Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
I ran over our dog Part IV. The visit before the OP.
Well after work today 'true love' and I went to the surgery to pay a visit to Girlie.

The staff led us into a room where she was housed in a big pen.  The staff member left and we opened the gate.  Girlie hopped out and greeted us.  Head on our laps and lifting her front paw up for us to pet it.

She snuggled into us on the floor and I gave her the hugs as requested.  She looked good.  Her vigor and color had returned but of course that leg was bandaged up and she couldn't put weight on it at all.  We chatted with her, got licks and chin rubs.  She whined lightly.  It was good to see her again.

Time flew and we had to leave.  Sadly we put her back in her pen , blew kisses and walked out to the Vet who gave us a briefing.  Girlie started whining real loud and yelping from the room we had just left.  Vet said it was good we visited as they had given her 'anti depressants' .  I never knew that.  

She looked good.  My eldest son who lives nearby the surgery will pop in tomorrow morning before her operation.  

Will be thinking of her when I get up tomorrow.

My regards,

Bally:)
Thanks for the update, @"Bally002" 

Poor animal.

Cheers
[Image: 14sigsepia.jpg]

(07-30-2020, 10:17 AM)F2d5thCav Wrote: Thanks for the update, @"Bally002" 

Poor animal.

Cheers

Yeah, don't I know it.  My heart ached and I had to excuse myself from talking with the surgeon.  Guess I was tearing up listening to the yelping.

Kind regards,

Bally.
I'd have been blubbering, not even embarrassed to admit it!

Hope it all goes well mate, get her back soon and well!
I was born with a Thorn in my Soul, sometimes it hurts.

Nature gave us one tongue and two ears so we could hear twice as much as we speak.

- Epictetus

(07-30-2020, 10:33 AM)Moonmagic Wrote: I'd have been blubbering, not even embarrassed to admit it!

Hope it all goes well mate, get her back soon and well!

Thank you MM for replying.

Kind regards,

Bally
Thanks for the update @"Bally002".

We're with you and Girlie mate.

minusculebeercheers
G
[Image: CoolForCatzSig.png]
(07-30-2020, 10:50 AM)gordi Wrote: Thanks for the update @"Bally002".

We're with you and Girlie mate.

minusculebeercheers
G

Thanks for the good vibes Gordi.  

I'm sure with all the support here Girlie will be home here healthy in no time.

My regards,

Bally
Girlie will be fine mate , couple of months from now she wont even notice the missing leg , you im not so sure about though . No ones fault , this stuff happens , AND i have never seen an unhappy 3 legged dog and i have seen a few . Check her tail when she gets home , i bet you its wagging . Good luck girlie on the op .
Keeping you and Girlie in my thoughts. Hope everything goes well and she has a speedy recovery.
Thank you for keeping us posted. Glad to hear she is doing good.  My best to you and your family.
(07-30-2020, 02:30 PM)hutch622 Wrote: Girlie will be fine mate , couple of months from now she wont even notice the missing leg , you im not so sure about though . No ones fault , this stuff happens , AND i have never seen an unhappy 3 legged dog and i have seen a few . Check her tail when she gets home , i bet you its wagging . Good luck girlie on the op .

Hello Hutch.  

Thanks for dropping in. Always good to hear from you.  How's living in your neck of the woods.  

Her tail was wagging when we visited her and of course it will wag again.  We also have a one eyed dog and he gets on with life just fine.  I like sneaking up on his blind side.

Me, I'm okay thanks.  Will be happy when she is home like you said and if I had a tail it would be wagging too.

My regards to you and yours,

(07-30-2020, 04:14 PM)VioletDove Wrote: Keeping you and Girlie in my thoughts. Hope everything goes well and she has a speedy recovery.

Hello Dove,

Thanks for the kind words and thoughts.  I'm happy people are thinking of her.

(07-30-2020, 04:57 PM)Tarzan the apeman. Wrote: Thank you for keeping us posted. Glad to hear she is doing good.  My best to you and your family.

Kind thoughts as always Tarzan.  I feel obliged to keep updates flowing on and replying to all those who have shown caring thoughts.  Also takes a bit of weight of my mind at least.  Cheers.

Our best to you and yours also.

Good to read that she is doing good.

For me, I'm dealing with a sick cat.  Still waiting to hear back from the vet as to if they can take him in tomorrow.  Otherwise I'll search elsewhere.  What scares me is that he is at that age of which whatever he has may be his undoing.
If I am not here then I am probably someplace else.
(07-30-2020, 10:16 PM)LookingForABetterLife Wrote: Good to read that she is doing good.

For me, I'm dealing with a sick cat.  Still waiting to hear back from the vet as to if they can take him in tomorrow.  Otherwise I'll search elsewhere.  What scares me is that he is at that age of which whatever he has may be his undoing.

@"LookingForABetterLife" 
Sorry to hear this.  Keep us updated.  I'm a huge cat lover.   tinyinbiglove
(07-30-2020, 02:30 PM)hutch622 Wrote: i have never seen an unhappy 3 legged dog and i have seen a few

Ain't it the truth?

@"Bally002", you mind what I said about visiting her.  She will absolutely expect you to take her back home to the pack.  Every damned time you don't ... she won't be able to understand.  I made that as a bad mistake when I was assigned to Schofield Barracks in Hawaii.  Damned Hawaiians make you quarantine your pooch for 6 months.  We visited every chance we got ... and ignorantly made the dog go insane.  We brought him home and it was like he turned feral ... bit me and then he bit my little daughter ... and that was that.  Wife's dog ... she's never forgiven me ... like it was all my fault.

Trust me ... learn from my mistake.  I ain't just blown' smoke mate.
'Cause if they catch you in the back seat trying to pick her locks
They're gonna send you back to Mother in a cardboard box
You better run!
(07-30-2020, 10:16 PM)LookingForABetterLife Wrote: Good to read that she is doing good.

Sorry to hear that mate.  Hope your moggy recovers.  We lost one of 2 cats to a snake a little while back. (Name was 'cranky')

So we're left with our current 'cat' as I call him and he follows us and the dogs everywhere even in the bush while working.

I gave girlie another hug for you yesterday.

Kind regards,

Bally
(07-30-2020, 10:16 PM)LookingForABetterLife Wrote: What scares me is that he is at that age of which whatever he has may be his undoing.

I'm sorry to hear this.  I know it's gotta be tough waiting.  I hope Ol' Tom gets an appointment real quick.
'Cause if they catch you in the back seat trying to pick her locks
They're gonna send you back to Mother in a cardboard box
You better run!
(07-30-2020, 10:46 PM)Snarl Wrote:
(07-30-2020, 02:30 PM)hutch622 Wrote: i have never seen an unhappy 3 legged dog and i have seen a few

Ain't it the truth?

@"Bally002", you mind what I said about visiting her.  She will absolutely expect you to take her back home to the pack.  Every damned time you don't ... she won't be able to understand.  I made that as a bad mistake when I was assigned to Schofield Barracks in Hawaii.  Damned Hawaiians make you quarantine your pooch for 6 months.  We visited every chance we got ... and ignorantly made the dog go insane.  We brought him home and it was like he turned feral ... bit me and then he bit my little daughter ... and that was that.  Wife's dog ... she's never forgiven me ... like it was all my fault.

Trust me ... learn from my mistake.  I ain't just blown' smoke mate.

Sorry Snarl, I'm not sure what you mean.  I take your advice very seriously and will continue to do so.  My saying "Ain't it the truth?"  From my perspective, means, I'm agreeing.  Perhaps I should have left the ? mark off.

Of course I trust you and I'm sure you're not blowing smoke if I get the meaning there.  I'm a bit slow on the up take sometimes.  

Apologies if I have said something that's been lost in the translation.  I'm still unsure.

My kindest regards and respect,

Bally
(07-30-2020, 10:15 AM)Bally002 Wrote: Well after work today 'true love' and I went to the surgery to pay a visit to Girlie.

The staff led us into a room where she was housed in a big pen.  The staff member left and we opened the gate.  Girlie hopped out and greeted us.  Head on our laps and lifting her front paw up for us to pet it.

She snuggled into us on the floor and I gave her the hugs as requested.  She looked good.  Her vigor and color had returned but of course that leg was bandaged up and she couldn't put weight on it at all.  We chatted with her, got licks and chin rubs.  She whined lightly.  It was good to see her again.

Time flew and we had to leave.  Sadly we put her back in her pen , blew kisses and walked out to the Vet who gave us a briefing.  Girlie started whining real loud and yelping from the room we had just left.  Vet said it was good we visited as they had given her 'anti depressants' .  I never knew that.  

She looked good.  My eldest son who lives nearby the surgery will pop in tomorrow morning before her operation.  

Will be thinking of her when I get up tomorrow.

My regards,

Thanks for the update. Thinking of you and Girlie. As others said, within a few weeks/months it will be like it never happened. Happy thoughts and hugs to you.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=8180]