Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The South Pole, UFOs and Admiral Byrd
This video is only 15 minutes long but covers some interesting things about the South Pole.
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
Great video, and yes, I believe there are things going on under the ice that would shock most people.  Not me.   tinylaughing 

minusculeclap
Explanation: Didn't watch the vid and I throw a red flag down and call poppycock on the claims made.

Personal Disclosure: And here is why ...

When I was a wee pup ... of 12yrs old in yr 6 in last year of primary school I was required to pick an explorer and do a 'project' on them for class.

I chose Sir Robert Falcon Scott ... when I SHOULD have chosen Amudsen instead ... but whatever ... his Antarctic exploration is key here and so is Amudsens journey across the ice.

Sir Scott and his men made it to the south pole about 1-2weeks after Amudsen did it from an entirely different direction ... neither speak of a giant 800mile diameter hole in the ice at all.

Then Sir Scott and his men all died on the return leg ... their diarys were found and claimed for posterity and history.

I am 100% sure that if there was such a giant hole to a hollow earth that it would have been mentioned by dying men who did it for fame glory and MONEY!

Now if they are talking about a smaller hole .. well antarctica is covered in glaciers over 2miles thick and crevasses are a thing and could clearly be called crevasses and not GIANT FUCKING HOLES for one ... I call a hyperbole foul sorry.

UFO's I believe in but Byrds tales are almost unbelievable unless I agree with Nazi bell experiments and the Nazi antarctic bases.

Hence I find myself in quandry ... as I believe both the latter cases to be true. But Byrds diarys are still unpaletable to me.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Falcon_Scott

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amundsen%2...expedition

https://www.mentalfloss.com/article/9362...d-crevasse

https://www.gaia.com/article/nazi-bell-ufo-technology

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Swabia

https://galnet.fandom.com/wiki/Secret_Di...miral_Byrd

minusculebeercheers
OL at beez - "Here, if you have a milkshake, and I have a milkshake, and I have a straw. There it is, it's a straw, you see? Watch it. Now my straw reaches across the room and starts to drink your milkshake. I... drink... your... milkshake. I drink it up!"

Do not engage in useless activity ... and ... from one thing, know many things!

Think Globally, Act Locally, Feel Internally ... Wash, Rinse, Dry and Repeat!

It's Just A Ride!
@"OmegaLogos" 

I don't know about the 800 mile hole and I do think Admiral Byrd and his radio man make have been tripping on some cheap LSD at the time.

I do think there was a depression with a 100 yard wide hole thou.
I also do believe that bases could be under the ice that leads in from the ocean.
It's comical to think the government or military would tell the truth, about much of anything....  It's a cool story, but Shambala or inner earth.... about as likely as the flat earth.
As far as credibility goes, I can't see many people topping Admiral Byrd, why on earth would he lie about something like that, and destroy all the amazing things he did in his life?  Medal of Honor, just to name one.

I think there's something to the whole Antarctica thing, remember when a few celebrities and politicians went there, and there was a weird message from Buzz Aldrin after visiting.

There are also false rumors about Antarctica,  one being that it's illegal to go there.  Anybody can go.  Just be in peak health and willing to brave freezing temperatures.
[Image: Green%20Banner.jpg]
@"OmegaLogos" 

[Image: 250px-Emblem_of_the_Nazi_German_Antarcti...on.svg.png]

vink vink

tinylaughing 

Cheers
[Image: 14sigsepia.jpg]

I found this bit of info

Quote:THE ADMIRAL BYRD / OPERATION HIGHJUMP MYTH
Posted by DrHeiser | Apr 10, 2015 | Fringe History & ArchaeologyUFO ReligionsUFO Sightings, CasesUFOs as Folklore |     

[img=339x0]https://drmsh.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/uforeligions-1070x640.jpg[/img]
Anyone who has read a bit on UFOs during World War II (especially any Nazi technology angle) has no doubt run into the story of how Admiral Richard Byrd “led 4,000 military troops from the U.S., Britain and Australia in an invasion of Antarctica called “Operation Highjump” . . .  and encountered heavy resistance to their Antarctic venture from flying saucers and had to call off the invasion.”1 The story is bogus (the UFO part), but gullible researchers have perpetuated this myth. I’m not sure why when the real story is not difficult to find. I have the proof in The Portent.
Here’s the way the myth is usually told:

Quote:On 5 March, 1947 the “El Mercurio” newspaper of Santiago, Chile, had a headline article “On Board the Mount Olympus on the High Seas” which quoted Byrd in an interview with Lee Van Atta:
“Adm. Byrd declared today that it was imperative for the United States to initiate immediate defense measures against hostile regions. Furthermore, Byrd stated that he “didn’t want to frighten anyone unduly” but that it was “a bitter reality that in case of a new war the continental United States would be attacked by flying objects which could fly from pole to pole at incredible speeds.”2

This quotation is based on a deliberately manipulated translation of what Byrd really said. Here is the text of the interview in the original Spanish and an accurate English translation. One can see how misleading the above manipulative translation really is — designed to have Byrd talking about advanced flight technology when he said nothing of the sort. Anyone who can read Spanish can verify this.

Quote:Spanish text from El Mercurio:
El Almirante Richard E. Byrd advirtió hoy que es imperativo para los Estados Unidos de America el iniciar medidas de defensa contra la posibilidad de una invasión del país de parte de aviones hostiles provenientes de las regiones polares. El Almirante explicó que no quiere asustar a nadie, pero es una verdad amarga que, en el caso de una nueva guerra, los Estados Unidos podrían ser atacados por aviones que pueden volar sobre uno o los dos polos. Esta declaración se hizo como parte de una recapitulación de su propia experiencia polar, en una entrevista exclusiva con International News Service. Refiriéndose a la expedición de reciente finalización, Byrd dijo que el resultado más importante de sus observaciones y descubrimientos es el efecto potencial que tienen con respecto a la seguridad de los Estados Unidos. La velocidad fantástica a la que el mundo se está reduciendo – recordó el Almirante– es una de las lecciones más importantes aprendidas en su reciente exploración antártica. Debo advertir a mis compatriotas que terminó aquel tiempo en el que podíamos refugiarnos en nuestro aislamiento y confiar en la certeza de que las distancias, los océanos, y los polos eran una garantía de seguridad.
English Translation:
“Admiral Richard E. Byrd warned today that the United States should adopt measures of protection against the possibility of an invasion of the country by hostile planes coming from the polar regions. The Admiral explained that he was not trying to scare anyone, but the cruel reality is that in case of a new war, the United States could be attacked by planes flying over one or both poles. This statement was made as part of a recapitulation of his own polar experience, in an exclusive interview with International News Service. Talking about the recently completed expedition, Byrd said that the most important result of his observations and discoveries is the potential effect that they have in relation to the security of the United States. The fantastic speed with which the world is shrinking – recalled the Admiral – is one of the most important lessons learned during his recent Antarctic exploration. I have to warn my compatriots that the time has ended when we were able to take refuge in our isolation and rely on the certainty that the distances, the oceans, and the poles were a guarantee of safety.”

The Byrd myth-quote is terribly misleading. Only the lazy or dishonest will continue to foist it on people as fact. There are plenty of other more interesting and factual trajectories regarding Nazi wingless/saucer technology than this nonsense.
Here’s a link to the only peer-reviewed research article on this topic I know of. It’s quite good, with plenty of documentation:
Colin Summerhayes and Peter Beeching, “Hitler’s Antarctic Base: The Myth and The Reality,” Polar Record 43 (224): 1–21 (2007).
link
One of my favorite stories.  A fleet no less.  Sent to Antarctica on a mission.  Comes back with a story that still defies imagination.

Kind regards,

Bally
(07-30-2020, 06:54 AM)Schmoe1 Wrote: As far as credibility goes, I can't see many people topping Admiral Byrd, why on earth would he lie about something like that, and destroy all the amazing things he did in his life?  Medal of Honor, just to name one.

I think there's something to the whole Antarctica thing, remember when a few celebrities and politicians went there, and there was a weird message from Buzz Aldrin after visiting.

There are also false rumors about Antarctica,  one being that it's illegal to go there.  Anybody can go.  Just be in peak health and willing to brave freezing temperatures.

Correct.  Amazing story regarding Byrd.  But to me, there's a little bit of skepticism.  Could the story have been made up to justify a fleet sailing to Antarctica and the couple of mishaps.  Great man, no doubt but nothing since.

My thoughts and kind regards,

Bally
The curious thing about HIGHJUMP is that is a -long- way to go just to have a training exercise.

Cheers

Admiral Richard Byrd, the cousin of David Harold Byrd.
D.H Byrd bought a certain School Book Depository building in Dallas, where someone who used to boast
that he would work for NASA one day, allegedly took a pot-shot at a President.

I mean Oswald, not Mac Wallace!
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
(07-31-2020, 04:27 PM)BIAD Wrote: Admiral Richard Byrd, the cousin of David Harold Byrd.
D.H Byrd bought a certain School Book Depository building in Dallas, where someone who used to boast
that he would work for NASA one day, allegedly took a pot-shot at a President.

I mean Oswald, not Mac Wallace!

That is an interesting story.
It seems like a great story giving hope to the common man on the street. If it is true that Admiral Byrd had this flight and entered and spoke with the inhabitants of inner earth, then of course it is world breaking news... to be SURE. 

Why then is it hidden ?  For what reason ? It will never be forgotten. It's all over youtube and on TV psuedo-science programs, mysteries, and well enough known. 
It's likely if the inhabitants know our behavior, they don't want us down there at all.... zero.
Sorry about the color, I will refrain from here on out.
[Image: 22554956-10214671621887108-6022528294061774353-n.jpg]
(07-31-2020, 10:49 PM)PLOTUS Wrote: Sorry about the color, I will refrain from here on out.
[Image: 22554956-10214671621887108-6022528294061774353-n.jpg]

[Image: 22554956-10214671621887108-6022528294061774353-n.jpg] This better?  minusculebeercheers
I now have no secrets my friends. A stroll on North Myrtle Beach with my son.
Yeah, Atlantic coast in the south is very nice.  [thumbs up]

Cheers

Some of you may enjoy this video.
Bump.
 So, we have a Flat Earth Theory thread how about the Hollow Earth.

You want more?

Okay, you are interested,,,, Great, here is the last video in the series.