Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
How do you take the stress out?
Just curious.

My way of taking stress out is to walk. I am fortunate as I live on a little island off the greater Montreal area and so I go enjoy walks, with my dog or alone.

I find that the river is soothing and that it calms my blood pressure levels. There are rest areas to sit down, while looking at people fishing off their boats.

I always found that nature is God's way of showing us the power of creating, as it changes all the time.

Here are some pics of what I look at, while enjoying these walks:

[Image: KRC3EF6.jpg]

What I see, from this angle, is the shore of Montreal and the bridge connecting to it.

[Image: PrOxQCL.jpg]

[Image: 93GC2ni.jpg]

We don't see it unless you zoom in but there are two people there, on their boat, fishing.

How about you? How do you take the stress out?

As I said, curious.. minusculebiggrin
~ Today is the youngest you'll ever be again ~
About the time my wife was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer I took up golf. I must have beat a zillion golf balls to death. Nothing has changed for me as I play so much golf I am usually to tired to be unhappy or stressed out unless I miss a birdie putt for big bucks then it bother me until the next day when I can get my money back !! tinybiggrin
(09-22-2020, 12:01 PM)Sol Wrote: Just curious.

My way of taking stress out is to walk. I am fortunate as I live on a little island off the greater Montreal area and so I go enjoy walks, with my dog or alone.

I find that the river is soothing and that it calms my blood pressure levels. There are rest areas to sit down, while looking at people fishing off their boats.

I always found that nature is God's way of showing us the power of creating, as it changes all the time.

What I see, from this angle, is the shore of Montreal and the bridge connecting to it.

We don't see it unless you zoom in but there are two people there, on their boat, fishing.

As I said, curious..  minusculebiggrin

I walk also. My terrain is a little different. I walk through the hundred acre woods and very rarely, do I come across other people. 

I talk to the trees. I look for the wild animal nesting areas, especially when I see evidence around the homestead that they have been visiting.

My new kittens are amazing little stress busters. The peace and joy these little monsters can deliver was unexpected but very welcome. 

Speak of the little devils, here is Slyvester coming to see why I am still in my room and not on the porch with his Husky siblings.

Being called to muster. Will BBL.

For every one person that read this post. About 7.99 billion have not. 

Yet I still post.  tinyinlove
  • minusculebeercheers 

left handers and alcohol mediumbluecool
My dogs are my stress relievers.

No matter how crappy a day has been, no matter my mood, they are always happy to see me and demand nothing more than a belly rub and a brushing.

tinybiggrin
"I be ridin' they be hatin'."
-Abraham Lincoln
Lots of chocolate and lots of sexy time!  tinycool  
"As an American it's your responsibility to have your own strategic duck stockpile. You can't expect the government to do it for you." - the dork I call one of my mom's other kids
[Image: Tiny-Ducks.jpg]
@"beez" 

Quote:a brushing.

Yes, it is notable how relaxing it is to groom an animal.  I think there is some kind of psychological loop that occurs.  The animal enjoys being brushed and we are pleased to see a happy animal.

Cheers
[Image: 14sigsepia.jpg]

(09-22-2020, 02:34 PM)F2d5thCav Wrote: @"beez" 

Quote:a brushing.

Yes, it is notable how relaxing it is to groom an animal.  I think there is some kind of psychological loop that occurs.  The animal enjoys being brushed and we are pleased to see a happy animal.

Cheers

you become part of the pack when you groom a animal. most see you as the alpha.
Walks in the woods are good. (Still miss my old dog)
Carving wooden mushrooms!
Playing the drums LOUD.
Playing guitar / singing.
Drinking too much.
Movies, music, sport.
Cooking/baking.
Jings, you'd think that I'd be stress-free with all of that!

Great pics btw @"Sol" 

G
[Image: CoolForCatzSig.png]
Music (Listening to or making) <3
Lifting at the gym 5x a week
Walking around the Lakes near my home
Video games
Movies
Reading a good philosophy book
Watching my Dog sleep
I was born with a Thorn in my Soul, sometimes it hurts.

Nature gave us one tongue and two ears so we could hear twice as much as we speak.

- Epictetus

Taking scenic drives through the mountains.
I used to love to hike the mountain trails, but my knees won't allow that anymore.
Renting a cabin in the mountains for a weekend.
Sitting by a creek.
Listening to the rain.
Meditating.
Music.
Stroking my tom cat and listening to his loud purr.

I had tons of pictures on my other computer tower that I could have shared here, but I don't have any on this new one. I hope to remedy that very soon when the leaves start to change color.   minusculebiggrin
I used to take long walks in the woods, but have now reached "the age of never" - you know, that's the age when you look op a mountain side and have to say to yourself "that mountain never used to be so high or so steep!"

I've never been able to find a replacement for the re-charge a few miles through the woods provides. Now I sit up all night and drink beer and the occasional rum, but it is a poor replacement, and doesn't give the same sort of rejuvenation or mind-clearing.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

"...How about you? How do you take the stress out?"

I'm probably way-wrong in what you're asking and I haven't read any of the other posts,
but I find if you dangle it in a bowl of cold water for a few minutes, the suppleness returns.

I apologise for the above comments, when I'm busy in the garden, BIAD sometimes
creeps onto my laptop and reads the threads on Rogue Nation.

I -myself, dangle it in a .....

tinybiggrin
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 

That's a beautiful area.  In philly, the closest thing I have is the Delaware river, and it's polluted beyond enjoyment.  Yet another reason to despise people, I have to drive quite a distance to find a clean, peaceful chunk of nature.

Fishing and spending some time on the shooting range does it for me.  Luckily there are a few lakes within an hours drive I can go to to get away.

The country is calling my name, can't wait to get out of filthadelphia.
[Image: Green%20Banner.jpg]
Stress Release???
OK, but it's just me,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

smallslavedriver minusculemooning   mediumwink

smallmachinegun
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
@Sol 

Those are beautiful pictures. I also enjoy walking. I walked about three miles today, two miles yesterday. The town I live in is surrounded by a river and two lakes, so there’s many pretty trails around those areas. I walked downtown, and then about a block away is a little park and the library. Once past the library, there is another larger park bordering part of the river and the larger lake. I went to sit and watch the birds, butterflies, and bees. The boats out in the harbor were mostly sailboats. It was sunny and warm with a nice breeze. 

Coming back from that, I spotted a monarch butterfly. It’s kind of rare to see them this late in the season, but it was on a beautiful purple flower. When I leaned in for a closer look, it spread its wings like a peacock. It just took my breath away. I saw a bunny, several squirrels, and lots of birds. It was nice and relaxing, just like you stated in your post. These walks reset me in a way, because I get to see lots of pretty nature, and I think being outdoors is good for one’s physical and mental health too.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=8180]
Being quiet in my garage. Just puttering around. The cat hoping on the table to get petted. No one else around. This is what I need to get back to balance.

Being in the woods strengthens the balance and charges me for forays into public (blech!).
I wasn't able to get much done today because it is still pretty wet,  but I forget how relaxing just riding the mower and cutting the grass can be. 

To get it all done takes about four + hours with both mother and me cutting at the same time, or two days of four + hours each day.

The time gets away from you very easily when I am out there, and I sometimes run out of daylight. 

It may sound strange but is a great stress reliever.

For every one person that read this post. About 7.99 billion have not. 

Yet I still post.  tinyinlove
  • minusculebeercheers 

(09-22-2020, 02:29 PM)GeauxHomeLittleD Wrote: Lots of chocolate and lots of sexy time!  tinycool  

See, I knew you just used me for sex. 

I AM NOT A WHORE !

Okay, maybe a little.   tinybiggrin
The Truth is Out There, Somewhere
I tend to be pretty good about not being stressed out. Comes from 33 years of working on elevators. But when I do, I go to the woods, drink too much and of course the sexy time with the misses. 

minusculebeercheers
The Truth is Out There, Somewhere