Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Outlandish Games / Ahabstar vs DuckforcoveR - LIE & WINNER REVEALED
I choose #2 as the lie. You never actually admitted to the conversation with Mr. Douglas, only glanced around the scene (like, he may have been there but nothing about a conversation).
(06-28-2020, 01:05 AM)DuckforcoveR Wrote: I choose #2 as the lie. You never actually admitted to the conversation with Mr. Douglas, only glanced around the scene (like, he may have been there but nothing about a conversation).
But that was too obvious...(I was John J. Astor IV and survived the Titanic sinking).
And @"DuckforcoveR" goes for Claim #2 !

Good point there, amigo, but I was never asked about the chat we had. I was only asked what year it happened :)

I will reveal the lie soon but first, I'd like to see if some members have found it.

tinybiggrin
~ Today is the youngest you'll ever be again ~
Hey everyone,

Do you think that @"Ahabstar" found the lie with claim # 3 ?

Quote:3 - I was a semi professional illusionist (like David Copperfield) for seven straight years and have appeared on TV.

OR

Do you think @"DuckforcoveR" found the lie with claim # 2 ?

Quote:2 - I had a chat with Actor Michael Douglas in Mont-Tremblant, Quebec, Canada.

OR

Are they both wrong and the lie is claim # 1 ?

Quote:1 - I had emergency surgery, died on the table, was brought back, put in an induced coma for three weeks in ICU and survived. Doctors didn't think I'd make it.

I will reveal the lie tomorrow.

Which one was it?

tinycool
(06-28-2020, 02:49 AM)Sol Wrote: Hey everyone,

Do you think that @"Ahabstar"  found the lie with claim # 3 ?

Quote:3 - I was a semi professional illusionist (like David Copperfield) for seven straight years and have appeared on TV.

OR

Do you think @"DuckforcoveR"  found the lie with claim # 2 ?

Quote:2 - I had a chat with Actor Michael Douglas in Mont-Tremblant, Quebec, Canada.

OR

Are they both wrong and the lie is claim # 1 ?

Quote:1 - I had emergency surgery, died on the table, was brought back, put in an induced coma for three weeks in ICU and survived. Doctors didn't think I'd make it.

I will reveal the lie tomorrow.

Which one was it?

tinycool

Redneck says #1. If I'm right, I will explain why. If I'm wrong, I'll claim I never said anything. tinycool

Fun game.

TheRedneck
(06-28-2020, 03:10 AM)TheRedneck Wrote: Redneck says #1. If I'm right, I will explain why. If I'm wrong, I'll claim I never said anything. tinycool

Fun game.

TheRedneck

At the present time, I will neither confirm nor deny that you may be right...

mediumitwasntme
I think the lie is number 3. 

I don't remember hearing you ever mention this. But my memory seems to be getting worse with each passing year, so maybe you did?

(Goes back and forth between #2 and #3, weighing the possibilities.)   minusculethinking

Yeah, I'm sticking with #3 being the lie.
After explaining to BIAD that there wasn't a number four, we agree with Mystic and plum for No.3.
tinybiggrin
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
This was one of the most intriguing contributions I've seen in Years.

Pushed to guess: #2

Post restored by Sol.
'Cause if they catch you in the back seat trying to pick her locks
They're gonna send you back to Mother in a cardboard box
You better run!
(06-28-2020, 01:05 AM)DuckforcoveR Wrote: I choose #2 as the lie. You never actually admitted to the conversation with Mr. Douglas, only glanced around the scene (like, he may have been there but nothing about a conversation).

I think you've caught him out.

Post restored by Sol.
You better run!

I think you caught him.   minusculeclap
You better run!
THANK YOU BOTH

AHABSTAR AND DUCKFORCOVER

FOR A FUN TIME !!!!

THE REVEAL

TRUTH # 1

I was 21 years old at the time and it still seems like yesterday. It feels like I've been given 37 years of bonus...as I'll turn 58 in July.

I have a scar that starts from the side of my right ribs to the middle of my back that is a reminder to never forget about second chances.

TRUTH # 2

[Image: SFcZ61t.jpg]

Circa 1987. That montage was for close up magic promos and done by a photographer.

@"Bally002"   I never had an incident happen but I always had a plan B in case it did. Remember, the audience has no clue as to what will happen so a mistake can easily be fixed, without the audience even knowing you've just made one.

@"Ahabstar"  True, that illusion has been overused with time but it still had a lot of "whoaaaaa's" in my time :)

THE LIE

Quote:My better half and I were sitting down at a table near the bar at a place called Le Shack, (it's a restaurant - bar) in Mont-Tremblant, Quebec, waiting for our munchies and drinks as he walked in the side door and walked along the wall towards the bar, not to be seen by too many people I would believe.

I remember telling Louise "hmmm...this guy looks damn familiar" or something along those lines.

The thing about Le Shack is that there is this huge tree where they built the bar against. He came and sat right beside the tree - again, perfect spot not to be seen too much - , but that put him in arms length of where we were sitting.

All of this is absolutely true   (and @"DuckforcoveR")   called it...but......I NEVER had a chat with him.

THE WINNER OF THIS GAME

IS

DUCKFORCOVER

@"DuckforcoveR"  becomes the new Narrator for the next game, I've reopened the main thread to bring in new players, as DFC will try and grab a sweep...

@"Ahabstar"  must pass one turn before returning for a second try..

See you all on the other thread and thanks to everyone for having been around to comment and try and guess which claim was the lie.

See you again soon.

Sol.   minusculebeercheers
WOOHOOO!!!!!!!!
Dang it! I started to go with #2 because you didn't give as much detail with it as the others. But, I had never heard you mention being an illusionist before, so I went with that one.

What's that they say? Always go with your first instinct?   minusculebonker
(06-28-2020, 06:14 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: Dang it! I started to go with #2 because you didn't give as much detail with it as the others. But, I had never heard you mention being an illusionist before, so I went with that one.

The only thing about 2 that got me was that he didn’t mention Catherine Zeta Jones being there since they were married. But I could see him sneaking out for takeout. And I knew that they had been skiing there 5 or 6 years ago. 

So I marked it as possible. No one would tempt karma by making up number one so that left number 3.
Gee, I'm glad I didn't make a guess or anything... I would have looked like a fool! tinycool 

Now I can't wait for the next round. tinybiggrin 

TheRedneck
(06-28-2020, 07:59 PM)TheRedneck Wrote: Gee, I'm glad I didn't make a guess or anything... I would have looked like a fool! tinycool 

TheRedneck

I voted right enough times for both of us, Big Brother.
You better run!
(06-28-2020, 07:17 PM)Ahabstar Wrote:
(06-28-2020, 06:14 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: Dang it! I started to go with #2 because you didn't give as much detail with it as the others. But, I had never heard you mention being an illusionist before, so I went with that one.

The only thing about 2 that got me was that he didn’t mention Catherine Zeta Jones being there since they were married. But I could see him sneaking out for takeout. And I knew that they had been skiing there 5 or 6 years ago. 

So I marked it as possible. No one would tempt karma by making up number one so that left number 3.

At that time, he and Catherine were having a little quarrel I believe, according to the papers anyway.

To be honest, he looked pretty disheveled. No cheap clothes though and his watch wasn't a Mickey Mouse watch like I have either. I remember telling Louise " Personally, I would have preferred Catherine Zeta Jones..." and she went all red with a "OMG...he's right next to you..." kinda look.. He didn't hear it.

He was on the phone, arguing with someone about never doing or talking business when he drank.

He had four drinks (I think they were Whiskey (yes, that's Whiskey with an e, Gordi) paid his tab and left.

The place was packed, he lounged the wall to come in, sat there, beside us and the tree at the bar and barely anyone noticed. One or two people did sneek at the very end at the bar to take a pic with their cells though.

I did ask his waitress when he left if he gave her a good tip or if he's a cheap ass and she said that he was a regular (he owns a property in Mont Tremblant) and that he always was extremely generous.

True story... )
minusculeclap minusculeclap smallgreenklatsch smallgreenklatsch  I enjoyed that!
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
(06-28-2020, 08:01 PM)Snarl Wrote:
(06-28-2020, 07:59 PM)TheRedneck Wrote: Gee, I'm glad I didn't make a guess or anything... I would have looked like a fool! tinycool 

TheRedneck

I voted right enough times for both of us, Big Brother.

Indeed you did. DFC called it and you seconded him..twice!! (or it could have a been a glitch with the new Mod status...dunno...)

I was hoping for a sweep but hey...it was fun !!