Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Giants?
The Shuar tribe mentioned are also called Jivaro. They are the Amazon tribe known for shrinking heads. I wonder if that got started to make their vanquished enemies look as small relative to them as they look to these giants?

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

(05-24-2020, 03:13 AM)Ninurta Wrote: The Shuar tribe mentioned are also called Jivaro. They are the Amazon tribe known for shrinking heads. I wonder if that got started to make their vanquished enemies look as small relative to them as they look to these giants?

Interesting idea, I wonder if it would be possible to find some of the very old ones and check DNA or is it too long ago.
(05-24-2020, 09:02 AM)Wallfire Wrote:
(05-24-2020, 03:13 AM)Ninurta Wrote: The Shuar tribe mentioned are also called Jivaro. They are the Amazon tribe known for shrinking heads. I wonder if that got started to make their vanquished enemies look as small relative to them as they look to these giants?

Interesting idea, I wonder if it would be possible to find some of the very old ones and check DNA or is it too long ago.

Old, original tsantsas are rare now, and almost all housed in museums. Thee has been a booming market in "shrunken heads" for several years, and some of them are being made out of formed goat skins. Some, at least for a while, were being made out of stolen bodies from morgues to supply the demand. I don't think any are too old to analyse the DNA, but given their history of being passed around, there is likely to be a high DNA contamination rate from external DNA.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

(06-20-2020, 02:35 PM)727Sky Wrote:

smallawesome  Thank you @"727Sky"
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
Bump.
@"727Sky"  they (YT) turned off your video.
BUT!
I found another that is good, it is 40 minutes long, but this video does express my thoughts on the Giants of Old Earth.
(08-03-2020, 07:58 AM)guohua Wrote: Bump.
BUT!
I found another that is good, it is 40 minutes long, but this video does express my thoughts on the Giants of Old Earth.

YT and their owners have become a bunch of idiots... I can not wait until some other platform kicks their butts !
(08-03-2020, 08:03 AM)727Sky Wrote:
(08-03-2020, 07:58 AM)guohua Wrote: Bump.
BUT!

YT and their owners have become a bunch of idiots... I can not wait until some other platform kicks their butts !

I agree with you completely.
Ladies and Gentlemen, I present to you the Book of Enoch.

https://book-ofenoch.com/

It's been a good few years since I read it but it certainly is an eye opener. There is a .pdf to download in the link.
And the Book of Giants.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gCpTBl5w0Ng

I have the pdf somewhere on an old hard drive. If I can find a link I will post it.
(08-03-2020, 12:29 PM)Wide-Eyes Wrote: And the Book of Giants.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gCpTBl5w0Ng

I have the pdf somewhere on an old hard drive. If I can find a link I will post it.

I had the book of Enoch once and found it to be Fascinating.
@"guohua" 

This is an interesting link:
https://www.scribd.com/doc/13122315/The-...ranslation
(08-04-2020, 10:10 PM)Wide-Eyes Wrote: @"guohua" 

This is an interesting link:
https://www.scribd.com/doc/13122315/The-...ranslation

Thanks.
I'll have to really find a book in Mandarin Chinese or the video I watched before.
@"guohua" 

I'm off topic here, but have been wanting to ask you what your impression of the I Ching is ?

Cheers
[Image: 14sigsepia.jpg]

(08-05-2020, 09:56 AM)F2d5thCav Wrote: @"guohua" 

I'm off topic here, but have been wanting to ask you what your impression of the I Ching is ?

Cheers
Great Book but difficult to read in the original text, that would be Traditional Mandarin Chinese with the use of over 50,000 characters.
I am sure there is an English Version.

The book of Change or the Oracle Book as some have called it. We call it the Yijing which means Classic of Changes, 
The text is thousands of years old and they say can be used as a philosophical taxonomy insight of the universe. (I didn't think so)

Use written for the Rulers and Elite Class in China as a guide to keep them on an Ethical Path it also mentions art and other things in everyday life.
I found it to be mostly a lot of Confucianism.

It is a Very Old Traditional Chinese Book, it was actually written I think to improve a Rulers or the Ruling Class way of thinking about their Peasants. 
It was a book they consulted about everything, local religion to science, the art of dancing.
There is even a mythological version part of the book about Snakes and Dragons.
Thank you, @"guohua" !

Cheers

(08-05-2020, 07:50 PM)F2d5thCav Wrote: Thank you, @"guohua" !

Cheers

You're Welcome.
Are you reading this book or taking a class in Traditional Chinese Culture and Sciences?
Or for enjoyment and an insight into Life and Astrology and Confucius?  
Just curious.
(08-05-2020, 07:59 PM)guohua Wrote:
(08-05-2020, 07:50 PM)F2d5thCav Wrote: Thank you, @"guohua" !

Cheers

You're Welcome.
Are you reading this book or taking a class in Traditional Chinese Culture and Sciences?
Or for enjoyment and an insight into Life and Astrology and Confucius?  
Just curious.

Hi @"guohua" 

On occasion I "toss the yarrow stalks" to see what the I Ching "has to say" about a given situation.

Have to say the last time I used it, it was quite accurate in that my planned action would neither result in anything very bad, but would not be a great outcome, either.  And that is pretty much how it was worked out.

Also just read bits of it from time to time.

As far as its use as an "oracle", I think the greatest value is that the applying the "answer" one receives forces one to think about a situation from multiple angles -- angles that one might not normally consider.  It sort of encourages the reader to expand their perception and view the situation with a broader perspective.

Cheers!