Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[England] The BLM Import.
The great game of football (soccer for the colonies!) has been brought low by a passing plane sporting
a banner stating something wrong and racist. White people should get on their knees and proclaim
their embarrassment for their skin colour.
I'm sure the BBC would agree.
tinysure

Quote:Burnley 'ashamed and embarrassed' by banner flown above Etihad Stadium during Man City game.

'Burnley are "ashamed and embarrassed" by a banner reading 'White Lives Matter Burnley' that was
towed by an aeroplane over Etihad Stadium during Monday's match against Manchester City.
The aircraft circled over the stadium just after kick-off in City's 5-0 win.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=7834]

Burnley and City players and staff had taken a knee in support of the Black Lives Matter movement
moments earlier. "Fans like that don't deserve to be around football," Clarets skipper Ben Mee told
BBC Radio 5 Live.

Defender Mee added: "We're ashamed, we're embarrassed. "It's a minority of our supporters - I know
I speak for a massive part of our support who distance ourselves from anything like that.
"It definitely had a massive impact on us to see that in the sky.

"We are embarrassed that our name was in it, that they tried to attach it to our club - it doesn't belong
anywhere near our club."

In a statement, Burnley said that the banner "in no way represents" what the club stands for and that they will
"work fully with the authorities to identify those responsible and take appropriate action".
"Burnley strongly condemns the actions of those responsible for the aircraft and offensive banner," the
statement added.

"We wish to make it clear that those responsible are not welcome at Turf Moor.
"We apologise unreservedly to the Premier League, to Manchester City and to all those helping to promote
Black Lives Matter.

"The club has a proud record of working with all genders, religions and faiths through its award-winning community
scheme, and stands against racism of any kind. "We are fully behind the Premier League's Black Lives Matter
initiative and, in line with all other Premier League games undertaken since Project Restart, our players and football
staff willingly took the knee at kick-off at Manchester City."

Both Burnley and City were wearing shirts with the players' names replaced with 'Black Lives Matter'.

Reaction
Sanjay Bhandari, chair of Kick It Out, English football's anti-racism charity: "The point of Black Lives Matter is not to
diminish the importance of other people's lives. It is to highlight that black people are being denied certain human
rights simply by virtue of the colour of their skin.

"It is about equality. We shall continue to support the Black Lives Matter movement and the fight for greater equality
for all in football." PFA equalities director Iffy Onuora: "You get that moment of deflation but then there's the positive
reaction since. I thought Ben Mee was absolutely fantastic.

"You feel inspired again. These are uncomfortable conversations but in order to progress, you have to have them.
"In itself, the words themselves aren't offensive, it's the context. It's the rejection of conversations we are having at the
moment and that's what it represents."

Piara Powar, executive director of anti-discrimination body Fare: "Set against the BLM message of equal rights,
'White Lives Matter' can only be motivated by racism and a denial of equal rights. It shows exactly why the fight for
equality is so important and why the majority of people have supported it.

"The movement, the issues that are being discussed and the change that will arise is unstoppable. History will judge
that this was a moment that led to change."...'
BBC:

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
Hmm.  Regardless of one's views of the political baggage in this case, that was a clever way of getting a message to a lot of people.  A way the social media networks could not censor.

Reminded me of the advertising blimps that were a common sight decades ago.

Cheers
[Image: 14sigsepia.jpg]

(06-23-2020, 10:01 AM)F2d5thCav Wrote: Hmm.  Regardless of one's views of the political baggage in this case, that was a clever way of getting a message to a lot of people.  A way the social media networks could not censor.

Reminded me of the advertising blimps that were a common sight decades ago.

Cheers

Yep, the 'way-around' the media's outrage gate-keeping!
The banner made the whole aspect of the MSM's one race being better than another look puerile, yet the need to
remind the public that those of darker skin was too overwhelming for them to ignore.

It really pisses me off when I see people being treated differently and this case, almost like 'pets'.
tinywondering
I saw that flying over our village last night. Thought it was heading to the Etihad. In no way may i add live anywhere near Burnley!!! Just had to get that in minusculebonker.
(06-23-2020, 11:05 AM)TheDoctor46 Wrote: I saw that flying over our village last night. Thought it was heading to the Etihad. In no way may i add live anywhere near Burnley!!! Just had to get that in minusculebonker.

It may have been a subtle nod to the UK Government's reluctance to release the findings on the grooming-gang investigations.
tinywondering
(06-23-2020, 11:07 AM)BIAD Wrote:
(06-23-2020, 11:05 AM)TheDoctor46 Wrote: I saw that flying over our village last night. Thought it was heading to the Etihad. In no way may i add live anywhere near Burnley!!! Just had to get that in minusculebonker.

It may have been a subtle nod to the UK Government's reluctance to release the findings on the grooming-gang investigations.
tinywondering
Very true. Although i doubt anything will be revealed 
Especially in this delicate climate we are currently in. Wonder if they find the pilot and give him a smacked bottom minusculebonker.
(06-23-2020, 11:11 AM)TheDoctor46 Wrote: Very true. Although i doubt anything will be revealed 
Especially in this delicate climate we are currently in. Wonder if they find the pilot and give him a smacked bottom minusculebonker.

I agree the current climate is seen as delicate, but when one folds in the many grooming-gang cases from Rotherham,
Burnley, Birmingham and other towns, offence to one particular race's skin colour and another's history seems a little
over-sensitive.

Reality is on vacation!
(06-23-2020, 09:46 AM)BIAD Wrote: The great game of football (soccer for the colonies!) has been brought low by a passing plane sporting
a banner stating something wrong and racist. White people should get on their knees and proclaim
their embarrassment for their skin colour.
I'm sure the BBC would agree.
tinysure

Quote:Burnley 'ashamed and embarrassed' by banner flown above Etihad Stadium during Man City game.

'Burnley are "ashamed and embarrassed" by a banner reading 'White Lives Matter Burnley' that was
towed by an aeroplane over Etihad Stadium during Monday's match against Manchester City.
The aircraft circled over the stadium just after kick-off in City's 5-0 win.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=7834]

Burnley and City players and staff had taken a knee in support of the Black Lives Matter movement
moments earlier. "Fans like that don't deserve to be around football," Clarets skipper Ben Mee told
BBC Radio 5 Live.

Defender Mee added: "We're ashamed, we're embarrassed. "It's a minority of our supporters - I know
I speak for a massive part of our support who distance ourselves from anything like that.
"It definitely had a massive impact on us to see that in the sky.

"We are embarrassed that our name was in it, that they tried to attach it to our club - it doesn't belong
anywhere near our club."

In a statement, Burnley said that the banner "in no way represents" what the club stands for and that they will
"work fully with the authorities to identify those responsible and take appropriate action".
"Burnley strongly condemns the actions of those responsible for the aircraft and offensive banner," the
statement added.

"We wish to make it clear that those responsible are not welcome at Turf Moor.
"We apologise unreservedly to the Premier League, to Manchester City and to all those helping to promote
Black Lives Matter.

"The club has a proud record of working with all genders, religions and faiths through its award-winning community
scheme, and stands against racism of any kind. "We are fully behind the Premier League's Black Lives Matter
initiative and, in line with all other Premier League games undertaken since Project Restart, our players and football
staff willingly took the knee at kick-off at Manchester City."

Both Burnley and City were wearing shirts with the players' names replaced with 'Black Lives Matter'.

Reaction
Sanjay Bhandari, chair of Kick It Out, English football's anti-racism charity: "The point of Black Lives Matter is not to
diminish the importance of other people's lives. It is to highlight that black people are being denied certain human
rights simply by virtue of the colour of their skin.

"It is about equality. We shall continue to support the Black Lives Matter movement and the fight for greater equality
for all in football." PFA equalities director Iffy Onuora: "You get that moment of deflation but then there's the positive
reaction since. I thought Ben Mee was absolutely fantastic.

"You feel inspired again. These are uncomfortable conversations but in order to progress, you have to have them.
"In itself, the words themselves aren't offensive, it's the context. It's the rejection of conversations we are having at the
moment and that's what it represents."

Piara Powar, executive director of anti-discrimination body Fare: "Set against the BLM message of equal rights,
'White Lives Matter' can only be motivated by racism and a denial of equal rights. It shows exactly why the fight for

"The movement, the issues that are being discussed and the change that will arise is unstoppable. History will judge
that this was a moment that led to change."...'
BBC:

Sorry my English is not the best, did I just read the white lives dont matter can some one explane this to me and how it is not racism
Quote:Piara Powar, executive director of anti-discrimination body Fare: "Set against the BLM message of equal rights,

Let me make sure I have this straight so I can be politically correct like the cool kids: "white lives matter", which only singles out one skin hue as worthy of life, is racist, but "black lives matter" which only singles out one skin hue as worthy of life, is NOT racist - is that about right? I wanna be one of the cool kids too, y'know, so I need to know for sure which race I have to promote above all the rest to not be racist!

Are there any other races we need to separate out for good or ill treatment based entirely on their hue? Cause, that's not racist, so long as the hue is correct for whether we are dishing out applause or opprobrium.

One of these days, I expect we'll see black folks getting all indignant about being called "racist" as they scramble to point out that they have white friends, and so cannot be racist...

... and the band will play on.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

(06-23-2020, 11:16 AM)BIAD Wrote:
(06-23-2020, 11:11 AM)TheDoctor46 Wrote: Very true. Although i doubt anything will be revealed 

I agree the current climate is seen as delicate, but when one folds in the many grooming-gang cases from Rotherham,
Burnley, Birmingham and other towns, offence to one particular race's skin colour and another's history seems a little
over-sensitive.

Reality is on vacation!

The worlds going mad. One side can say it. But if the other side says it The big race card is cast upon them  minusculechairshot. Common sense and knowledge is still obviously furloughed
(06-23-2020, 11:22 AM)Wallfire Wrote: Sorry my English is not the best, did I just read the white lives dont matter can some one explane this to me and how it is not racism
Quote:Piara Powar, executive director of anti-discrimination body Fare: "Set against the BLM message of equal rights,

The move the chess-pieces and rhetoric to keep a stupid biased view only on a particular ethnicity.
Black lives do matter, but to place 'White Lives Matter' or ''All Lives Matter' beside the quote, demeans the focus of divisive grouping.

'Executive director of anti-discrimination body Fare' speaks with forked-tongue. How can an equality involve one party being treated
better than another? Technically-speaking, she's an ass-hole and her alleged name gives it away!
(06-23-2020, 11:33 AM)Ninurta Wrote: Let me make sure I have this straight so I can be politically correct like the cool kids: "white lives matter" is racist, but "black lives matter" is NOT racist - is that about right? I wanna be one of the cool kids too, y'know, so I need to know for sure which race I have to promote above all the rest to not be racist!

Are there any other races we need to separate out for good or ill treatment based entirely on their hue? Cause, that's not racist, so long as the hue is correct for whether we are dishing out applause or approbrium.

One of these days, I expect we'll see black folks getting all indignant about being called "racist" as they scramble to point out that they have white friends, and so cannot be racist...

... and the band will play on.

Yes there are other races we need to separate out... yer' know, a modern-day version of a Ahnenerbe!
White people have all the privilege, all the money and all the unicorns. Just ask Barack.

The saddest part of this stupid idea is that the many people of colour who've drank this type of Kool-aid,
don't realise it's just a money-making gig and the actual white people who kiss their feet and applaud
any action of those with a darker skin pigment than themselves, see people of colour in the same frame
one appreciates a pet, a lesser creature that needs help from a human.

A white human.
tinysure
I'm sick of all this crap. Nobody gets to decide their skin colour, sex, tribe or what religious dogma they are born into. Nobody should be held accountable for anything they didn't personally do, i.e. things that happened before they were born.

I have personally never met anyone with black or white skin, though I've seen some that are very dark brown, and some that are a pale pinky - fawn colour. Black and white skins don't exist in real life, it's just an agenda to divide us.

#50shadesofbrown
I am WonderCow....hear me moo!
(06-23-2020, 11:52 AM)WonderCow Wrote: I'm sick of all this crap. Nobody gets to decide their skin colour, sex, tribe or what religious dogma they are born into. Nobody should be held accountable for anything they didn't personally do, i.e. things that happened before they were born.

I have personally never met anyone with black or white skin, though I've seen some that are very dark brown, and some that are a pale pinky - fawn colour. Black and white skins don't exist in real life, it's just an agenda to divide us.

#50shadesofbrown

minusculethumbsup  Sometimes it's refreshing to hear that there is still sane, mature people out there across the web!

Sadly, those who swim in this type of social-dividing crap have a word-salad or such narrative countering and with condescending
tones, tell you that you're simply 'colour-blind' due to your own privilege!

Whoever first decided to yank the world's chain on this one certainly covered the bases!!

But you're correct WonderCow and a belated hello from BIAD.
(06-23-2020, 11:52 AM)WonderCow Wrote: I'm sick of all this crap. Nobody gets to decide their skin colour, sex, tribe or what religious dogma they are born into. Nobody should be held accountable for anything they didn't personally do, i.e. things that happened before they were born.

#50shadesofbrown

WHAT WHAT!!!!!! people can decide there sex also one can change skin colour Im not sure what ISM you are guilty of if I cant find one I will make one up. minusculebonker
I never liked the term POC, never understood the border where skin colour changes from one colour to another. We are born where we are born, but im sure that is also racism
(06-23-2020, 12:00 PM)BIAD Wrote:

#50shadesofbrown

minusculethumbsup  Sometimes it's refreshing to hear that there is still sane, mature people out there across the web!

Sadly, those who swim in this type of social-dividing crap have a word-salad or such narrative countering and with condescending
tones, tell you that you're simply 'colour-blind' due to your own privilege!

Whoever first decided to yank the world's chain on this one certainly covered the bases!!

But you're correct WonderCow and a belated hello from BIAD.
Hi BIAD! I think that's the first time anyones described me as mature or sane.  tinybiggrin
I am WonderCow....hear me moo!
"Hi BIAD! I think that's the first time anyones described me as mature or sane." 
Im not sure that is a complement here  minusculebiggrin
I saw this on (BBC) TV this morning and just felt my Blood Pressure rising.... and RISING!

The pandering, simpering, tone of "hurt" surrounding the reporting and multiple interviews (from ONLY ONE POV btw) was absolutely sickening to me. I couldn't watch it after 5mins.
I got the distinct impression that everyone connected with Burnley Football Club were TERRIFIED of any backlash which might be aimed at them for "allowing" this horror to have happened.

These movements do NOT want equality IMHO.
They are NOT aiming for equality.
IF they wanted true equality, their slogan would read:
"BLACK LIVES MATTER TOO" which is NOT exclusive of other races.

TRUE Equality means that I CAN say WHITE LIVES MATTER, RED LIVES MATTER, YELLOW LIVES MATTER, INDETERMINATE SHADES OF PINK & BROWN LIVES MATTER and NOT be accused of being a racist for saying it.

BLACK LIVES DO MATTER.... TOO!

A white Egg, a tan egg and a brown egg are all "just eggs" under the shell.
All equal, all on parity, all just as tasty and nutritious... and they all matter EQUALLY and have EQUAL VALUE because they're all just the same!

POSITIVE Discrimination IS STILL DISCRIMINATION in my book and that is NOT EQUALITY or Parity.

We will only be truly equal when colour doesn't even matter at all to anyone any more..... until then.... the media "stir their master's pot" to keep us all angry at one another...

I'm NOT angry at BLM (or the guys who flew the WLM plane over Burnley for that matter) - I'm Mad as Hell at those pulling the strings which pit us all against one another instead of AGAINST THEM!!

/rant

G
[Image: CoolForCatzSig.png]
Thats what its all about, divide the people. If they used Black Lives Matter Too it makes every one equal, by making it BLM they make black people better than white. A sure way to make sure of the divide. Commutation is controlled and tells the story thats wanted, and the truth is lost
(06-23-2020, 01:04 PM)Wallfire Wrote: Thats what its all about, divide the people...
Yep and as you can see, it never stops. The media love it 'cos it brings ratings.
tinysure
All Flights Matter.

Quote:Nigel Farage trip to attend Donald Trump rally investigated by homeland security committee.

US congressman Bennie G Thompson says the decision to allow Mr Farage's visit from the
UK raises "numerous troubling questions".

[Image: attachment.php?aid=7841]
Nigel Farage and US Congressman Bernie G Thompson.

'A US congressman has launched an investigation after Nigel Farage apparently flew to America to
attend a Donald Trump rally during the coronavirus pandemic. Bennie G Thompson, chairman of the
House of Representatives' committee on homeland security, said the decision to allow the visit raised
"numerous troubling questions" at the time of travel restrictions from the UK.

The US has barred entry to arrivals from Britain, with the exception of US citizens, their family members
and "individuals who meet specified exceptions". Brexit Party leader Mr Farage posted a photograph of
himself on Saturday with the caption:
"In the USA, only twenty four hours from Tulsa" - the destination of the US president's rally over the weekend.

@Nigel_Farage
In the USA, only twenty four hours from Tulsa.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=7842]

2:15 PM - Jun 20, 2020

Mr Thompson said he had sent a letter to Chad Wolf, acting secretary of homeland security, requesting "all
relevant documents" on the decision to "waive the travel ban for Mr Farage". He said: "The decision of the
Trump administration to admit Mr Farage to the United States to enable him to attend a campaign rally at
a time when most travel from the United Kingdom to the US has been suspended raises numerous troubling
questions, as does the claim that such travel was in the national interest."

Mr Thompson, a Mississippi Democrat, said a statement provided to his staff by America's Customs and Border
Protection (CBP) confirmed Mr Farage was initially denied boarding while attempting to fly from the UK to fly from
the UK to the US, due to the coronavirus travel restrictions.

According to the congressman, the CBP said the Department of Homeland Security conducted a review and
determined Mr Farage's travel was "permissible" as his entry to the US "would be in the national interest" and
he was allowed to board the flight.

In his letter to Mr Wolf, Mr Thompson has requested that the Department of Homeland Security provide "all
communication" since 14 March related to Mr Farage's trip to the US. He also requests documents on "the
individual who ultimately approved travel to the US by Mr Farage" and "the determination and justification"
that the trip "was a matter of national interest".

Sky News has contacted the Brexit Party for comment.
Mr Farage previously appeared alongside Mr Trump to give a speech at a rally in Mississippi in August 2016
before the last US presidential election. At the time, he spoke about his role in the campaign for Britain to leave
the European Union, but stopped short of endorsing Mr Trump for president.
It was announced earlier this month that Mr Farage will no longer host his LBC Radio show which he had presented 
since January 2017...'
Sky News Archived Source:

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)