Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Sri Lanka's Explosions: Hotels & Christian Churches.
Here we go. I wonder if they'll call this tragedy a 'computer glitch' too!
The BBC's headline on the link is 'Scores die in Sri Lanka church attacks', which is to down-play the
actual immediate number to a glancing reader.

Quote:Sri Lanka explosions: 137 killed as churches and hotels targeted.

'At least 137 people have been killed and hundreds more injured in explosions at churches and
hotels in Sri Lanka, police and hospital sources say.

At least six explosions were reported. Three churches in Negombo, Batticaloa and Colombo's
Kochchikade district were targeted during Easter services. The Shangri-La, Cinnamon Grand
and Kingsbury hotels, all in Colombo, were also hit.

Easter Sunday is one of the major feasts in the Christian calendar.
No group has yet said it was responsible...'
BBC:

Sky News offers it with a bit more 'whoosh' in its timeline, although it steers towards the hotels being bombed
more than the churches.

Quote:Blasts at five-star hotels and churches in Sri Lanka kill at least 138

'At least 138 people have been killed and more than 400 injured following six simultaneous blasts across Sri Lanka, officials say.

Key Points
*At least 138 people have been killed and more than 400 injured following a series of simultaneous explosions in Sri Lanka
*A spokesman for a Colombo hospital says nine foreigners are among the dead
*Three churches and three hotels across the country were hit in near-simultaneous blasts on Easter Sunday
*One of the explosions ripped through St Anthony's Shrine in the capital Colombo, causing casualties among worshippers
SKY:

Oh, and don't read too-far into the fact that it is also Queen Elizabeth's ninety-third birthday today.
She doesn't own former-Ceylon anymore!

Quote:Suicide bombers kill more than 156 people and hurt 400 in 'targeted attack on Christians' on Easter Sunday
in Sri Lanka: Americans, British and Dutch among the dead in six blasts at churches and five-star hotels.

'At least 156 people are dead in an Easter Sunday terrorist attack targeting Christians in Sri Lanka after six explosions
ripped through high-end hotels and churches as suspected suicide bombers blew themselves up.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=5642]

The explosions injured as many as 500 people across the country, and 35 foreigners -from the UK, US and Netherlands
-are among the dead, sources say. Two of the blasts were suspected to have been carried out by suicide bombers,
according to one security official, who spoke on condition of anonymity as he was not authorised to speak with reporters.  

The official said at least 45 people had been killed in Colombo, where three hotels and a church were hit, along with another
67 in the church attack in Negombo, north of the capital, with another 25 dead at a church in the town of Batticaloa, in the
east of the country.  

The three hotels hit were the Shangri-La Colombo, Kingsbury Hotel in Colombo and the Cinnamon Grand Colombo...'
MailOnline:

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
It's been a couple of days and the death-count as risen dramatically.

At least 290 dead and over 500 injured, many in the blast were from all over the world.

Some twenty-four arrests have been made and the expression 'religious-extremists' is used.
Many of the mainstream news-outlets are reporting that Prime minister Wickremesinghe was
warned of the attacks two weeks before the explosions.

But nobody is saying who did the bombings, even if it was the radical Islamist group,
National Thowheeth Jama’ath.

Although some recent media providers -and thanks to Mystic again for the heads-up, are saying that:

Quote:'...Moulvi Zahran Hashim or Moulavi Zahran Hashim was a radical islamist Imam and preacher
who was identified as the suicide bomber at the Shangri-La Hotel, Colombo during the 2019
Sri Lanka Easter Bombings.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=5647]

Zahran Hashim was a prolific lecturer for National Tawheed Jamaath with several YouTube videos
that were still available on that platform as of 9.30pm GMT on 21 April 2019...'
Everipedia.org:

And they're still up...! But that's what happens when you're terrified of someone who has brown skin.

Which is a little disconcerting for me as my next-door neighbour -who has rented the house for
over five years, has decided to move after being married recently. Two days ago, a young Indian
man rode his bicycle up the middle of the road, stopped and began to take pictures of the house
next to mine.

I asked him what he was doing and after offering me a shred of crumpled-paper with the address
written on it, he asked me a question.
I assumed he was looking to rent the home and so, I was thrown by his query, Can you guess what
it was?

Here's a standard set. 'What's the neighbourhood like?' 'Have the current tenants been okay and kept
the property in a fair condition?' 
Nope... his first question was: "Are there any Catholic schools close by?"
tinyhuh

The whole thing is planed. The government knows that its going to happen, but lets it happen so as to kill Christians. Then the prearranged "terrorists" are arrested within 24 hours .
So the government supports the killers, its arranged that useless terrorists ( that have had little or nothing to do with the attack) are then given the chance to be "doing the will of God" which they will do happily and are rounded up by the police, the government get to show the world that they have reacted so fast and  got the killers . Every one is happy, except the dead Christians ,but they dont count.
The frighting thing is to a much smaller scale the same system is used in Europe. How many times have we read in Europe that 6 or 10 people have been arrested within hours of attacks. In Europe its done so the police units can get more money, and the muslims countries so Christians can be killed.
I cannot confirm that this  is true. If it is then it is just some more proof of what he is. The fact he cannot use the word Christian just makes me sick. Mods if this is false please remove

Quote:
Quote:[Image: 5g0FC8XX_normal.jpg]
[/url]Barack Obama

@BarackObama

The attacks on tourists and Easter worshippers in Sri Lanka are an attack on humanity. On a day devoted to love, redemption, and renewal, we pray for the victims and stand with the people of Sri Lanka.

5:02 PM - Apr 21, 2019
Twitter Ads info and privacy

99.5K people are talking about this

[url=https://twitter.com/BarackObama/status/1119964696810070017]
(04-22-2019, 11:04 AM)Wallfire Wrote: I cannot confirm that this  is true. If it is then it is just some more proof of what he is. The fact he cannot use the word Christian just makes me sick. Mods if this is false please remove

Quote:
Quote:[Image: 5g0FC8XX_normal.jpg]
[/url]Barack Obama

@BarackObama

The attacks on tourists and Easter worshippers in Sri Lanka are an attack on humanity. On a day devoted to love, redemption, and renewal, we pray for the victims and stand with the people of Sri Lanka.

5:02 PM - Apr 21, 2019
Twitter Ads info and privacy

[url=https://twitter.com/BarackObama/status/1119964696810070017]99.5K people are talking about this

From what I can gather -considering I don't use any of the social media conduits except RN, it's genuine.

I saw that supporters of Obama were saying he was steering clear of singling-out any particular doctrine as
Buddhists were also killed.
But this was quickly countered that it was a Christian church and not a Buddhist temple that was attacked.

In my humble opinion, I agree, he just can't bring himself to say it.
@"Wallfire" is right, they do know about these attacks in advance, as the article below shows you.

Quote:Harin Fernando, the Sri Lanka’s Minister of Telecommunications, Foreign Employment & Sports has published in a tweet today the image of an internal memo and report by the intelligence police warning of an imminent terror attack by an organisation called National Thawheed Jamath. (see tweet below)

“Some intelligence officers were aware of this incidence. Therefore there was a delay in action. What my father heard was also from an intelligence officer. Serious action need to be taken as to why this warning was ignored. I was in Badulla last night,” Minister Harin Fernando tweeted.

The letter signed by the Sri Lanka’s Deputy Inspector General of Police and dated on April 11 was addressed to a number of key officials in the security services including the Directors of the Ministerial Security Division (MSD), Former Presidents’ Security Division and the Ambassadors Security Division, reported DailyMirror.Lk.

The letter titled “Information of an alleged plan attack” said the state intelligence services had received information from a foreign intelligence service to the effect that Mohammed Zahran, the leader of National Thowheed Jamath was about to launch a suicide bomb attack in Sri Lanka targeting famous catholic churches and the Indian High Commission.
In the letter, the Deputy Inspector General requested the concerned authorities to pay attention to the information and to beef up the security provided to VIP personnel and to the locations.

Quote:Some intelligence officers were aware of this incidence. Therefore there was a delay in action. What my father heard was also from an intelligence officer. Serious action need to be taken as to why this warning was ignored. I was in Badulla last night pic.twitter.com/ssJyItJF1x
— Harin Fernando (@fernandoharin) April 21, 2019
It's obvious that this was a systematic design of a group to inflict terror on the non-Muslim peoples
of Sri Lanka and it seems other explosions were contained the day after the church and hotel bombings.

With the Notre Dame Cathedral being badly damaged and -as The Christian Broadcasting Network reported:

"According to the German news site PI-News, every day in France, two churches are desecrated.
They report 1,063 attacks on Christian churches or symbols like crucifixes, icons, and statues in
France in 2018, marking a 17 percent increase from the year before..."
SOURCE:

...it's also obvious a religious war is being urged. Considering it's St. George's Day here in the UK, the question
is, how long before the weak people in power stop placating to these people who hate the western white people
of diverse faiths and stand up for their rights?

Quote:Horrifying moment a white van explodes in a fireball in Sri Lanka as police try to defuse three bombs
inside a day after Easter Sunday terror attack

*Police inspected the vehicle after locals reported it had not moved since Sunday
*They tried to defuse it but it exploded in a fireball near one of bombed churches 
*The further blast today has heightened fears of still-undiscovered explosives

'This is the moment a white van exploded into flames today as Sri Lankan police searched the scene of the
Easter Sunday terror attack. Police found three bombs inside the vehicle after locals reported it had been
parked near St Anthony's Shrine, one of the bombing targets, since Sunday. 

They tried to defuse the weapons but they detonated instead and sent pedestrians fleeing in panic.  
No injuries were reported but the further blast on Monday has heightened fears of still-undiscovered explosives
on the streets of Colombo. 

Police found 12 detonators scattered at Colombo's main bus depot on Monday and hours later found another
75 detonators at a garbage dump in the same area. Footage captured the moment that the van exploded into
a fireball and sent debris scattering across the street.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=5651]

Special Task Force bomb squad officers had grown suspicious of the van after it reportedly had not moved since
the attacks. The shrine, as well as three five-star hotels which were attacked on Sunday, were popular with foreign
visitors.  

Sri Lanka's president has given the military sweeping war-time powers to arrest and detain suspects following the
co-ordinated bombings. On Monday, armed security personnel stood guard on street corners in central Colombo
that were largely deserted, with most shops closed. 

Suspicion has fallen on Islamic cleric Zahran Hashim as officials blamed a group called National Thowheed Jamaath
(NTJ) for the attacks. Sources in Sri Lanka described Hashim, reported by local media to be a radical cleric known for
posting incendiary YouTube videos, as the founder of NTJ.

No group has officially claimed responsibility for the blasts, but Sri Lankan police say NTJ were the subject of an intelligence
warning ten days before. The terror group is thought to have split off from another hardline Islamist organisation in the South
Asian country. 

Police sources said the terrorists who targeted the Shangri La hotel had 'pamphlets and paraphernalia' associated with
extremist Islamic ideology in their hotel room. Officials believe an 'international' terror group may have been involved, raising
fears that al-Qaeda or ISIS may have been behind the attacks.

ISIS fanatics have already praised the atrocities as revenge for the Christchurch mosques shooting, according to the SITE
Intelligence Group, which tracks extremist activity online...'
DailyMail:

They want war, and will keep pushing till they get it. In a religious war there is no sitting on the fence. The war will not only be religious but about culture and people will be forced to take sides. 
It will be a clear cut "them and us"
I wonder how long it will be till its known as "Some people did something"
(04-24-2019, 12:41 PM)Wallfire Wrote: I wonder how long it will be till its known as "Some people did something"

Oh it won't be long before Ilhan Omar opens her mouth again on Twitter and then say she's being
victimised!

On a slight change. Can anyone tell me if this footage is normal to track the way it does or is it
a wider shot just closed in on to later focus on the bomber? The reason I ask is that I find it odd
that usually, a CCTV camera is to monitor everyone and nobody in particular, unless there's a
suspect in-shot.

Very good point, put it together that TPTB knew this bombing would happen. One other point this bombing had very little or nothing to do with the Christchurch killings as there is noway they could of got the logistics together so fast. It had been planed for a long time
(04-24-2019, 01:02 PM)Wallfire Wrote: Very good point, put it together that TPTB knew this bombing would happen. One other point this bombing had very little or nothing to do with the Christchurch killings as there is noway they could of got the logistics together so fast. It had been planed for a long time

It certainly suspicious in the way it follows 'some kid' with a backpack in a place where many other similar-looking
people are moving around.

I'm with you WF, on the logistical problems and the bombing connection with Christchurch.
In fact, considering the past troubles with Tamils, setting up such a number of bombings of places that effect tourism
and westernised worship, would not be something these dumb-bastards below could knock-up in a couple of days.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=5656]