Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Any Hockey Fans Here?
Again, with hockey now this time around, you have to walk on eggshells not to offense anybody.

Sick and tired of the political correctness and gender equality bullshit.

I'm sorry but hockey is a man's game. Yes, women and little girls love playing it too (some of them) but it's a man's game. Fuck the PC crowds.

This being equal crap between men and women has turned this world to shits since the early seventies. Because, women want more than just being equal to men but they'll never admit it.

Most sports are men sports. Hockey is a man's game. So is baseball, basketball, boxing and so many more. This is my opinion and I can barely mention it anymore.

Not when Captain Marvel is now the equal of Superman. Not when they're looking into making Bond 007 a female. Not when they've made the new heroes of Star Wars females. Not when they're thinking of making an Indiana Jane. FFS.

minusculerolleyes

/rant over.
~ Today is the youngest you'll ever be again ~
Hello. My name is Fin and i am an ice hockey addict.

It all started innocently. A little bit of Finnish league games here, a little bit of international hockey there. Then the same amount of hockey i watched, could not satisfy my needs anymore. Internet era began, Youtube became popular. I was there often, looking for awesome goals, great saves, big tackles.

Then the PLANdemic arrived and cancelled the 2020 world championships. I was shaking and shivering in my own cold sweat. Mandatory daily routines became harder and harder. At that point, i realized that i am hooked.

Thanks for letting me share.

Here is Teenage Mutant Ninja Hertl scoring 4 goals while his mom was in the audience watching him play!!! And last one... from between his own legs. There is talent, and then there is TALENT!

"Man is fully responsible for his nature and his choices."

-Jean-Paul Sartre
Ahhhh.... 2011 and "The Spring of Bratislava"

Finland's semi-final game against Russia is remembered due to Mikael Granlund's Lacrosse move:

And the Gold medal game, Finland vs. Sweden is remembered due to... well... fucking obvious reasons!!!!!

minusculebonker smallslavedriver minusculemooning smallcrackingup

-Jean-Paul Sartre
(09-14-2020, 02:35 AM)Finspiracy Wrote: Hello. My name is Fin and i am an ice hockey addict.

It all started innocently. A little bit of Finnish league games here, a little bit of international hockey there. Then the same amount of hockey i watched, could not satisfy my needs anymore. Internet era began, Youtube became popular. I was there often, looking for awesome goals, great saves, big tackles.

Then the PLANdemic arrived and cancelled the 2020 world championships. I was shaking and shivering in my own cold sweat. Mandatory daily routines became harder and harder. At that point, i realized that i am hooked.

Thanks for letting me share.

Here is Teenage Mutant Ninja Hertl scoring 4 goals while his mom was in the audience watching him play!!! And last one... from between his own legs. There is talent, and then there is TALENT!

Thank you for sharing, all of us here, we've been right where you are.  You'll find no greater support than those who know what you've been through, myself included.

I knew I hit rock bottom when I started watching old playoff series, including the Flyers Stanley Cup win, which happened before I was even born.  tinylaughing

I remember watching that game where Hertl scored 4, his fourth was a highlight real beauty.  I felt SO good for him and his family that day, truly an awesome moment.
[Image: Green%20Banner.jpg]
(09-14-2020, 03:00 AM)Finspiracy Wrote: Ahhhh.... 2011 and "The Spring of Bratislava"

Finland's semi-final game against Russia is remembered due to Mikael Granlund's Lacrosse move:

And the Gold medal game, Finland vs. Sweden is remembered due to... well... fucking obvious reasons!!!!!

minusculebonker smallslavedriver minusculemooning smallcrackingup

That first goal was a dandy by Paajarvi.  Did you play ice hockey?  There was no better feeling than stepping across the blue line, skating in, and snapping one right under the crossbar.  Laying out an open ice hit came close, as well as that cross-ice saucer pass that gets one-timed for a goal.
Love hockey and played competitively from novice to midget.  I could have made a career out of it if it weren't for the drugs and piss poor attitude I had.

Whenever Canada is playing I'm glued to the TV, but Since Don Cherry got tossed and BLM infiltrated the NHL I haven't had the urge to watch the NHL anymore.
(09-14-2020, 03:17 PM)Tucket Wrote: Love hockey and played competitively from novice to midget.  I could have made a career out of it if it weren't for the drugs and piss poor attitude I had.

Whenever Canada is playing I'm glued to the TV, but Since Don Cherry got tossed and BLM infiltrated the NHL I haven't had the urge to watch the NHL anymore.

You might be a long lost brother of mine, that sounds a lot like me in my younger years lol.  I think I could have made it to the minors, low level, not the AHL.  Not even the ECHL.  Maybe FHL level, but at that point, what's the point, ya know?

I too am annoyed by all the T(thug)LM bullshit, I refuse to even call it BLM.  I watch sports to escape the bullshit, not to get more of it force fed.  I'm a football fan too, not nearly as much as hockey, but I make it a point to not watch football games until about 10 minutes into it so I don't have to suffer through the bullshit.
(09-14-2020, 02:57 PM)Schmoe1 Wrote: Did you play ice hockey?  There was no better feeling than stepping across the blue line, skating in, and snapping one right under the crossbar.  Laying out an open ice hit came close, as well as that cross-ice saucer pass that gets one-timed for a goal.

Yes. I am Teemu Selänne.

No... We played it at school during winters. Then there was some "höntsä" which means relaxed playing with some friends, during our free time. That is also called "pipolätkä" = woolly hat hockey. I could not be competitive in any team. But regarding school standards, my skating was alright. I was really frustrated when i never learned to raise my slap shots. I tried and i tried and i tried, my good hockey playing friends tried to teach but nothing happened. I could raise wrist shots but they were weak "bats" You know the puck just flips and flaps like a bat, not staying steady and nice. I liked to play as a defender, but still, better players just went by me like i was a slalom stick or something... if i got the puck, i tried to look for one of the good players somewhere, attempted a pass, which usually got intercepted...

I really am not,and never was, a hockey player material. But i am REALLY good at shouting at the TV slow motion replays "WHY didn't you pass he was wide open in front of the goal! Are you blind or something?!?!? easy for me to shout, i see it from the comforts of my home or a friends place, i see 7 different camera angles in slow motion. Really, really different when it is the heat of the game, players have to make decisions in a fraction of a second.

-Jean-Paul Sartre
(09-14-2020, 05:20 PM)Finspiracy Wrote:
(09-14-2020, 02:57 PM)Schmoe1 Wrote: Did you play ice hockey?  There was no better feeling than stepping across the blue line, skating in, and snapping one right under the crossbar.  Laying out an open ice hit came close, as well as that cross-ice saucer pass that gets one-timed for a goal.

Yes. I am Teemu Selänne.

No... We played it at school during winters. Then there was some "höntsä" which means relaxed playing with some friends, during our free time. That is also called "pipolätkä" = woolly hat hockey. I could not be competitive in any team. But regarding school standards, my skating was alright. I was really frustrated when i never learned to raise my slap shots. I tried and i tried and i tried, my good hockey playing friends tried to teach but nothing happened. I could raise wrist shots but they were weak "bats" You know the puck just flips and flaps like a bat, not staying steady and nice. I liked to play as a defender, but still, better players just went by me like i was a slalom stick or something... if i got the puck, i tried to look for one of the good players somewhere, attempted a pass, which usually got intercepted...

I really am not,and never was, a hockey player material. But i am REALLY good at shouting at the TV slow motion replays "WHY didn't you pass he was wide open in front of the goal! Are you blind or something?!?!? easy for me to shout, i see it from the comforts of my home or a friends place, i see 7 different camera angles in slow motion. Really, really different when it is the heat of the game, players have to make decisions in a fraction of a second.

Yup, I've always said you can't truly appreciate hockey until you've played it.  The "worst" player in the NHL is still an unbelievably gifted hockey player. 

I was also a defenseman.  I really sucked until I started playing with this Russian kid I grew up with.  He was one of those players who could go out and play at 50% and still make everyone look stupid. I went to many hockey camps to improve my game, but they didn't come close to what I learned defending against someone lightyears better than me.

The Russian kid, I thought for sure I'd watch him in the NHL one day, and he did get invited to an NHL training camp, but got cut.  Just goes to show how unbelievably good they are.

Yes. I am Teemu Selänne.

The Finnish Flash, Mario and Jagr were my favorite players as a kid.  I still have Teemu's rookie card stashed somewhere back at my parent's house.  The guy was an absolute beast on the ice right up till he retired.  Was so happy that year when Anaheim won the cup.
(09-15-2020, 04:34 PM)Tucket Wrote:

Yes. I am Teemu Selänne.

The Finnish Flash, Mario and Jagr were my favorite players as a kid.  I still have Teemu's rookie card stashed somewhere back at my parent's house.  The guy was an absolute beast on the ice right up till he retired.  Was so happy that year when Anaheim won the cup.

I've always said lemieux was the best player to ever place them up.  Gretzky was the smartest hockey player ever, but as far as raw skill goes, I go with lemieux all day.

Not to mention gretzky had something like 6 future hall of famers around him lol
The 2021 IIHF World Championship is scheduled to take place from 21 May to 6 June 2021.

...And the hype starts now!...

I have made threads elsewhere online, about 2018 world championships and 2019 world championships. 2020 world championships were cancelled due to the corona virus.

KEY POINTS:

-Hosted by Latvia. (Belarus and Latvia combined, won against Finland with one vote. Then there were human rights and security issues in Belarus, and now the games are hosted by Latvia only. So my thanks to Latvia and good luck.)

-According to a ruling of the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS), Russian athletes are prohibited until December 2022 from participating in the world championships and Olympic Games under the national flag and to the tune of the national anthem. "The IIHF anthem will be played instead of the Russian national anthem. The Russian team will be playing under the flag of the Russian Olympic Committee [ROC]," the source said adding that the decision on this issue was made during the IIHF Council meeting in Moscow.

-Teams: 

[Image: 2021wmgroups_vertical_web.jpg]

Yeah, it still says "Belarus" and also "Russia" but the idea is here.

Finland won gold last time, and i expect them to do it again. Pleased to see that our opening opponent will be USA, on 22nd of May. The Americans usually have a relatively young, talented, fast team. They refuse to give an inch for free. So i am expecting to see very high quality ice hockey right from the start.

All thoughts, ideas, support for favorite team and so on, are welcome.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!

[Image: Lkklogo2.JPG]

-Jean-Paul Sartre
(05-09-2021, 11:20 AM)Finspiracy Wrote: The 2021 IIHF World Championship is scheduled to take place from 21 May to 6 June 2021.

...And the hype starts now!...

I have made threads elsewhere online, about 2018 world championships and 2019 world championships. 2020 world championships were cancelled due to the corona virus.

KEY POINTS:

-Hosted by Latvia. (Belarus and Latvia combined, won against Finland with one vote. Then there were human rights and security issues in Belarus, and now the games are hosted by Latvia only. So my thanks to Latvia and good luck.)

-According to a ruling of the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS), Russian athletes are prohibited until December 2022 from participating in the world championships and Olympic Games under the national flag and to the tune of the national anthem. "The IIHF anthem will be played instead of the Russian national anthem. The Russian team will be playing under the flag of the Russian Olympic Committee [ROC]," the source said adding that the decision on this issue was made during the IIHF Council meeting in Moscow.

-Teams: 

[Image: 2021wmgroups_vertical_web.jpg]

Yeah, it still says "Belarus" and also "Russia" but the idea is here.

Finland won gold last time, and i expect them to do it again. Pleased to see that our opening opponent will be USA, on 22nd of May. The Americans usually have a relatively young, talented, fast team. They refuse to give an inch for free. So i am expecting to see very high quality ice hockey right from the start.

All thoughts, ideas, support for favorite team and so on, are welcome.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!

[Image: Lkklogo2.JPG]

Best of luck to Finland, though they don't really need it lol. 

On another note, if you haven't been following Connor McDavid from the Edmonton Oilers, you're doing yourself a hockey disservice.  The guy is a continuous highlight reel, the best player since Mario Lemieux.
(05-09-2021, 11:27 PM)Schmoe1 Wrote: Best of luck to Finland, though they don't really need it lol. 

On another note, if you haven't been following Connor McDavid from the Edmonton Oilers, you're doing yourself a hockey disservice.  The guy is a continuous highlight reel, the best player since Mario Lemieux.

Sure, every hockey person knows McDavid. He is exceptional and we hockey fans have not had anything like him during this millennium. I don't really follow Finnish league or NHL but i have seen him play international. I like the way he can make a completely harmless looking situation end up in a goal in a heartbeat.

-Jean-Paul Sartre
Alright. Team Finland roster announced. We have 2 NHL players. Defender Olli Määttä from Los Angeles Kings and center Arttu Ruotsalainen from Buffalo Sabres.

The team traveled to Riga yesterday, which was Saturday. They are all quarantined in hotel rooms now until Tuesday. Dunno how that works... push ups and stuff? maybe weights there? Maybe even a treadmill? Well, the situation is what it is, and it is the same for every team, so i can̈́'t complain. I just wish that all teams can maintain fitness and not fall into cabin fever. Good luck to all of them.

My schedule for the starting week:

-Set up television so it can be actually watched.

-Buy popcorn and cooking oil.

-Wait for Saturday. Then wait for Saturday some more. It has to arrive at some point.

-Jean-Paul Sartre
BRING IT ON !!!

[Image: Flag_of_Finland.gif]

VS.

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=4320892]

chill

-Jean-Paul Sartre
Home crowd happy in Riga, as Latvia beats Canada 2-0 minusculebeercheers

-Jean-Paul Sartre
(05-22-2021, 07:34 AM)Finspiracy Wrote: Home crowd happy in Riga, as Latvia beats Canada 2-0 minusculebeercheers

Didn't see that one coming
Final Score! FIN 2 - 1 USA

YO

-Jean-Paul Sartre
Still have to wait for half an hour, and then Team Finland will play against Team Kazakhstan.

In the meanwhile, highlights from the yesterday's game against USA:

-Jean-Paul Sartre