Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Minneapolis City Council Unanimously Approves Motion To Abolish Police Force
Quote:On par with the rest of 2020 so far.

"Department of Community Safety and Violence Prevention.”

It will soon be renamed as the,

"All-Progressive Extraordinary Commission for Combating Counter-Revolution and Sabotage"

The recent echoes of the 1920s are disturbing.

Cheers
[Image: 14sigsepia.jpg]

(06-27-2020, 06:47 AM)MisterSpock Wrote: This city council is cancer.

https://www.fox9.com/news/minneapolis-co...er-threats

Yes..."white supremes....". 

That must be it.

I've lived in MN my whole life, I've NEVER met anyone that is overtly racist. The few people I have met, that say some "questionable" things in private, those "thoughts" seem to disappear as I see them in their everyday life treating everyone the same. By same I mean extremely helpful and polite. 

It's all victim points and pandering with these people. Usually I wouldn't care, but they are literally chasing that "clout" by putting peoples lives on the line.

That's pretty rich!

They vote to disband the police so the citizens go without protection, and at the same time hire private mercenaries to secure themselves.

I swear, you just can't make this shit up!

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

I was out tonight with a few friends that are ex military, one has done a lot of private sector work. 

I said now is the time, if any, to go back into the private security business, or better yet start his own company. 

It's going to be to the point were even cities with non defunded/disbanded police will tell commercial companies to get private security if they want more presence(one of our local city chiefs already said it, on tv, as a response to business complaints of lack of police presence). 

We are at OCP lite stage....
(06-27-2020, 07:30 AM)MisterSpock Wrote: I was out tonight with a few friends that are ex military, one has done a lot of private sector work. 

I said now is the time, if any, to go back into the private security business, or better yet start his own company. 

I considered that for one brief moment.  But, concluded: anyone who reaches out for those tax-payer dollars deserves to pull back a stump.
'Cause if they catch you in the back seat trying to pick her locks
They're gonna send you back to Mother in a cardboard box
You better run!
For the life of me I can’t see any downside
Seriously, no police, let the party begin

Sorry a bit confused, who is going to staff this non violent, non police force, ex police, hippies, bikie gangs.

Interestingly enough and I play devils advocate
Woodstock had hippies as security, they came from “the Hog Farm”, Woodstock was famous for being peaceful, the Hog Farm hippies for their kindness and love

Alternatively, the Stones hired Hell’s Angels at Altamont free festival and not surprisingly there were a few deaths and lots of agro 

I think I would be pulling my family out of that city if I heard they were pulling the police out, mayhem and chaos.
A big power vacuum
(06-27-2020, 12:11 PM)Raggedyman Wrote: Sorry a bit confused, who is going to staff this non violent, non police force, ex police, hippies, bikie gangs.

I think you could very likely close the book after finding the answer to that question. 

As usual, just follow the money.

For every one person that read this post. About 7.99 billion have not. 

Yet I still post.  tinyinlove
  • minusculebeercheers 

When some where is invaded its among the first things is to take control of the authority's then take control of the police or replace the police with your own
(06-27-2020, 01:51 PM)Wallfire Wrote: When some where is invaded its among the first things is to take control of the authority's then take control of the police or replace the police with your own

Loosley related, but it brings to mind the history and the lessons of the Miccosukee/Seminoles of the Everglades. They cost the government millions, that would probably translate to trillions in today's market, fighting for years to protect their lands, from a government invasion. 

Of course if that happened today, all they have to do is fly over and spritz them with COVID or something worse. It would save them on blankets.

• minusculebeercheers 

(06-27-2020, 06:50 AM)Ninurta Wrote:
(06-27-2020, 02:06 AM)Ahabstar Wrote: PPPPPP

Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance

These guys use the same ammo and magazine. 

[Image: 06-CC47-F3-A7-DA-4-F0-F-905-C-1-B348-A9-D5753.png]

[Image: 8-F546129-AA36-4496-A65-E-6-B7-BC6841-A78.png]

That's not very PC.

You need more diversity in your weapons collection.

I'll send the Diversity Manager round to counsel you in proper weapons diversity.

It’s okay. They are Italian...
(06-27-2020, 01:51 PM)Wallfire Wrote: When some where is invaded its among the first things is to take control of the authority's then take control of the police or replace the police with your own

The current trend seems not so much outright invasion but the gaining of control of a country's media and finances.  It is colonization by another name and certain EU countries practice it assiduously.

Oddly enough, no mainstream media in the West are curious enough to investigate such practices. tinyok

Cheers
[Image: 14sigsepia.jpg]

(06-27-2020, 12:40 AM)xuenchen Wrote: The entire City Council of Minneapolis MN has voted to abolish their police force !!!! 

[Image: giphy.gif]
They might consider getting rid of the crime element first before abolishing "Peace Officers".
(06-27-2020, 06:34 PM)veteranhumanbeing Wrote: They might consider getting rid of the crime element first before abolishing "Peace Officers".

Tut-tut veteranhumanbeing... that's a bit radical, isn't it?!!
tinylaughing

(Who'd have ever thought you'd see City officials doing their public-serving tasks ass-backwards!)
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
In my lifetime I've always had positive interactions with police, minus one, but assholes exist in all facets of employment across the globe.  He may be a great person, and I just caught him on a bad day, who knows.

I have family who are cops, one was a homicide and special victims detective.  Hell, I was about a month away from entering Philly's police academy when the budget crisis of 08 happened and froze everything.  In that time, I had a change of heart about what I wanted to do with my life, and I'm glad I did.

Community policing as a concept seems to be dead.  Like all things now, everything is about money.  I was reading about a metro cop who said he saw a car pull into an auto place with expired inspection stickers.  The guy came out of the store looking frustrated, and the cop went over and recognized the guy and knew his mother.

The cop brought the kid into the store and got a tail light and showed him how to fix it so it could pass inspection.  When the kids' mom heard about it, she called to sing the cops' praises.

The cop was called into a meeting with the city council and his chief, saying he'd be suspended for 2 days without pay.  He was supposed to impound the vehicle, write tickets, and make the city money.

I didn't verify that story, but from what I see in society today, I don't doubt it.  For every bad cop there are 10 good ones, based on my experience.

I'm curious to see what happens in Minneapolis.  I hope the law abiding citizens of that city practice their 2nd Amendment rights to police their homes and communities.  I'm really interested to see whether having police makes a difference.
This "them agains us" attitide from both sides is just spiraling into oblivion. It's completely unproductive and this latest blue pill cure in Minneapolis is an incredibly myopic approach to the problem. I see career criminals all over the country packing their bags for the great white north. This is going to end badly, I can just feel it. I'm getting so tired of Civil Servants from both ends of the spectrum that have forgotten whom they work for. We all pay the price for severe over the top left and right wing politics and it seems it's all that remains. It's just heartbreaking.
internet Agent Provocateur
(06-27-2020, 06:58 PM)Schmoe1 Wrote: In my lifetime I've always had positive interactions with police, minus one, but assholes exist in all facets of employment across the globe.  He may be a great person, and I just caught him on a bad day, who knows.

The problem with Law Enforcement boils down to one thing: the law.

See, if a good guy totally smashes a bad guy ... the good guy knows there's a tremendous likelihood he'll be prosecuted for his actions.

When I was a kid, my dad would beat the living Hell out of anyone who was a public nuisance or a public menace.  People feared my dad.  People who didn't even know him would feel grave danger just being in his presence.  Now, I say this about my dad, but it wasn't uncommon for this to happen around any man of his time.

These days men behave like this (skip right to :29) 
Now the cops are 'looking' for the two thugs who threw that wimp a beating.  But that's the way it is.  Had the guy pulled out a gun and shot those two thugs to death (like good ol' Bernie Goetz), he'd have gone to jail just like Bernie did.  Because ... you got it ... the cops would have been sent 'round to arrest him.
'Cause if they catch you in the back seat trying to pick her locks
They're gonna send you back to Mother in a cardboard box
You better run!
(06-27-2020, 07:15 PM)Snarl Wrote:
(06-27-2020, 06:58 PM)Schmoe1 Wrote: In my lifetime I've always had positive interactions with police, minus one, but assholes exist in all facets of employment across the globe.  He may be a great person, and I just caught him on a bad day, who knows.

See, if a good guy totally smashes a bad guy ... the good guy knows there's a tremendous likelihood he'll be prosecuted for his actions.

When I was a kid, my dad would beat the living Hell out of anyone who was a public nuisance or a public menace.  People feared my dad.  People who didn't even know him would feel grave danger just being in his presence.  Now, I say this about my dad, but it wasn't uncommon for this to happen around any man of his time.

Now the cops are 'looking' for the two thugs who threw that wimp a beating.  But that's the way it is.  Had the guy pulled out a gun and shot those two thugs to death (like good ol' Bernie Goetz), he'd have gone to jail just like Bernie did.  Because ... you got it ... the cops would have been sent 'round to arrest him.

My neighbor and I were talking about this just yesterday. When we were growing up, if an adult in the neighborhood caught you doing something wrong, you would get a stern talking to, and a likely smack or two on your bottom. You begged they not tell your parents, because you were, for sure, to receive two more punishments, one from you father and one from your mother.

When telephones became available, yes, I lived in a time when few people had phones in their homes, by the time your parents got home, they knew everywhere and everything you did the whole day. Neighbors were relay monitors and told everything.

People today dare not even look at a child, even if they are doing something wrong. Try even telling the parent that you witnessed their darling, sinless, perfect, divine, clone of Jesus, do something wrong. I can assure you, it is not likely to go well.

It used to be that your Dad was nearly every adult in the neighborhood, and it was the norm, not today.

I will add this; I am an old broad, but I have the temper of a demon. If I witnessed that, they would likely be holding my funeral a week later, but there is no way in hell I would not have intervened. 

I am not claiming to be some strong, bad ass granny, that would have beat the thug to a pulp. I would have likely ended up in the hospital or dead, but I would be able to live with broken bones and teeth, I would not be able to live with the image in my mind of someone being hurt, while I did nothing.

Showed the video to my 87 year old mother, she said, "I would have found something to hit that guy in the head with!" Well, I guess it is just in the genes.

• minusculebeercheers 

1984 today

Quote:Ministries of Oceania[edit]                                                      link

Main article: Ministries of Nineteen Eighty-Four
In London, the capital city of Airstrip One, Oceania's four government ministries are in pyramids (300 m high), the façades of which display the Party's three slogans. As mentioned, the ministries' names are the opposite (doublethink) of their true functions: "The Ministry of Peace concerns itself with war, the Ministry of Truth with lies, the Ministry of Love with torture and the Ministry of Plenty with starvation." (Part II, Chapter IX – The Theory and Practice of Oligarchical Collectivism)
Ministry of Peace[edit]
The Ministry of Peace supports Oceania's perpetual war against either of the two other superstates:
Quote:The primary aim of modern warfare (in accordance with the principles of doublethink, this aim is simultaneously recognised and not recognised by the directing brains of the Inner Party) is to use up the products of the machine without raising the general standard of living. Ever since the end of the nineteenth century, the problem of what to do with the surplus of consumption goods has been latent in industrial society. At present, when few human beings even have enough to eat, this problem is obviously not urgent, and it might not have become so, even if no artificial processes of destruction had been at work.
Ministry of Plenty[edit]
The Ministry of Plenty rations and controls food, goods, and domestic production; every fiscal quarter, it publishes false claims of having raised the standard of living, when it has, in fact, reduced rations, availability and production. The Ministry of Truth substantiates the Ministry of Plenty's claims by revising historical records to report numbers supporting the current "increased rations".
Ministry of Truth[edit]
The Ministry of Truth controls information: news, entertainment, education, and the arts. Winston Smith works in the Minitrue RecDep (Records Department), "rectifying" historical records to concord with Big Brother's current pronouncements so that everything the Party says is true.
Ministry of Love[edit]
The Ministry of Love identifies, monitors, arrests and converts real and imagined dissidents. In Winston's experience, the dissident is beaten and tortured, and, when near-broken, he is sent to Room 101 to face "the worst thing in the world"—until love for Big Brother and the Party replaces dissension.
(06-27-2020, 07:15 PM)Snarl Wrote:

Ya know, people would be a lot more behaved in public if good old fashioned beat downs were allowed.  I know that's a slippery slope, you can't just go around assaulting people all willy nilly.

On the other hand, I would feel justified in knocking some common courtesy into the douchebag on the train blasting his rap music, after being asked to turn it down and didn't. 

But nope, can't just start beating him for fear of prison, so myself and all the other riders have to suffer through it?  

Getting off topic here, but technology is a blessing and a curse.  On the positive side, it enables you and I to have this conversation.  On the negative side, it's created the Facebook-esque "look at me! Look at me!" culture of self absorption.  I don't know what it was like in the 50s, but consideration of others has steadily taken a nosedive, because people know they can behave like assholes and you can't do anything about it without serious consequences.
(06-27-2020, 08:24 PM)Schmoe1 Wrote: I don't know what it was like in the 50s, but consideration of others has steadily taken a nosedive, because people know they can behave like assholes and you can't do anything about it without serious consequences.

I lived in the 50s, and even then, you wouldn't get away with beating someone down because they were just rude of obnoxious. Physical attacks are a different thing, and most of the time you just fought it out, unless the battle was too one sided, or when the beat down did not fit the offense.

Living in the country was a bit different. Most did not have telephones and I believe we had one Sheriff and maybe three Deputies in an 100 miles of diameter. So, getting the police on scene was not an easy feat. Small problems were generally handled within the community, and I guess that is why we were so tight. Disputes that required the police generally involved legal disputes like land, property, livestock, and crops. Personal problems only involved the law when they got out of hand, or the injured party felt they had not been treated justly.

Country folk can sometimes take the stance of "it is not my business" too far, but they can change on a dime when they think it is all of their business.

• minusculebeercheers 

(06-27-2020, 08:48 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote:
(06-27-2020, 08:24 PM)Schmoe1 Wrote: I don't know what it was like in the 50s, but consideration of others has steadily taken a nosedive, because people know they can behave like assholes and you can't do anything about it without serious consequences.

I lived in the 50s, and even then, you wouldn't get away with beating someone down because they were just rude of obnoxious. Physical attacks are a different thing, and most of the time you just fought it out, unless the battle was too one sided, or when the beat down did not fit the offense.

Living in the country was a bit different. Most did not have telephones and I believe we had one Sheriff and maybe three Deputies in an 100 miles of diameter. So, getting the police on scene was not an easy feat. Small problems were generally handled within the community, and I guess that is why we were so tight. Disputes that required the police generally involved legal disputes like land, property, livestock, and crops. Personal problems only involved the law when they got out of hand, or the injured party felt they had not been treated justly.

Country folk can sometimes take the stance of "it is not my business" too far, but they can change on a dime when they think it is all of their business.

I'm not saying you might have been more likely to get away with it back then, I was wondering if common courtesy was more prevalent back then than it is today.

My parents and grandparents used to not even bother with locking the doors, they are the complete opposite today.  My mother had been anti-gun all her life, but I've been working on her all of mine.  She finally said she is thinking about getting a gun.

Society has changed, and not for the better.