maybe not particularly "Strange" but I'll tell you what...
It was absolutely stunning to see (from my back garden in west central Scotland) at sunrise a couple of days ago.
Just mesmerising!
(*Did you know that the word mesmerising entered our language because of a German doctor called Franz Anton Mesmer, who believed that an invisible natural energy could be transferred between all animate and inanimate objects?
He referred to it as an animal magnetism, but it later became known as "mesmerism" in his honour/name.)

[Image: attachment.php?aid=8536]

G

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[Image: CoolForCatzSig.png]
WOW
The Veil comes to mind. An exceptional moment 
You could imagine touching it or walking on it..
(10-31-2020, 11:45 AM)gordi Wrote: Maybe not particularly "Strange" but I'll tell you what...
It was absolutely stunning to see (from my back garden in west central Scotland) at sunrise a couple of days ago.
Just mesmerising!
(*Did you know that the word mesmerising entered our language because of a German doctor called Franz Anton Mesmer, who believed that an invisible natural energy could be transferred between all animate and inanimate objects?
He referred to it as an animal magnetism, but it later became known as "mesmerism" in his honour/name.)

[Image: attachment.php?aid=8536]

G

Even in just the picture, it feels enveloping.  Mesmerizing is a good description.

For every one person that read this post. About 7.99 billion have not. 

Yet I still post.  tinyinlove
  • minusculebeercheers 

(10-31-2020, 04:17 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote: Even in just the picture, it feels enveloping.  Mesmerizing is a good description.

I agree NightSkye, I caught myself just leaning my head on my hand and staring at the pic!
Photoshop has long way to go to get this kinda stuff!
minusculethumbsup
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
I can say, in all honesty that the photo does not do the view justice in any way!
The scale of the display of colour and texture was just incredible to see first hand.
I was stood in my garden, wearing my old dressing gown!!! with my jaw gaping open for 10, maybe 15mins as the spectacle unfolded and then faded away....
We do get some awesome skies up here at this time of the year.
minusculebeercheers
[Image: CoolForCatzSig.png]
Absolutely phenomenal!   smallawesome 

We had one like that here several years ago. The photo is on my old computer or else I'd share it.

Stunning skies!
"In this year, Aethelred was consecrated king on the Sunday 14 days after Easter. And in this same year was seen a bloody cloud, many times, in the likeness of fire."

- The Anglo Saxon Chronicle for 979 AD

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

(10-31-2020, 04:13 PM)PLOTUS Wrote: The Veil comes to mind. An exceptional moment 
You could imagine touching it or walking on it..

Exactly what i had in mind... about touching it or walking on it. I think it looks a little bit like the surface of Mars.

Thank you @"gordi" it is unbelievably beautiful! Gave me good goosebumps. smallawesome
"Man is fully responsible for his nature and his choices."

-Jean-Paul Sartre
It looks like a big fluffy neon blanket. It is gorgeous. Scotland is so beautiful. I also really appreciate their graciousness at speaking my language whenever I have visited.
Well, a wee bit of an attempt at any rate. tinyinlove
internet Agent Provocateur
Stunning! minusculebeercheers
I was born with a Thorn in my Soul, sometimes it hurts.

Nature gave us one tongue and two ears so we could hear twice as much as we speak.

- Epictetus