Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Fortress EUrope
https://www.westernjournal.com/eu-nears-...americans/

This stinks of politics to me.  If the EU goal is to shelter against more outbreaks of, well, -any- disease, this program won't work.

Guess I won't travel to the USA until this gets sorted.  Not that I travel so often, but I worry about family events back home for which I would want to be present.

Cheers
[Image: 14sigsepia.jpg]

Quote:As the European Union finalized plans last week for its reopening following months of coronavirus-related lockdowns, the United States found itself left off the bloc’s shortlist of nations from which travelers will be welcome to visit.

Our Canada / U.S borders were supposed to reopen as July 21st but rumor has it that it will be delayed.

Non essential travel between our two countries are still banned BUT they're now permitting family members to cross for family reunions.

The tourism here in Montreal is hit hard, as many Americans love coming here in the summer. Many Europeans do as well.

You would think that as our numbers are winding down, they'd ease certain restrictions but nope. Not happening.

They've even made masks mandatory for public transports as of today.

People are starting to be fed up of living in a world that feels like a prison, with lockdowns, rules and regulations, restraints, and the fact that you can't negotiate about it.

If these measures extend to this fall, things will get messy. 100% guarantee.

We're all in a Fortress. It just carries different names.
~ Today is the youngest you'll ever be again ~
Quote:We're all in a Fortress. It just carries different names.

That would make a great signature line.

I went to Montreal once.  It was a nice visit, felt like being on the streets of Europe.

Cheers

[Image: AtlanticWallBox.jpg]

Yeah, I'm a wiseacre.

Cheers

(06-30-2020, 11:56 AM)Sol Wrote:
Quote:As the European Union finalized plans last week for its reopening following months of coronavirus-related lockdowns, the United States found itself left off the bloc’s shortlist of nations from which travelers will be welcome to visit.

Our Canada / U.S borders were supposed to reopen as July 21st but rumor has it that it will be delayed.

Non essential travel between our two countries are still banned BUT they're now permitting family members to cross for family reunions.

The tourism here in Montreal is hit hard, as many Americans love coming here in the summer. Many Europeans do as well.

You would think that as our numbers are winding down, they'd ease certain restrictions but nope. Not happening.

They've even made masks mandatory for public transports as of today.

People are starting to be fed up of living in a world that feels like a prison, with lockdowns, rules and regulations, restraints, and the fact that you can't negotiate about it.

If these measures extend to this fall, things will get messy. 100% guarantee.

We're all in a Fortress. It just carries different names.

It was just last year that my wife and I were planning a train trip to BC this summer.

*alas*
"I be ridin' they be hatin'."
-Abraham Lincoln
(06-30-2020, 12:00 PM)F2d5thCav Wrote:
Quote:We're all in a Fortress. It just carries different names.

That would make a great signature line.

I went to Montreal once.  It was a nice visit, felt like being on the streets of Europe.

Cheers

That would have been the Old Montreal. Plenty of merchants, restaurants and bars. All to an almost stand still at the moment.

:(
~ Today is the youngest you'll ever be again ~