Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
I ran over my Dog. Part VI. Healing with Girlie..
Hello all,

Last week I took Girlie to the Vet to have her sutures out.  Left her there for about an hour and a half.  They were very happy to see her again and funny as, she led the vet nurse into the op room.

I went off to take care of other things and returned.  Out she came looking pleased and happy.  Sutures removed. The doc and nurses said farewell and out we went into the car and drove home.  

At home she was dutifully welcomed by the others and cat.  It was like she knew that was her last visit and away she played with her ball and squeaky toy.  Lots of fetch and a long walk with the mob.  

During the week she seemed a little depressed at times, very quiet and off her food but picked up again.  

Today sees her negotiating most obstacles and we spent time in the sun playing fetch and catch while I was working.  Some pics for you all.  It was like she had never lost her leg.  Leaping off the ground to catch the ball.

[Image: Girlie-and-fetch.jpg]

[Image: Girlie-and-fetch-2.jpg]

[Image: Girlie-and-fetch-3.jpg]

Keeping her eye on the ball.

[Image: Girlie-and-ball-hand.jpg]

[Image: Girlie-and-ball.jpg]

Then a rest tonight with her mate, "Girlie Girl on the lounge near the fire.

[Image: Girlie-and-Girlie-Girl.jpg]

Hope you like the pics.  She went for a swim in the dam today as well.  I will post pics of her leaping in the water tomorrow evening.

Thanks everyone for your interest and support.

Kind regards,

Bally
[Image: cg0s4m64iqk31.jpg]
[Image: CoolForCatzSig.png]
(08-25-2020, 10:11 AM)Bally002 Wrote: Hope you like the pics.  She went for a swim in the dam today as well.

Wow ... she sprang back so fast.

I'm happy for you, Brother!!
'Cause if they catch you in the back seat trying to pick her locks
They're gonna send you back to Mother in a cardboard box
You better run!
(08-25-2020, 10:11 AM)Bally002 Wrote: Hello all,

Last week I took Girlie to the Vet to have her sutures out.  Left her there for about an hour and a half.  They were very happy to see her again and funny as, she led the vet nurse into the op room.

I went off to take care of other things and returned.  Out she came looking pleased and happy.  Sutures removed. The doc and nurses said farewell and out we went into the car and drove home.  

At home she was dutifully welcomed by the others and cat.  It was like she knew that was her last visit and away she played with her ball and squeaky toy.  Lots of fetch and a long walk with the mob.  

During the week she seemed a little depressed at times, very quiet and off her food but picked up again.  

Today sees her negotiating most obstacles and we spent time in the sun playing fetch and catch while I was working.  Some pics for you all.  It was like she had never lost her leg.  Leaping off the ground to catch the ball.

Hope you like the pics.  She went for a swim in the dam today as well.  I will post pics of her leaping in the water tomorrow evening.

Kind regards,

Ballyhappy fog

happy dog, happy dog, that's what that is.
(08-25-2020, 01:38 PM)Snarl Wrote:
(08-25-2020, 10:11 AM)Bally002 Wrote: Hope you like the pics.  She went for a swim in the dam today as well.

Wow ... she sprang back so fast.

I'm happy for you, Brother!!

Thanks @"Snarl" 

Regards,

Bally:)
(08-25-2020, 01:55 PM)hounddoghowlie Wrote:
(08-25-2020, 10:11 AM)Bally002 Wrote: Hello all,

Kind regards,

Bally

happy dog, happy dog, that's what that is.

She certainly is.  That's why we love her so much.

Cheers,

Thank you so much for sharing.

My great grandmother's leg was amputated below the knee. She said the oddest thing about it was that she could still feel it, like it was never removed.

Girlie will do just fine. 

I call my Tamar girlie-girl, when she us being her sweet self. When she is being her usual self, we all call her daughter of Satan.

For every one person that read this post. About 7.99 billion have not. 

Yet I still post.  tinyinlove
  • minusculebeercheers 

See? I told you she would be okay without the leg.   tinybiggrin 

Very happy to see her enjoying life again.   smallgreenbananadancer
Love the pics! I’m so glad to see that she is so happy and doing well.
(08-25-2020, 02:47 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote: Thank you so much for sharing.

My great grandmother's leg was amputated below the knee. She said the oddest thing about it was that she could still feel it, like it was never removed.

Girlie will do just fine. 

I call my Tamar girlie-girl, when she us being her sweet self. When she is being her usual self, we all call her daughter of Satan.

Yeah, it's an education to me and healing for us both.  She is running as if she still had 4 legs.

Kind regards,

Bally.
(08-25-2020, 05:23 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: See? I told you she would be okay without the leg.   tinybiggrin 

Very happy to see her enjoying life again.   smallgreenbananadancer

You were right.  minusculebeercheers  And I will make sure she enjoys life from now on.

(08-25-2020, 06:03 PM)VioletDove Wrote: Love the pics! I’m so glad to see that she is so happy and doing well.

We are all happy for her.  No more pain although I was a bit worried at first to see her leaping one legged off the ground to catch the ball but doesn't seem to worry her. 

Cheers,

Happy for you people. She looks like she is recovering very well.
smallawesome
I’m so happy for you all! Love the pics. Girlie is such a good dog. So glad she’s recovering so well.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=8180]
So good to see! tinybiggrin She is looking great!

I love watching my Dog (Eli) sleep, there is nothing more peaceful and cute!
I was born with a Thorn in my Soul, sometimes it hurts.

Nature gave us one tongue and two ears so we could hear twice as much as we speak.

- Epictetus

(08-25-2020, 10:03 PM)Tarzan the apeman. Wrote: Happy for you people. She looks like she is recovering very well.
smallawesome

And girlie's getting better with each day.

Here's a pic of her jumping into the dam.

[Image: Girlie-Dam.png]

Cheers,

Bally
(08-26-2020, 03:01 AM)ChiefD Wrote: I’m so happy for you all! Love the pics. Girlie is such a good dog. So glad she’s recovering so well.

Thanks Chief.

She is a good dog.  Very loyal.

Kind regards,

Bally
(08-26-2020, 11:19 PM)Bally002 Wrote:
(08-25-2020, 10:03 PM)Tarzan the apeman. Wrote: Happy for you people. She looks like she is recovering very well.
smallawesome

Cheers,

Bally

Yeah two of my monsters went swimming in the pond today. After running off through the woods and visiting my neighbor, that brought them back.

All bets are off when those pesky rabbits are out and teasing them. Even though they never need much of an excuse to go for a good run.

Girlie is a good girl. She would never do the things my devil spawn Husky brats do.  Maybe when they get older they will mellow out and calm down. 

I can wish, can't I?   tinylaughing

For every one person that read this post. About 7.99 billion have not. 

Yet I still post.  tinyinlove
  • minusculebeercheers 

(08-26-2020, 08:06 AM)Moonmagic Wrote: So good to see! tinybiggrin She is looking great!  

I love watching my Dog (Eli) sleep, there is nothing more peaceful and cute!

I agree,  If they sleep without a worry in the world they look sound.  In the morning we are always greeted by wagging tails and the meow of 'Cat' who wants a feed.  But when they are all together 4 dogs and 'Cat' on the lounges near the hearth in the evening, its a peaceful setting.

Nice to see them relax.

Kind regards,

(08-26-2020, 11:19 PM)Bally002 Wrote:
smallawesome

Prolly wouldn't be about like that if the vet had left her leg.

She looks absolutely ferocious!!  What a great recovery!!

You take good pictures, Bally.  :-)
'Cause if they catch you in the back seat trying to pick her locks
They're gonna send you back to Mother in a cardboard box
You better run!