Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Three Officers Dead, at Least 7 Injured in Baton Rouge
BREAKING NEWS!  More police officers have been killed in Baton Rouge! 

[Image: 578ba6974140e.image.jpg?resize=1200%2C771]

Quote:What we know: 
--Three law enforcement officers confirmed dead
--1 suspect dead; law enforcement believes 2 others at large
--Shooting happened near Airline and Old Hammond highways around 9 a.m.

Update, 11:21 a.m.
One suspect is dead and law enforcement believes two others may be at large, East Baton Rouge Sheriff's Office spokeswoman Casey Rayborn Hicks said. 
Three law enforcement officers are confirmed dead and three others are injured, Hicks said.
Anyone who sees suspicious activity should call 911 immediately. 
Update, 11:06 a.m. 

At least three law enforcement officers were killed Sunday morning in a shooting on Airline Highway near Old Hammond Highway, and others were wounded, authorities confirmed.
Two of the dead are Baton Rouge police officers, and one is an East Baton Rouge Parish sheriff's deputy, Baton Rouge Chief Administrative Officer William Daniel confirmed.
A Baton Rouge police officer armed with a rifle is standing guard at Our Lady of the Lake Medical Center where at least some of the wounded have been taken. Holden said there were at least seven wounded.
About 11 a.m., East Baton Rouge Parish Sheriff's Office spokeswoman Casey Rayborn Hicks said that the area is still an active scene but is contained.
Both lanes of Airline Highway are shut down from Goodwood Boulevard to Old Hammond Highway and from Old Hammond to Drusilla Drive, Hicks said.
Police officers wearing bulletproof vests were near the scene and helicopters were flying overhead.
Armed police officers were stationed at Our Lady of the Lake Regional Medical Center, where a coroner's vehicle had pulled up.
Stay tuned for more information

Source

I'm guessing this is connected to the BLM movement, but we will have to wait for more information.
This is insane!
How So Very Sad! mediumcrying
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
This fella lived just south of me in KC, 13 houses off the street that I lived on. I went past his house every day on my way to work. He fancied himself an Alpha Male, but to be honest, he wouldn't have known an Alpha Male if one walked up and broke it's foot off in his ass. Kansas City police converged on his house this afternoon, sealed the block off, and had a standoff going on between them an a guy inside armed with what is reported to be an AK.

He had a membership card on his dead carcass stating he was affiliated with the "Washitaw Nation", a group of blacks who claim to be the original indigenous people of America. They stole their name from the Ouachita Indians of Oklahoma (actual Indians, as opposed to the fictional "Washitaw Nation"), and claim that the entire state of Louisiana actually belongs to them. They have a penchant for giving themselves fancy, high-sounding titles to try to mask their absolute impotence in the big scary world.

He was a vet of the Iraq war, USMC, and blamed his station in life on an altercation between himself and a superior in San Diego, after which he claims the US government blacklisted him, resulting in his inability to find a real job. He was also a big believer in "gangstalking" and claimed to be a victim of government mind control.

Pretty much all of his problems he blamed on someone else, yet, because he fancied himself an "Alpha Male", he said "Were (sic) waging war against Bitchassness, Beta-Males, Complainers and Blamers, Purposeless and Pussy Whipped Men. And anything else that would keep a Man from walking in his complete and full masculinity. Mission Statement: For the absolute annihilation and reformation away from Bitchassness behavior; And for the complete and total reclamation of Alphahood."

Like I said, his whiny little bitch ass had no concept whatsoever of what an actual Alpha Male is. Nothing, but NOTHING, keeps a real Alpha Male from "walking in his complete and full masculinity". That's kinda what an Alpha Male IS, y'know? Whiny little runts like him seem to think that all it takes to "be a man" is subjugating women, and if they can't get that done, well, it's because The Man is holding them down...

... well, "The Man" finally did put him down, dropped his sorry ass like a pole-axed steer.

The clothes he was wearing (a "ninja suit", black BDU's and a black mask) when he was shot down like a rabid dog can be seen in several ISIS videos of "ISIS commandos" beheading prisoners with their hands tied behind their backs, unable to defend themselves. Brave bunch of characters to pattern yourself after, eh?

What a loser.
Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

For a few, the concept of being a responsible adult has been lost somewhere along the line.

That statement doesn't help at all, of course. They'll just blame the parents and as long as
it's been passed along and labelled, then they're free again to remain irresponsible.

To take responsibility for one's actions, behavior and conduct is beyond the grasp of many
today. Hell, ask BIAD!
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
(07-18-2016, 09:07 PM)BIAD Wrote: For a few, the concept of being a responsible adult has been lost somewhere along the line.

That statement doesn't help at all, of course. They'll just blame the parents and as long as
it's been passed along and labelled, then they're free again to remain irresponsible.

To take responsibility for one's actions, behavior and conduct is beyond the grasp of many
today. Hell, ask BIAD!

What really got me was his list of things that seemed to keep him from "walking in his complete and full masculinity" - a list that included, and was limited to, "bitchassness", "Beta-Males", "Purposeless and Pussy Whipped Men", and "complainers and blamers" - what pray tell, in that entire damned list, would keep a man from being himself, especially considering they are nothing more than externals? He claimed to be an Alpha Male, yet let these things get under his skin so tightly that they could control him and keep him from "walking in his complete and full masculinity"? Seriously?

How is it in any way "Alpha" to allow such petty concerns to control one's self?. An Alpha would look at such things, say "oh, that's cute, isn't it?" and then go on about his day, doing Alpha stuff, whatever it is they do.

Here's a song from an era when Alphas were evidently more prevalent than they are today - I guess the shooter never heard it:

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

@"Mystic Wanderer" , this is the cop I was telling you about that was killed along with his fellow officers, that had just posted to Facebook about how he felt.

Such a shame that his posting became a tragic reality.

[Image: 91799554f52244da98d7e91b4630fa78.png]

Quote:BATON ROUGE, La. –  Just days before he was shot and killed Sunday morning, a Baton Rouge police officer posted an emotional Facebook message saying he was "physically and emotionally" tired and expressing how difficult it was to be both a police officer and a black man, a friend said Sunday.

"I swear to God I love this city but I wonder if this city loves me," Montrell Jackson wrote.

He said while in uniform he gets nasty looks and out of uniform some consider him a threat.

"I've experienced so much in my short life and these last 3 days have tested me to the core," the posting read.

The message was posted July 8, just three days after a black man was shot and killed by police in Baton Rouge.

Source

He also said, "These are trying times. Please don't let hate infect your heart"

Wish some of the young black folks would take heed his words.
Only time will tell.

This cop that was killed reminds us of this black fellow that we see out here on the road, usually run into him about 2 or 3 times a year, and he has this deep bellowing laughter that is extremely infectious, you cannot help but laugh too.
Always in a good mood, a joy to be around.

After reading about this officer in various articles, he sounds very much like our friend, with the same friendly happy personality.
Such a sad tragedy, that should have never happened.

And yes, he will be leaving behind a 4 month old baby.

I just hope killing cops will not be common place.

My thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends, as well as the other slain officer's families.

-----

ETA: The cops/security is what saves us vendors from chaos at these events caused by punks.
So yes, we support LEO 100%

#BlueLivesMatter

a.k.a. 'snarky412'

It's sickening.

BLM have a lot to answer for and regardless of their 'we disassociate ourselves from
this sort' -rhetoric, these Million Marchers at a rally in NYC seem to be advocating what
later happened in Baton Rouge.

It's just not right.
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
IMO, there is free speech.
And then there are death threats.

That is where they cross the line and something needs to be done to stop this violent rhetoric of calling for the taking of cops lives as they do.

It is total bullshit!!!   smallnotamused

Laws need to be passed or something, to protect the men in blue.
ALL the men and women who work in law enforcement that wear a badge.
Sheriffs dept, police, state troopers, security etc etc

That uniform and badge is now like a bulls eye on their backs, no thanks to this hateful talk.
They need to start arresting people who encourage the killings of LEO.

It could/should also be considered a "hate crime" as well IMO.

Yep, urban warfare at it's finest.
Guess the black leaders are cool with that.

Wish Obama had Sheriff Clarke's attitude about them, instead of sympathizing with them as he does.

a.k.a. 'snarky412'

(07-20-2016, 02:53 AM)senona Wrote: IMO, there is free speech.
And then there are death threats.

That is where they cross the line and something needs to be done to stop this violent rhetoric of calling for the taking of cops lives as they do.

It is total bullshit!!!   smallnotamused

Laws need to be passed or something, to protect the men in blue.
ALL the men and women who work in law enforcement that wear a badge.
Sheriffs dept, police, state troopers, security etc etc

That uniform and badge is now like a bulls eye on their backs, no thanks to this hateful talk.
They need to start arresting people who encourage the killings of LEO.

It could/should also be considered a "hate crime" as well IMO.

Yep, urban warfare at it's finest.
Guess the black leaders are cool with that.

Wish Obama had Sheriff Clarke's attitude about them, instead of sympathizing with them as he does.

If anyone had threatened the police when I was growing up, they would have been hauled off to jail immediately, and it wouldn't matter what color their skin was either!   Shows how down hill our country has gone in...  well, eight years or so?   smallnotamused