Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Old Bugger needs help
Wink 
I am not on an altruistic mission to help some one out, this is purely selfish. I am the Old Bugger.
Perhaps this is the wrong place to put this, but knowing the "natives" here are friendly I thought I could brave this.
It is beyond me how this place works and I would so like partake in an intelligent manner.
When I first joined every one was so kind and helpful, but I gave up due to my own inability. "Someone" kindly nudged me to try again, so here I am a little miffed. 
There are so many interesting topics and it seems like a diverse and open environment. 
Thank you and please be patient. I work crazy shifts and can't always be present. 
I have soooo many questions. 

OH, Hello to the grumpy old curmudgeon from the High Lands
(07-25-2019, 02:06 AM)WalksInSilence Wrote: I am not on an altruistic mission to help some one out, this is purely selfish. I am the Old Bugger.
Perhaps this is the wrong place to put this, but knowing the "natives" here are friendly I thought I could brave this.
It is beyond me how this place works and I would so like partake in an intelligent manner.
When I first joined every one was so kind and helpful, but I gave up due to my own inability. "Someone" kindly nudged me to try again, so here I am a little miffed. 
There are so many interesting topics and it seems like a diverse and open environment. 
Thank you and please be patient. I work crazy shifts and can't always be present. 

Welcome back WIS.  tinybiggrin 

We all had to start at the beginning. It takes time to learn this board; it's kind of different than any other one I've ever used, but you'll get there with practice.

Notice at the top of the topic discussions (second one down) there is a thread that shows you how to navigate the board. Go through it and learn/answer any questions you might have.
Also, we are here to help.

Here is a link to the "help thread".
http://www.rogue-nation3.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=103
Also, I'd like to mention, in case you don't realize it, at the top of the board there is a link that says "Portal". This is where you can see the latest threads put up. Over to the left side in the column you will see which threads have been posted on the most recently. Some are sometimes older threads.

Now, if you click on the link from the "Portal page", you will see a link that says "Discussions".  If you click on that, it will take you to the side with all the different forums to choose from when you wish to start a thread.
At the very top, before you scroll down to see the forums, you'll see all the latest threads there that have been posted on the most recently. I think it shows the last 20 or 25 threads.  It stays updated every time a new one goes up, or a reply has been made in one.
Keep scrolling down to come to the forums where you choose which topic to make your thread in.
Hope that helps. tinybiggrin
(07-25-2019, 02:06 AM)WalksInSilence Wrote: I am not on an altruistic mission to help some one out, this is purely selfish. I am the Old Bugger.

You see  Open Buddy List , View New PostsView Today's PostsPrivate Messages (Unread 0, Total 996) 
 Click on View New Posts.
All the new post will be brought up.
Now you'll see the  Thread / Author,  Forum,  Replies,  Views,  Last Post [asc]
First thread just happens to be,,,,,,,,,,
Jeffrey Epstein Arrested for Child Sex Trafficking ( 1 2 3 ),   Breaking News,    44,    831,  1 minute ago 
                                                                                                                                Last PostMystic Wanderer  
Put your cursor on Last Post: and click.  Last PostMystic Wanderer  
You will go to the post by Mystic Wandered.
If you want to read the entire thread just click on Jeffrey Epstein Arrested for Child Sex Trafficking

To reply to a thread/post just click the reply button.
You have done well by starting your on thread asking for help.

Mystic Wanderer has sent you the link to the area that has a lot of help for you.

You can always ask or just start clicking buttons and see what happens,,,,,, you can not break our site.  minusculethumbsup2
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
(07-25-2019, 02:06 AM)WalksInSilence Wrote: OH, Hello to the grumpy old curmudgeon from the High Lands

Please be more specific - us grumpy old curmudgeons are easily confused. We have Gordi, who is from the Highlands in Scotland, but who is - from my perspective - a grumpy younger curmudgeon.

Then there is me, a grumpy old curmudgeon, but the high lands I am from are considerably farther west than Gordi's highlands although they may be around the same height, originally being a part of the same mountain chain before the world cracked like an egg and created new continents...

... I was considerably younger when that happened, but still grumpy.

Oh - and I keep crazy hours as well, generally being on here all night while the rest of the world sleeps, and working when civilized folks are home watching re-runs of "Three's Company"

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

(07-25-2019, 05:09 AM)Ninurta Wrote: Please be more specific - us grumpy old curmudgeons are easily confused. We have Gordi, who is from the Highlands in Scotland,
but who is - from my perspective - a grumpy younger curmudgeon.

Then there is me, a grumpy old curmudgeon, but the high lands I am from are considerably farther west than Gordi's highlands
although they may be around the same height, originally being a part of the same mountain chain before the world cracked like
an egg and created new continents...

... I was considerably younger when that happened, but still grumpy.

Oh - and I keep crazy hours as well, generally being on here all night while the rest of the world sleeps, and working when civilized
folks are home watching re-runs of "Three's Company"

By the way, WalkInSilence, the underlined parts are verified facts.
smallcrackingup
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
What advice I can give you ? well I have found this place to be unique on the net. Here people can and do disagree with each other but there is always respect. Its a good place to be, with good people.
So enjoy and write the words your heart sends to your hands.

Welcome Home WIS!

minusculebeercheers

Park your Ass in the donkey shed at the back...

Then go down the hall, past BIAD's broom closet to the members lounge for a drink or three... (It's YOUR round by the way)
Once you've bought me a few drinks we'll have a chat about the best way to get you up to speed, BUT my First Best Tip would be.....

Find the SHOUTBOX on the main page (Just below all of the "announcement" bars),
That's a "live" chatbox where you can ask questions and interact live with anyone who happens to be around.

You are also most welcome to message me (or any of the staff/mods) too, by clicking on "Private Messages" at the top right of the main page, then "Compose" and search for my username "Gordi". Simples.

Well done YOU for starting this thread!
The site works very well, and is easy when you're "in the know", but just takes a little bit of time to get used to.
(It's well worth the effort though!)

Mine's a Guinness by the way....

tinybiggrin
[Image: CoolForCatzSig.png]
@Gordi  Mine's a Guinness by the way....
God its been a very very long time since I had Guinness on tap
(07-25-2019, 12:13 PM)Wallfire Wrote: @Gordi  Mine's a Guinness by the way....

Is it still my Birthday "somewhere"??
Must be surely????

WIS is getting them in anyway...

tinylaughing
(07-25-2019, 12:20 PM)gordi Wrote:

Is it still my Birthday "somewhere"??
Must be surely????

WIS is getting them in anyway...

tinylaughing
@"gordi"  Happy Birthday,,,, from Somewhere and let us have a Drink,,,,,,,,  minusculeguzzlingbeer
(07-25-2019, 06:33 PM)guohua Wrote: @"gordi"  Happy Birthday,,,, from Somewhere and let us have a Drink,,,,,,,,  minusculeguzzlingbeer

ohh, go on then!

minusculebeercheers

Get one into yer'... you deserve it.
minusculeguzzlingbeer minusculethumbsup

Been around here for awhile. Seen the trials and tribulations of the start process. I was on that other site that shall not be mentioned and after getting kicked off quietly made my way to where old friends were taking up a new residence. Met some new ones since.

I also don't get here often enough but I keep logged in and a tab open so I have the god-Like powers of seeing and knowing all from behind the scenes. Someone has to make sure Gordi and Biad behave. And Mrs G? A kinder heart has never been seen but even she needs my ever watchful presence. lol

All kidding aside, listen, learn and watch these folks because they will surely take the time to return the same.

Jude
(07-28-2019, 06:57 PM)Jude Wrote:

Been around here for awhile. Seen the trials and tribulations of the start process. I was on that other site that shall not be mentioned and after getting kicked off quietly made my way to where old friends were taking up a new residence. Met some new ones since.

I also don't get here often enough but I keep logged in and a tab open so I have the god-Like powers of seeing and knowing all from behind the scenes. Someone has to make sure Gordi and Biad behave. And Mrs G? A kinder heart has never been seen but even she needs my ever watchful presence. lol

All kidding aside, listen, learn and watch these folks because they will surely take the time to return the same.

Jude

Shhhhhh, We Love You Too,,,, @"Jude"  My Friend.
Wink 
Thank You all for your kind replies. I figured out how to rate, victory minusculebeercheers. When one moves to a new realm I think it is most important to know how to say thank you, aye? 
I will get around to individual replies. 

Regarding avatars. I would like an alternative to Gordi's descriptive depiction of my personality. Although admiring the donkey greatly for it's endurance, stubbornness and absolute "cuteness" I do have another side. 
Add Image? Do I pick from my own files or add them to a "collective" in Rogue and then select them form there? Is the a specific file size? 

Passes out Guinness on tap and the finest malt Whiskey. Gordi, mind your tongue, no matter how it is spelled, it is the brew of choice of Devine beings.
(08-07-2019, 02:39 AM)WalksInSilence Wrote: Thank You all for your kind replies. I figured out how to rate, victory minusculebeercheers. When one moves to a new realm I think it is most important to know how to say thank you, aye? 
I will get around to individual replies. 

Regarding avatars. I would like an alternative to Gordi's descriptive depiction of my personality. Although admiring the donkey greatly for it's endurance, stubbornness and absolute "cuteness" I do have another side. 
Add Image? Do I pick from my own files or add them to a "collective" in Rogue and then select them form there? Is the a specific file size? 

Passes out Guinness on tap and the finest malt Whiskey. Gordi, mind your tongue, no matter how it is spelled, it is the brew of choice of Devine beings.

I'm sure if you have something in mind you can tell Gordi or @"BIAD"  either one and they will make it and size it up for you.

Nice to have you here.  Thanks for the drink.   minusculebeercheers
@"WalksInSilence" 

Yes, Our Dear @"Mystic Wanderer"  is absolutely correct.
If you have a Avatar you love contact @"BIAD" or @"gordi" 
They are the Professionals.

It is easy to contact them, you can from your on thread you started here.

Just type @BIAD or type @gordi and as you start to type the second or third letter you will see their username Highlighted in Blue, just click on that and it'll finish typing their username for you AND send them a notification you have mentioned them.
They'll see that and respond to you.
minusculethumbsup2  you are doing Great!
(08-07-2019, 02:39 AM)WalksInSilence Wrote: ...Regarding avatars. I would like an alternative to Gordi's descriptive depiction of my personality. Although admiring the donkey greatly for it's endurance, stubbornness and absolute "cuteness" I do have another side. 

The easiest way for you to have your preferred avatar is to choose an image from anywhere and post it here (click here).
If you're unsure of which one, post them both or more and we'll see what magic we can do!

It may be a good idea to possibly relate a mood-style you'd like as well, if you wish and I'm confident we'll reach your goal.
minusculethumbsup
@"WalksInSilence" 
See!!  minusculehail @"BIAD"  

He,,,,,, She,,,,,,, Uhhhh Yes,,, Well the Red Dressed, Black Haired Beauty has taken you into,,,,, his,,,,,, her,,,,,, ahhhhh hands,,,, be careful  tinywhat
smallrofl