Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Fandom Menance: Comics, anime, Games, star trek, doctor who

This was interesting

Another reason fandoms are hurting and infected
IP fights
My husband thinks they ruined Star Wars after Original, should have left it alone.
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
(08-13-2019, 12:56 AM)guohua Wrote: My husband thinks they ruined Star Wars after Original, should have left it alone.

As Nerdrotic says in Armonica_Templar's post-video, George Lucas sold Disney the concept of Star Wars,
he just didn't sell use of the characters! That's why they've been trying to move away from the original
plots so that they can introduce their own people.

And make them sh*t.
tinysure
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
Star Wars
Fandom Menace

From Geeks and Gamers

My husband agrees, Star Wars Went To SHIT!

Wow
(08-20-2019, 06:58 AM)Armonica_Templar Wrote:

Wow

Disney is Shit, their Movies are Shit and their Theme Parks are To Expensive, Yes they are Shit!
(08-20-2019, 07:26 AM)guohua Wrote:
(08-20-2019, 06:58 AM)Armonica_Templar Wrote:

Wow

Disney is Shit, their Movies are Shit and their Theme Parks are To Expensive, Yes they are Shit!

We have the road map for 2020
It is all here
The credo for the vast corporation in the eighties movie 'Robocop' was "Good business is where you find it" and
it seems that in today's society, that axiom has morphed into "Any business is okay as long as there's a preferred
message inside it".

DC Comics doesn't get it that identity politics is behind the times and only a minority needs wants it.
So Mariko Tamaki and Steve Pugh will soon be grimly looking at the previous place of employment as
they pass it on the bus, on their way to the 'Lean To Code' seminar.

Quote:HARLEY QUINN: BREAKING GLASS COMIC TURNS POISON IVY BLACK, PROMOTES FEMINISM

'More race-swapping, this time it’s DC Comics. Mariko Tamaki and Steve Pugh’s Harley Quinn: Breaking Glass,
which is due out in September, has race-swapped Poison Ivy, turning the seductive redhead into a black person
with an afro. Yes, the redhead genocide in fiction continues.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=6264]
How Poison Ivy was...

The news originally came courtesy of a trailer that DC put out for Tamaki’s new comic, which is only 30 seconds
long but reveals that a 15-year-old Harley Quinn, who lives with a drag queen named “Mama”, befriends a black
Poison Ivy to fight against mega-corporations gentrifying Gotham.

I wish I was making that up, but I lack the drug-addled mindset to come up with such degeneracy.
If you need to read the official description for yourself, it sits below…

Quote:“Harleen is a tough, outspoken, rebellious kid who lives in a ramshackle apartment above a karaoke cabaret
owned by a drag queen named MAMA. Ever since Harleen’s parents split, MAMA has been her only family.
When the cabaret becomes the next victim in the wave of gentrification that’s taking over the neighborhood,
Harleen gets mad.

“When Harleen decides to turn her anger into action, she is faced with two choices: join Ivy, who’s campaigning
to make the neighborhood a better place to live, or join The Joker, who plans to take down Gotham one corporation
at a time.”

If that sounds bad, it actually gets worse. I know, I know… you’re probably thinking, “How can it get worse?!”
Well, it does!

YouTuber Nerdette’s Newsstand did a video covering the comic and some of the dialogue, and oh boy is it a doozy.
In one page we see that Quinn and Ivy engage in a conversation while promoting diversity, feminism, and a fight
against the patriarchy.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=6265]
...How Poison Ivy is now.

It’s no joke. One the one page Quinn has a thought bubble that reads…

“[…] Ivy said it was time to get feminist. She didn’t say it exactly like that but you get the idea.”

In the panel Ivy tells a girl passing by in the hall…

“Stand up against discrimination!Stand up for women in film! Stand up for diversity!”

The most egregious part of the page, however, is the stand-in for Antifa, where Ivy attempts to recruit people into
a similar group in order to fight the patriarchy, claiming that they wear “gorilla masks” and try to raise awareness
about inequality that women suffer.

So basically the comic pushes all of the standard Left-wing tropes that they use in their agitprop to brainwash people.

And given that we all know what sort of stories DC is currently telling with Harley, it’s quite obvious that the intended
development would be for Harley and Ivy to eventually hook up romantically, thus covering not only the male-bashing,
pro-feminist angle but also the interracial lesbian angle, too.

I’m sure there will be plenty of Centrists™ out there who will defend the comic, claiming that race-swapping established
characters is fine and that feminism is good, and that there’s nothing wrong with bashing the patriarchy -all of the typical
sophist trappings that make them insufferable to engage.

The only point they might have is that this is a separate continuity from the rest of the DC Comics universe.
So in a way, it’s good that it’s stuck in its own bubble; a vacuum sealed from infecting the other artists and works under
the DC label. Unfortunately, DC is still pushing out-and-out propaganda. It’s not even hidden here.

They’re actively pushing the feminist and diversity nonsense that used to be tucked away in the most degenerate far
corners of Tumblr.

Unfortunately a lot of people will likely end up picking up this comic on September 3rd, not knowing that it’s agitprop.
But that seems to be a common failure of today’s society when it comes to major media brands being usurped by
Left-wing activists...'
OneAngryGamer:

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(08-20-2019, 12:13 PM)BIAD Wrote: The credo for the vast corporation in the eighties movie 'Robocop' was "Good business is where you find it" and
it seems that in today's society, that axiom has morphed into "Any business is okay as long as there's a preferred
message inside it".

DC Comics doesn't get it that identity politics is behind the times and only a minority needs wants it.
So Mariko Tamaki and Steve Pugh will soon be grimly looking at the previous place of employment as
they pass it on the bus, on their way to the 'Lean To Code' seminar.

Quote:HARLEY QUINN: BREAKING GLASS COMIC TURNS POISON IVY BLACK, PROMOTES FEMINISM

'More race-swapping, this time it’s DC Comics. Mariko Tamaki and Steve Pugh’s Harley Quinn: Breaking Glass,
which is due out in September, has race-swapped Poison Ivy, turning the seductive redhead into a black person
with an afro. Yes, the redhead genocide in fiction continues.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=6264]
How Poison Ivy was...

The news originally came courtesy of a trailer that DC put out for Tamaki’s new comic, which is only 30 seconds
long but reveals that a 15-year-old Harley Quinn, who lives with a drag queen named “Mama”, befriends a black
Poison Ivy to fight against mega-corporations gentrifying Gotham.

I wish I was making that up, but I lack the drug-addled mindset to come up with such degeneracy.
If you need to read the official description for yourself, it sits below…

Quote:“Harleen is a tough, outspoken, rebellious kid who lives in a ramshackle apartment above a karaoke cabaret
owned by a drag queen named MAMA. Ever since Harleen’s parents split, MAMA has been her only family.
When the cabaret becomes the next victim in the wave of gentrification that’s taking over the neighborhood,
Harleen gets mad.

“When Harleen decides to turn her anger into action, she is faced with two choices: join Ivy, who’s campaigning
to make the neighborhood a better place to live, or join The Joker, who plans to take down Gotham one corporation
at a time.”

If that sounds bad, it actually gets worse. I know, I know… you’re probably thinking, “How can it get worse?!”
Well, it does!

YouTuber Nerdette’s Newsstand did a video covering the comic and some of the dialogue, and oh boy is it a doozy.
In one page we see that Quinn and Ivy engage in a conversation while promoting diversity, feminism, and a fight
against the patriarchy.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=6265]
...How Poison Ivy is now.

It’s no joke. One the one page Quinn has a thought bubble that reads…

“[…] Ivy said it was time to get feminist. She didn’t say it exactly like that but you get the idea.”

In the panel Ivy tells a girl passing by in the hall…

“Stand up against discrimination!Stand up for women in film! Stand up for diversity!”

The most egregious part of the page, however, is the stand-in for Antifa, where Ivy attempts to recruit people into
a similar group in order to fight the patriarchy, claiming that they wear “gorilla masks” and try to raise awareness
about inequality that women suffer.

So basically the comic pushes all of the standard Left-wing tropes that they use in their agitprop to brainwash people.

And given that we all know what sort of stories DC is currently telling with Harley, it’s quite obvious that the intended
development would be for Harley and Ivy to eventually hook up romantically, thus covering not only the male-bashing,
pro-feminist angle but also the interracial lesbian angle, too.

I’m sure there will be plenty of Centrists™ out there who will defend the comic, claiming that race-swapping established
characters is fine and that feminism is good, and that there’s nothing wrong with bashing the patriarchy -all of the typical
sophist trappings that make them insufferable to engage.

The only point they might have is that this is a separate continuity from the rest of the DC Comics universe.
So in a way, it’s good that it’s stuck in its own bubble; a vacuum sealed from infecting the other artists and works under
the DC label. Unfortunately, DC is still pushing out-and-out propaganda. It’s not even hidden here.

They’re actively pushing the feminist and diversity nonsense that used to be tucked away in the most degenerate far
corners of Tumblr.

Unfortunately a lot of people will likely end up picking up this comic on September 3rd, not knowing that it’s agitprop.
But that seems to be a common failure of today’s society when it comes to major media brands being usurped by
Left-wing activists...'
OneAngryGamer:

It is getting that bad

The major point started with Bendis coming to DC
And they did in fact just have to shut down the Vertigo line

AT & T is listening
Seems sells are important

I Love comics - home grown tourist channel

I thought I would add this here more positive
and fun
@"Armonica_Templar" 
Thank You it was a fun tour.

Disclaimer 
I sponsored this video to be made
It's official Armonica... Disney knows in its heart now that no matter how much you attempt
to convince the masses that you're committed, you cannot polish a turd.
(08-26-2019, 09:15 PM)BIAD Wrote: It's official Armonica... Disney knows in its heart now that no matter how much you attempt
to convince the masses that you're committed, you cannot polish a turd.

they have been altering numbers and know it

it is coming back to haunt them

It did NOT sell