Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
On Behalf Of Environmentalists
Quote:On Behalf Of Environmentalists, I Apologize For The Climate Scare

This is an interesting article, One brave Environmentalists admitting to being Wrong. Amazing!

Quote:On behalf of environmentalists everywhere, I would like to formally apologize for the climate scare we created over the last 30 years. Climate change is happening. It’s just not the end of the world. It’s not even our most serious environmental problem. 

What did he and others lie about?
Quote:But as an energy expert asked by Congress to provide objective expert testimony, and invited by the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) to serve as Expert Reviewer of its next Assessment Report, I feel an obligation to apologize for how badly we environmentalists have misled the public.

Here are some facts few people know:
Humans are not causing a “sixth mass extinction” 

The Amazon is not “the lungs of the world”

Climate change is not making natural disasters worse

Fires have declined 25% around the world since 2003

The amount of land we use for meat — humankind’s biggest use of land — has declined by an area nearly as large as Alaska

The build-up of wood fuel and more houses near forests, not climate change, explain why there are more, and more dangerous, fires in Australia and California

Carbon emissions are declining in most rich nations and have been declining in Britain, Germany, and France since the mid-1970s 

Netherlands became rich not poor while adapting to life below sea level

We produce 25% more food than we need and food surpluses will continue to rise as the world gets hotter

Habitat loss and the direct killing of wild animals are bigger threats to species than climate change

Wood fuel is far worse for people and wildlife than fossil fuels

Preventing future pandemics requires more not less “industrial” agriculture

I know that the above facts will sound like “climate denialism” to many people. But that just shows the power of climate alarmism. 

So, Are you shocked to see everything many people have been saying to be the Truth?

Why did they lie and still lie?
Quote:But until last year, I mostly avoided speaking out against the climate scare. Partly that’s because I was embarrassed. After all, I am as guilty of alarmism as any other environmentalist. For years, I referred to climate change as an “existential” threat to human civilization, and called it a “crisis.” 

But mostly I was scared. I remained quiet about the climate disinformation campaign because I was afraid of losing friends and funding. The few times I summoned the courage to defend climate science from those who misrepresent it I suffered harsh consequences. And so I mostly stood by and did next to nothing as my fellow environmentalists terrified the public.
BINGO, Funding and Losing Friends. Yes like minded Money Grabbing FAKE Scientist.

Now what changed his mind,,,, what could cause the person to finally Cleanse Their Soul.

Quote:I even stood by as people in the White House and many in the news media tried to destroy the reputation and career of an outstanding scientist, good man, and friend of mine, Roger Pielke, Jr., a lifelong progressive Democrat and environmentalist who testified in favor of carbon regulations.
Why did they do that? Because his research proves natural disasters aren’t getting worse. 

But then, last year, things spiraled out of control. 

But I think these actions by scripted actors finally changed his mind.
Yes, Scripted Actors.
Quote:Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez said “The world is going to end in twelve years if we don’t address climate change.” Britain’s most high-profile environmental group claimed “Climate Change Kills Children.” 

The world’s most influential green journalist, Bill McKibben, called climate change the “greatest challenge humans have ever faced” and said it would “wipe out civilizations.” 

Mainstream journalists reported, repeatedly, that the Amazon was “the lungs of the world,” and that deforestation was like a nuclear bomb going off.

As a result, half of the people surveyed around the world last year said they thought climate change would make humanity extinct.

And in January,
one out of five British children told pollsters they were having nightmares about climate change.
Highlighted is some of the Scripted, Made-Up Bull-Shit, LIES, that have been feed to the Sheeple.
The Globalist/Elites want the Carbon Credits, they see that tax as more money in their bank accounts.
The United Nations and the European Union are the NWO and they want Total Control!

Read the rest of the article Source
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
I think this one should go to Twitter.  minusculeclap

Permission @"guohua" ?

Maybe this will wake up some who still believe the climate crisis BS.
Quote:In 2004, Nordhaus and Shellenberger, both long-time strategists for environmental groups, co-authored a controversial essay, "The Death of Environmentalism: Global Warming Politics in a Post-Environmental World." The paper argues that environmentalism is conceptually and institutionally incapable of dealing with climate change and should "die" so that a new politics can be born. The essay was debated.

Mr. Shellenberger has been singing this tune for some time now. It would seem if you look at his his history that what he actually seeks is the limelight. Kind of a "Where's Waldo" for the zeitgeiest approach. He has thrown a ton of poo against the wall in hopes it sticks. His altruistic leanings in either direction seem suspect to me? A 2020 "look at me" approach seems to be in play.
(06-30-2020, 07:54 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: I think this one should go to Twitter.  minusculeclap

Permission @"guohua" ?

Maybe this will wake up some who still believe the climate crisis BS.

Yes, people need to know.
(06-30-2020, 07:55 PM)Antisthenes Wrote:
Quote:In 2004, Nordhaus and Shellenberger, both long-time strategists for environmental groups, co-authored a controversial essay, "The Death of Environmentalism: Global Warming Politics in a Post-Environmental World." The paper argues that environmentalism is conceptually and institutionally incapable of dealing with climate change and should "die" so that a new politics can be born. The essay was debated.  

Mr. Shellenberger has been singing this tune for some time now. It would seem if you look at his his history that what he actually seeks is the limelight. Kind of a "Where's Waldo" for the zeitgeiest approach. He has thrown a ton of poo against the wall in hopes it sticks. His altruistic leanings in either direction seem suspect to me? A 2020 "look at me" approach seems to be in play.

Hmmmmmmm, You are probably correct, it is still all about his 15 minutes of fame and who's paying him (funding). minusculethinking

I wonder who pays more?
The Anti-Climate Change / Environmentalist Backers or the Climate-Change / Environmentalist / Sky is Falling, We're all going to Die in 12 Years Nutcase.
I think G. Soros has Deeper Pockets.
JMHO
(06-30-2020, 08:04 PM)guohua Wrote:

Hmmmmmmm, You are probably correct, it is still all about his 15 minutes of fame and who's paying him (funding). minusculethinking

I wonder who pays more?
The Anti-Climate Change / Environmentalist Backers or the Climate-Change / Environmentalist / Sky is Falling, We're all going to Die in 12 Years Nutcase.
JMHO

In the final analysis, Mr. Shellenberger lives in the toney downtown San Fransisco zip code. One must have some substantial coin to keep up that kind of lifestyle. Jus' Sayin'. Mr. S's new book may be just what the landlord ordered. tinywondering
internet Agent Provocateur
(06-30-2020, 08:15 PM)Antisthenes Wrote:

I wonder who pays more?
JMHO

In the final analysis, Mr. Shellenberger lives in the toney downtown San Fransisco zip code. One must have some substantial coin to keep up that kind of lifestyle. Jus' Sayin'.  Mr. S's new book may be just what the landlord ordered.  tinywondering

Yes, Looks like he is still flessing the Sheeple of their Hard Earned Cash.
Typical Progressive.
(06-30-2020, 08:17 PM)guohua Wrote:
(06-30-2020, 08:15 PM)Antisthenes Wrote:

I wonder who pays more?
JMHO

In the final analysis, Mr. Shellenberger lives in the toney downtown San Fransisco zip code. One must have some substantial coin to keep up that kind of lifestyle. Jus' Sayin'.  Mr. S's new book may be just what the landlord ordered.  tinywondering

Yes, Looks like he is still flessing the Sheeple of their Hard Earned Cash.
Typical Progressive.

Typical wealthy human....lol
internet Agent Provocateur
I'm no environmental expert, but my thoughts are:

The earth probably has cycles we can't possibly know about.  Sure, geology can tell us some things, but not everything.  Recorded history dates back a few thousand years?  A blink of the eye in earth's history.  How long have we been monitoring temperatures?  Not long enough to make such bold predictions.  

Just my $.02
[Image: Green%20Banner.jpg]
It's never been about environmentalism or the environment.

It's always been about control, power, and money.
"I be ridin' they be hatin'."
-Abraham Lincoln
(06-30-2020, 09:00 PM)beez Wrote: It's never been about environmentalism or the environment.

It's always been about control, power, and money.

What the bunny said !!
~ Today is the youngest you'll ever be again ~
Crisis or not you do not destroy the only planet that you have to live on. What you put into the environment goes right back into your body. You don't dump toxins in your water and make it undrinkable. You don't clear-cut the very thing that produces oxygen. You need trees and plants to breathe. The more the better! Also, you don't put toxins into the air.  You don't build walls that block the migration patterns that are needed to prevent overgrazing and for mating. Many of these animal species are endangered. Unlike humans, they actually serve a purpose. They're there to keep other animal species in check so there's no overpopulation and to spread seeds and pollen so plant life and all life can continue. Humans are like the bad neighbor who shits all over the neighborhood and assaults everyone in sight.

[Image: Water.jpg]

[Image: Cree.jpg]
(06-30-2020, 11:53 PM)Captain Chaos Wrote: Crisis or not you do not destroy the only planet that you have to live on. What you put into the environment goes right back into your body. You don't dump toxin in your water and make it undrinkable. You don't clear-cut the very thing that produces oxygen. You need trees and plants to breathe. The more the better! Also, you don't put toxins into the air.  You don't build walls that block the migration patterns that are needed to prevent overgrazing and for mating. Many of these animal species are endangered. Unlike humans, they actually serve a purpose. They're there to keep other animal species in check so there's no overpopulation and to spread seeds and pollen so plant life and all life can continue. Humans are like the bad neighbor who shits all over the neighborhood and assaults everyone in sight.

[Image: Water.jpg]

[Image: Cree.jpg]

I don't really disagree with what you stated.

I just don't see how raising taxes, changing to communism (Green New Deal), reducing freedoms and liberties will change that.

I don't know of a single person who WANTS to harm the environment.

Many people I know are hunters who are bigger "environmentalists" than those sipping soy latte's and virtue signaling.  (Not accusing you of that)

They, the hunters, need a clean environment so that the deer and elk can flourish and keep sustaining those of us who enjoy eating them.
"I be ridin' they be hatin'."
-Abraham Lincoln