Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
FUNNY PHOTOS THREAD - Come In For A Giggle!
[Image: ru5e54d7bd-1.jpg]
(08-01-2020, 01:54 AM)Snarl Wrote: I might regret this one ...

You probably should.

Look, I have a good sense of humor and all but it is ignorant shit like this that promotes animosity and discrimination. When you've been mocked, bullied, dehumanized and nearly beaten to death due to the attitudes and hostility this kind of "humor" promotes, it isn't all that funny.

Just because you can do something doesn't necessarily mean you should, like these for example:

[Image: attachment.php?aid=8168]

[Image: attachment.php?aid=8170]

[Image: attachment.php?aid=8171]

[Image: attachment.php?aid=8169]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
Well, at least he keeps the media guess as he sneaks up and [Image: giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e476037ea490a69401ae0...=giphy.gif]
  [Image: giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47172ddf3c83d8c5a06b...=giphy.gif]  [Image: giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47be8417cb0e260611fe...=giphy.gif]
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
(08-02-2020, 04:27 AM)Freija Wrote:
(08-01-2020, 01:54 AM)Snarl Wrote:
I might regret this one ...
Just because you can do something doesn't necessarily mean you should, like these for example:

But ... but ... I genuinely busted out laughing at those.  What does that mean? <--- Serious question?

You don't know me.  I don't know you.  I think the only way you can be offended by the Internet, is if you _want_ to be offended.

[Image: Offended.jpg]

[Image: Garbage-Bag-Hair-Tie.jpg]

[Image: Liberal-Barbie.jpg]

[Image: Tootsie-Rolls.jpg]

[Image: My-Answer.png]

[Image: Off-Season-Protestors.jpg]

[Image: Nasty-Hand.jpg]

[Image: Decided.png]
'Cause if they catch you in the back seat trying to pick her locks
They're gonna send you back to Mother in a cardboard box
You better run!
(08-02-2020, 01:32 PM)Snarl Wrote:
(08-01-2020, 01:54 AM)Snarl Wrote:
I might regret this one ...

But ... but ... I genuinely busted out laughing at those.  What does that mean? <--- Serious question?

You don't know me.  I don't know you.  I think the only way you can be offended by the Internet, is if you _want_ to be offended.

[Image: Offended.jpg]

[Image: Garbage-Bag-Hair-Tie.jpg]

[Image: Liberal-Barbie.jpg]

[Image: Tootsie-Rolls.jpg]

[Image: My-Answer.png]

[Image: Off-Season-Protestors.jpg]

[Image: Nasty-Hand.jpg]

[Image: Decided.png]
Perhaps I look at things differently. Because of the places I have been and things I have seen I could be offended by so many things. But I dont expect people to see things with my eyes, If im honest, im almost happy when people dont understand the way I understand some things because that means they have not suffered or seen the evil. For me that means there is still hope for the world.
(08-01-2020, 01:54 AM)Snarl Wrote: I might regret this one ...

You probably should.

Look, I have a good sense of humor and all but it is ignorant shit like this that promotes animosity and discrimination. When you've been mocked, bullied, dehumanized and nearly beaten to death due to the attitudes and hostility this kind of "humor" promotes, it isn't all that funny.

I am going to chime in, though copying what @Snarl said, I probably shouldn't. I have spent the whole of my career dealing with sensitive situations on a very personal level, this has led me to over forty years of working with people's beliefs, feelings, and behaviors. I have found people do better handling the big things. The little things that seem inconsequential to most, are the Achilles heel for many.  

Years ago the Naval base where I worked, had us all go through sensitivity training. A lot of people think this is a new idea, but even back in the early 70s the military, at least, tried to fix the problem of bigotry. Knowing it was important to make for better camaraderie among the ranks. Humor was one of the biggest sore spots for both parties to deal with. It also was a point of division on many levels.

Many people are oblivious to the pain a joke, or covert and obscure humor can cause. They believe if they are not mindfully attacking someone, then it is just funny; no harm, no foul. If one responds sourly to the joke, the one telling the joke becomes defensive and sometimes becomes angry. They then accuse the offended person of just being overly sensitive, and will commonly call the offended party, a snowflake. This is a common defense and dismissal of what is believed to be a legitimate offense, and further obfuscates the fact that it was considered as offensive to begin with.

One of the hardest topics for most to understand, is that innocent humor, is always at the expense of someone else. Humor is a weapon that has been used throughout time. But as my Mother frequently told us, "Many times the true heart is spoken in a joke."

I like a good joke as much as the next person, even if I am the butt of the joke. I have no problem when people are laughing with me, but no one likes being laughed at. It can be a very sticky wicket when it is being shared on the internet, because you don't have control of your audience, and you are judged by the way you are perceived, not by what you meant.

So I an going to shut up now and go to my room.

For every one person that read this post. About 7.99 billion have not. 

Yet I still post.  tinyinlove
  • minusculebeercheers 

[Image: fukitol.jpg]
[url=https://ibb.co/wr2L70P][/url]
(08-02-2020, 03:57 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote: It also was a point of division on many levels.

I had a good job working 'for' the Army after retiring from the Army.  The enforced 'equality' ... when you know there's no such thing ... was a primary deciding factor into walking away from a bigger retirement check (security) ... and moving into Risk Territory for better money.

Equal Opportunity doesn't favor the person who is most qualified.  I thought that had become obvious when it became common knowledge that white kids were being edged out of college admissions in favor of minorities (just so long as they weren't Asian minorities).  Sometimes I laugh at our differences.  Other times I am so embarrassed for other people that I just don't say anything.  There's an agenda ... and I've gone Rogue!!  LOL

[Image: Chuck-2.jpg]

[Image: New-Company-Policy.jpg]

[Image: Blurt.jpg]

[Image: Get-a-Grip.jpg]

[Image: Society.jpg]

[Image: Happy-Place.png]

[Image: Too-Funny.jpg]

[Image: Tequila.jpg]

[Image: Post-Deployment.jpg]

[Image: GTFOOH.jpg] 
You better run!
(08-02-2020, 01:32 PM)Snarl Wrote: I think the only way you can be offended by the Internet, is if you _want_ to be offended.

Nothing like doubling down, eh? I didn't say I was offended, I'm not the sensitive type, but I did say I failed to find the humor in what you posted.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=8174]

I'm fairly certain you have the good common sense to not post something blatantly derogatory against racial minorities so why this one, one of the most marginalized and poorly understood groups on the planet? I’m also guessing you couldn’t be arsed or your attention span is too short to read where I talked about my past here?

You shouldn’t have to worry though as I suspect this might apply?
[Image: attachment.php?aid=8175]

And just for you…
[Image: attachment.php?aid=8176]

@Snarl… You’re fired!  tinybiggrin

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
Quote:
I'm fairly certain you have the good common sense to not post something blatantly derogatory against racial minorities so why this one,

Sooooooo.....^^^^^^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^^^

"Ask not for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee"
internet Agent Provocateur
tinybigeyes
Can we make fun of extra weight too?  I'll start.  Because I am not a small girl. 
Bullying, it isn't okay.  OKAY.  I can laugh at myself.   tinylaughing Love everyone/thing.  Chill out and laugh at yourself. No one gets off this rock alive.  No one is perfect, ever, including yourself.

[Image: Offend-everyone.jpg]

[Image: New-shut-up-chocolate.jpg]

[Image: New-sexy-back.jpg]
(08-02-2020, 08:16 PM)DaphneApollo Wrote: Can we make fun of extra weight too?  I'll start.

Tryin' to get a rise out of @"beez" ??

[Image: Flat-Fat.jpg]

[Image: Donuts.jpg]
You better run!
Fat!!??
Can you do this?
[Image: giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e476a11d87f67d1ec3356...=giphy.gif] Neither can I  tinysure
[Image: giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47ac61e4ff665ac9a0a0...=giphy.gif] Nope!
Could be more like,,,[Image: tenor.gif] and [Image: tenor.gif] Yes I am, But  [Image: tenor.gif]
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
Actual picture of me ...

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse1.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3...%3DApi&f=1]

Curves for Dayzzzzz!
I was born with a Thorn in my Soul, sometimes it hurts.

Nature gave us one tongue and two ears so we could hear twice as much as we speak.

- Epictetus

[Image: do-you-like-touch-my-balls-first-or-how-...rovert.jpg]

[Image: funny-memes-person-loading-afro-50.jpg]

[Image: memes-person-come-in-here-and-say-that-a...-bitch.jpg]
[Image: attachment.php?aid=8031]
[Image: td.png]

[Image: catnip.jpg]
[Image: chicken-samich.jpg]

[Image: 30-Hilarious-Animal-Memes-20.jpg]
[Image: fart.jpg]

[Image: jon-pony.jpg]

[Image: OIP-V8s-L-jr-NIrq-I6t-W8-Bz-Ezgg-Ha-MC.jpg]

[Image: rudy.jpg]

[Image: special.jpg]
[Image: boobs-dentist-for-men.jpg]
[Image: Bumper-Stickers.jpg]

[Image: Deep-State-for-Dummies.jpg]

[Image: Democrat-Pregnancy-Test.jpg]

[Image: End-To-Blonde-Jokes.jpg]
You better run!
Thought @"Snarl"  would like this.  It was put up on TOS.

[Image: gp5f28b5ba.jpg]

Cheers
[Image: 14sigsepia.jpg]

(08-04-2020, 07:59 AM)F2d5thCav Wrote: Thought @"Snarl"  would like this.  It was put up on TOS.

[Image: gp5f28b5ba.jpg]

Cheers

No No No Cav!!  Snarl is not The Fumigator.
You better run!