Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Is anyone worried President Trump will get COVID-19?
Okay, here I go, my first thread, and it would be in the Political Forum! I am a real glutton for punishment.

Anyway, I am one of those liberals your mother warned you about. I’m not a fan of President Trump. I do try hard to find the good in some things he does. Like the tax cut was nice. So I don’t hate him, and yeah, despite my dislike for him, he is my President. We must play the hand we’re dealt. Anyway, I watched a little of both of President Trump’s rallies. Based on the estimates of the crowd size, together would be a little over 20,000 people between the two venues. 

Most were not wearing masks (no I don’t want to get into a debate regarding masks, that’s been beaten to death), or social distancing. Of course I worry about everyone at those venues. They put themselves at risk for getting COVID-19. But it’s a free country, no biggie there. We all have freedom of choice. Good thing there. I worry President Trump will get sick, after being around so many people. I do not want anything bad to happen to him. He is older after all, and not in the best of health. Being an admitted liberal, please do not paint me with the same broad brush and think I would ever want something bad to happen to him, or anyone for that matter. In fact, it may surprise you to hear I pray for him occasionally. 

I’m wondering how those of you here in Rogue Nation feel about all this. Are you worried too? Do you think he’s taking too much of a risk? I realize he’s campaigning, but I think he should refrain from anymore rallies for awhile. What do you all think? I’d love to hear your opinions. Thanks.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=8180]
(06-28-2020, 03:51 AM)ChiefD Wrote: Okay, here I go, my first thread, and it would be in the Political Forum! I am a real glutton for punishment.

Anyway, I am one of those liberals your mother warned you about. I’m not a fan of President Trump. I do try hard to find the good in some things he does. Like the tax cut was nice. So I don’t hate him, and yeah, despite my dislike for him, he is my President. We must play the hand we’re dealt. Anyway, I watched a little of both of President Trump’s rallies. Based on the estimates of the crowd size, together would be a little over 20,000 people between the two venues. 

Most were not wearing masks (no I don’t want to get into a debate regarding masks, that’s been beaten to death), or social distancing. Of course I worry about everyone at those venues. They put themselves at risk for getting COVID-19. But it’s a free country, no biggie there. We all have freedom of choice. Good thing there. I worry President Trump will get sick, after being around so many people. I do not want anything bad to happen to him. He is older after all, and not in the best of health. Being an admitted liberal, please do not paint me with the same broad brush and think I would ever want something bad to happen to him, or anyone for that matter. In fact, it may surprise you to hear I pray for him occasionally. 

I’m wondering how those of you here in Rogue Nation feel about all this. Are you worried too? Do you think he’s taking too much of a risk? I realize he’s campaigning, but I think he should refrain from anymore rallies for awhile. What do you all think? I’d love to hear your opinions. Thanks.

Why is he not in the best of health?

A link to that please?

As for the virus, according to the CDC and the left, the right to assemble for a cause is more important then the virus.

Will he be exposed and get the virus?

We all eventually will.

Will he live through it?

The probability is high... especially because he is taking measures to proactively combat the effects of said infection.

Am I worried about him dying?

Technically yes... the idea of a Pence Presidency is rather appalling to me.

But the probability is really pretty low.

And you are not the Liberal my mother warned me about.

My mother was an actual Liberal from the 1960's.

You know... social safety nets OK, get the Government out of my life otherwise, balance the budget, no wars without due cause, peace and pot for everyone.

tinycool
[Image: attachment.php?aid=8135]

@"ChiefD" 

No, I am not worried at all.
I run my own Clinic, yes it is a Acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Herbal Medicine Clinic.
I have My Doctorate in Acupuncture and a PHD in Acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine. 
I teach a Class on Acupuncture at PIMA College and I teach an online class for PIMA College.

Not worried about this COVID-19 Flu.
Sorry, it is a Very Bad Flu. 

Now if you're Grossly Overweight or have other problems, Asthmatic, any form of Upper respiratory breathing problems, Poor Immune System and you set in your home watching the Boob-Tube and you are over 75 years old.
You are asking for trouble.
But it is completely curable.

Walk, get sunshine, have a hobby.  

Worried about My President Donald Trump getting infected, No.
He has an active and healthy lifestyle.

To me, COVID-19 is just a very Bad Flu. People get the Flu every year and they die by the thousands and Millions in 3rd world countries.
I worry more about Ebola and other Deadly diseases, COVID-19 as a 78% or higher Survival Rate, Ebola as a 2% Survival Rate.

The W H O or even The C D C, Corrupt.
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
Covid19 is alreadybeing used to attack President Trump as intended. Not by making him sick but by scaring older conservative generations into staying indoors and pushing mail-in ballots so that the election can be stolen by the far left. That's my belief anyways..
Nah, I ain't scared. All of life is a gamble. IF Antifa can burn shit down, I see no reason to curtail legitimate intercourse.
Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

No, I don't worry about President Trump. He knows more about medicinal cures than the rest of us may ever know. His Uncle knew Tesla. And Tesla knew A LOT!

Wasn't he the one who told us, the public, about HCQ killing the virus?  And didn't he mention the ultra violet light?

Seems I remember him mentioning that, and the media went nuts at the thought. Then the CDC went nuts.

Then, we found out it was true, and it works.  tinylaughing

Imagine that! 

POTUS is taking the HCQ as a preventative measure. I think he knows what he's doing.
He gets around better at age 74 than most people do at age 24. He works continuously on as little as 4 hours sleep per night; sometimes less.
I'd say he's in pretty good shape.  tinybiggrin
(06-28-2020, 03:51 AM)ChiefD Wrote: I’m wondering how those of you here in Rogue Nation feel about all this. Are you worried too? Do you think he’s taking too much of a risk? I realize he’s campaigning, but I think he should refrain from anymore rallies for awhile. What do you all think? I’d love to hear your opinions. Thanks.

First let me say that you described perfectly, how I feel about Trump. 

Now, the first thing that came to mind was that little exposure video with the guy talking about everyone supposedly already having received a vaccine, so maybe he really does believe he is protected. I have little faith in flu vaccines, especially not a COVID vaccine, but that is for another thread at another time.

I don't know if that is true or not but the numbers they are reporting are deliberately confusing and they are misrepresenting the facts.

They have not had a massive increase in COVID "cases". They have an large increase in the number of "results" that have been reported as positive. 

Huge difference. They are conflating the two to heighten our fear response. So I think Trump and the rest of the world will do just fine.

If I am wrong you can have barbeque party and roast me.
(06-28-2020, 04:11 AM)Lumenari Wrote:
(06-28-2020, 03:51 AM)ChiefD Wrote: Okay, here I go, my first thread, and it would be in the Political Forum! I am a real glutton for punishment.

A link to that please?

As for the virus, according to the CDC and the left, the right to assemble for a cause is more important then the virus.

We all eventually will.

Will he live through it?

The probability is high... especially because he is taking measures to proactively combat the effects of said infection.

You know... social safety nets OK, get the Government out of my life otherwise, balance the budget, no wars without due cause, peace and pot for everyone.

tinycool

@"guohua" Stahhhhhhppp! You're making me miss Dr. Oh- he was my doctor for 34 years and I literally cried when he retired! I haven't been able to find a good Chinese doctor that favors acupuncture and herbalism over pharmaceuticals since I moved to Kentucky and have to gently bully my American doctor on occasion because I refuse to be on any more drugs!

Not scared of Trump getting sick. The Teflon Don as POTUS has the best medical care available.
"As an American it's your responsibility to have your own strategic duck stockpile. You can't expect the government to do it for you." - the dork I call one of my mom's other kids
[Image: Tiny-Ducks.jpg]
Without getting into the politics or position (trying really hard to keep my BP steady, I'm at a personal low right now with a weekly average of 149/90!):

I don't worry about Trump catching Covid any more than him catching Strep, Influenza, etc. I think the president should be healthy and alert at all times. I haven't been down with the Rona yet, but having strep for like 4 years in a row I can personally say I felt "deathbed" ish each time. That sucks and I dont wish that on anyone. 

From a health perspective it's hard to say. When health reports sound like they were written by him ("greatest health in the history of check ups") who knows. But I do know he (as with others before him) has a top medical team at all times. I worry about his SS protection after seeing a dozen or so go down after the last rally, but again, indications are that they will recover just fine. 

But just looking at the facts, his age group puts him at a higher risk for developing complications. But the same holds true with strep, flu, etc. So to answer simply, no, I dont worry about him getting Covid in particular.
I think his age group and reports of people around him getting it are the biggest concern, he is in a great position to receive the best care if he does catch it though. I have been terrified of my dad catching anything, he's been wrapped in cotton wool for months, which pisses him off, I'm sure it is overblown, I don't know, but he is 71, I am not taking any risks, i'd never forgive myself!
Thanks for all the replies! Yeah, this helps me put things in perspective. As others of you said, he has the best medical team. I know he gets tested regularly. He is a pretty tough guy. 

The person I actually worry the most about is my husband. He had a stroke in February (his second one), and is now permanently in a nursing home. He is 68 years old and has heart disease, type II diabetes, and is on oxygen 24/7. So if he gets COVID-19, he’s pretty much toast. The nursing home is terrific though. They test all residents and staff weekly to keep on top of things. 

Compared to my husband, President Trump is pretty healthy.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=8180]
(06-28-2020, 02:12 PM)GeauxHomeLittleD Wrote:
(06-28-2020, 04:11 AM)Lumenari Wrote:

A link to that please?

We all eventually will.

Will he live through it?

tinycool

@"guohua" Stahhhhhhppp! You're making me miss Dr. Oh- he was my doctor for 34 years and I literally cried when he retired! I haven't been able to find a good Chinese doctor that favors acupuncture and herbalism over pharmaceuticals since I moved to Kentucky and have to gently bully my American doctor on occasion because I refuse to be on any more drugs!

Not scared of Trump getting sick. The Teflon Don as POTUS has the best medical care available.

There really are not many of us and now that (most) Western Medical Insurance will pay for Acupuncture, you think there would be more available. 
It is easier to get a patient addicted to taking a pill and just coming in every month to do a blood test and urine sample, 15 minutes and you are out the door with a prescription for Walgreens or CVS.
With me, a new patient will be in my office for at least an hour to 1 1/2 hrs for full exam, follow up exams are normally  1/2 hour to 45 minutes.
that includes the 25 to 30 minute acupuncture treatment and if Herbal medicine is required, my patient can pick up any time or if I considered the Herbal Medicine a Emergency and Need Now, I will make at home that evening and meet my patient somewhere convent and deliver that day.

I also grow my own Berries, Pakistani Red Mulberries and I make them into Herbal drinks and Wine that I sell.
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
(06-28-2020, 04:14 AM)guohua Wrote: @"ChiefD" 

I run my own Clinic, yes it is a Acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Herbal Medicine Clinic.
I have My Doctorate in Acupuncture and a PHD in Acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine. 
I teach a Class on Acupuncture at PIMA College and I teach an online class for PIMA College.

Now if you're Grossly Overweight or have other problems, Asthmatic, any form of Upper respiratory breathing problems, Poor Immune System and you set in your home watching the Boob-Tube and you are over 75 years old.

To me, COVID-19 is just a very Bad Flu. People get the Flu every year and they die by the thousands and Millions in 3rd world countries.
I worry more about Ebola and other Deadly diseases, COVID-19 as a 78% or higher Survival Rate, Ebola as a 2% Survival Rate.

To attack Trump?  Many young people with no underlying health problems have died from Covid. We are doing a fundraiser for a 19 yr old in my community that needs a double lung transplant due to covid. I think listening to news blurbs is ruining people knowing the actual facts of Covid.
(06-29-2020, 02:33 AM)reldra Wrote:

To attack Trump?  Many young people with no underlying health problems have died from Covid. We are doing a fundraiser for a 19 yr old in my community that needs a double lung transplant due to covid. I think listening to news blurbs is ruining people knowing the actual facts of Covid.

With the squirrely death reporting "guidelines" from the CDC, we are seeing mass incompetence and mass fraud in reporting deaths connected to C19.

With that already proven a few months back, how can anybody be confident about the reporting by the Governments and by the jilty MSM ?

tinybigeyes

Lots of "wiggle" room for fraud reporting to get numbers aligned with Democrat agendas
Quote:CDC "Guidelines"

It is important to emphasize that Coronavirus Disease 2019 or COVID-19 should be reported on the death certificate
for all decedents where the disease caused or is assumed to have caused or contributed to death.

[Image: cig1.gif]
[Image: SIG-Aug-20-2022.png]
Big problems with a) lack of data, and b) no common standard for reporting or data collation from one country to the next.

We have a dimly visible picture of the problem; my take is that it may be a decade before the data is really firm.  In between then and now, there will be a lot of decisions made on the basis of shaky data.

Cheers
[Image: 14sigsepia.jpg]

Maybe the only way for sure is to ask Bill Gates..? Surely he'll know.
tinybiggrin
(From 2017)

Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
(06-29-2020, 12:38 PM)xuenchen Wrote: With the squirrely death reporting "guidelines" from the CDC, we are seeing mass incompetence and mass fraud in reporting deaths connected to C19.

With that already proven a few months back, how can anybody be confident about the reporting by the Governments and by the jilty MSM ?

tinybigeyes

Lots of "wiggle" room for fraud reporting to get numbers aligned with Democrat agendas
Quote:CDC "Guidelines"

It is important to emphasize that Coronavirus Disease 2019 or COVID-19 should be reported on the death certificate
for all decedents where the disease caused or is assumed to have caused or contributed to death.

[Image: cig1.gif]

The only course I ever failed in my life was Statistics. A college professor got pissed at me when he didn't like the way I completed an assignment in the use of statistical data. When I used the same presented data to support the claims for two opposing sides and concluded that statistics were just numbers, and can be manipulated and used to support any argument. He didn't like me for that. So he gave me a "D".

There are so many factors that are used, and often, even more contributing factors that are ignored, that what is passed off as evidenced based fact, is about as reliable as a condom.

Not at all. Trump gets tested all the time and I'm sure there is medicine available for him that isn't available for us. There were around 8,000 people crammed like sardines into the bleachers at the football field where my son's class graduated at the beginning of June and I could count on one hand the number of people wearing masks. We've had around 10 new cases in this Parish and all Seniors have graduated. 300 in my son's class, 450 in the high school up north, and another 300 in the high school in the center of the Parish. Thousands among each other without protection or social distancing and all long enough ago that the symptoms would have shown by now.
The Goonies R good enough
(06-29-2020, 02:33 AM)reldra Wrote: To attack Trump?  Many young people with no underlying health problems have died from Covid. We are doing a fundraiser for a 19 yr old in my community that needs a double lung transplant due to covid. I think listening to news blurbs is ruining people knowing the actual facts of Covid.

Too many people, with the exception of Geoyge Flord, are dying of other causes but are being reported to die of coronavirus if there's a trace of it in their system.
The Goonies R good enough
(06-29-2020, 02:33 AM)reldra Wrote:

How many? You give one anecdotal story and nothing else. And before you say look it up, I have, and depending on who you listen to the numbers are all over the damn place. 
Was this young person a smoker?A vaper? Super fat? Malnourished as in not eating enough good food to get the proper mix of macro nutrients, vitamins and minerals?? 

You see without all the information your story means next to nothing. I can see by your avatar you are a full blown believer which is your right,  but I ask you this. Without the news telling you what is happening would you even know that we are having a SUPER HUGE EXTRA DEADLY PANDEMIC!! Seriously, look around you and ask yourself does it seem like we are on the verge of losing a significant portion of our citizenship, or are you just one of those people that thinks that somehow we can prevent death from happening? 

I only believe half of what I see on the news normally, and none of it during an election year. I don't believe Covid is anything but a political plaything at this point. And even before this it was a very, very disappointing plague.