Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Does anyone use essential oils???
Hey all, boy this seems weird, to actually post a thread after all this time, albeit in chit chat.... minusculerolleyes

Anyhoo, I have been researching alternative natural healing ways for various things in my spare time. I doubt I can do much for Jim's dementia, but I am still open minded to anything. His body seems real touchy to changes and more times than not, causes a "messy" situation (literally) that I try to avoid. 

As for me, I am starting to take precautions being as I do not want to be like him and end up taking dozens of meds that I still to this day, blame for his dementia.
 All  I have is hypothyroidism, under control mind you,  but I've already started looking into supplements to help with that.

But I have been looking into essential oils to add as part of my regime. I have a co-worker who is into EO, and well she has lit a fire under my azz wanting to learn more.  minusculebiggrin

I found a site that had pretty good reviews for their oils plus reasonable prices called Revive. They have a nice variety of oils and I ordered some bottles today. Anxious to get them now and see if they really do make a difference.
(although, some people would probably laugh at me for collecting crystals)

I'm already a big fan of apple cider vinegar and coconut oil. Now I'm learning new tricks about turmeric (like whitening teeth when mixed with coconut oil.  Just better put gloves on so your hands don't turn yellow). 

There is also a 'Natural Health' group on FB that I have been learning much from, including colloidal silver. Now that sounds promising, but as I said, I'm new to some of this.

Any suggestions on what helps you that is a natural source?
 What do you take, for what and how much?

Inquiring minds --like mine-- want to know   smallgreensmoker

a.k.a. 'snarky412'

All are pretty good.
Sunflower Seeds, Grape W/Seeds and Pomegranate Juice.
Omega-3 and Fish oil.
Eat Beans and Greenery and Fish, Baked or Steamed and Red Meat Twice a Week.
Boil thin slices of Ginger in water, cool and drink three times a week.

Just some ideas.  minusculehello
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
I've also been seeing lots about essential oils, different ones for different things.  I haven't ordered any because I learned some of them can be poisonous to cats; don't know about dogs.  These are the ones used in aroma containers that sends steam into the air. Many of my friends swear by the oils. Maybe when I get rid of my cats soon I can try some.

As of the past couple of years, I've taken colloidal silver for inflammation, or anything that would require an antibiotic (prescribed by a doctor).  I tell them to keep their pharmaceuticals, I prefer the "natural" route.
Some people mix it with a liquid, but I just take a full-strength dropper full. It absorbs into the bloodstream quicker and better to put it under your tongue instead of down the throat. It's good for a large number of things, not just inflammation.  You can look it up to see everything it does. It's even good for toothaches; place a few drops directly on the tooth or around the gum.

For pain and cancer prevention I take Hemp oil. Same effects of CBD oil, but tastes better.  It's good for a number of different things too, including dementia, seizures, and anxiety.

I have all kinds of natural products on hand, but I don't take them everyday, as I should. One being Selenium. It's good for a healthy thyroid and immune system.
I have Iodine for the thyroid too. I get mine from the Info Wars Store, called Survival Shield X-2.   I may not follow Alex anymore, but I can say they do sell some of the best products I've found. You have to be careful when buying iodine to ingest into the body, so be careful when choosing a product. Follow label directions.

I take Vitamin D and Magnesium, which everyone needs today because our bodies no longer make sufficient amounts from the crappy food we buy in stores. It's also very important to use in the winter when we're not getting as much sun.

When I start feeling low on energy, I take Vitamin B-12. It always gives me a boost of energy. I take one dropper full.

I use garlic pills and Omega3 Krill Oil to lower cholesterol.

And then, of course, I have turmeric in my spice shelf. I sprinkle it on my salads mostly. It really does make a difference in joint pain.

I just bought a bottle of Detox Burn Xtreme to rid my body of the toxins that we're exposed to from chemtrails, GMO foods, etc.
I haven't started on them yet; I keep forgetting.  Shame on me!  But, in my defense, I've only had them sitting here for 3 days.

I have more things in my "natural" medicine shelf, but I only listed the ones I take on a fairly regular basis.

Two years ago I was in need of a knee replacement. I had to use a walker to get around. After starting on these natural remedies, my knee is almost healed on it's own. I get around pretty well these days with no help from a walker, and my pain level (on a scale of 1 - 10 ) has gone from a 9  down to around a 2 on most days. I'm enjoying being able to walk longer distances as time passes too.

I hope this helps. tinybiggrin
(01-22-2019, 04:04 AM)guohua Wrote: All are pretty good.
Sunflower Seeds, Grape W/Seeds and Pomegranate Juice.
Omega-3 and Fish oil.
Eat Beans and Greenery and Fish, Baked or Steamed and Red Meat Twice a Week.
Boil thin slices of Ginger in water, cool and drink three times a week.

Just some ideas.  minusculehello

*taking notes*

Yeah Jim's appetite any more, isn't all that great. I did some research on Amazon, looking for a decent, plant-based vitamin supplement for Men over 50. Found one with pretty good reviews, good content including ginkgo and ginseng, that didn't cost an arm and leg.

So far, his body is tolerating it. Of course, cannot tell if it helps or not. But at least he should be getting the nutrients he is missing not eating properly.

I've been trying to get him to eat a couple teaspoons of coconut oil each day as well. To him, it's like a treat, so that works for me.
And I've been putting a few drops of iodine into his cranberry juice every morning (mine too).

He just keeps de-evolving into a little kid.
No aggressiveness or hallucinations. Only mild sun downing from time to time (grouchy after the sun goes down). 

If he ever does show aggression towards me, I will definitely get some hemp oil. May get some anyway.

a.k.a. 'snarky412'

Quote:For pain and cancer prevention I take Hemp oil. Same effects of CBD oil, but tastes better.  It's good for a number of different things too, including dementia, seizures, and anxiety. 

The website, Revive Oils, has some Hemp oil that was pretty reasonable. I've read good things about that. 
Will order some next time for sure.

Quote:I have Iodine for the thyroid too. I get mine from the Info Wars Store, called Survival Shield X-2.  

I may not follow Alex anymore, but I can say they do sell some of the best products s. I've found. You have to be careful when buying iodine to ingest into the body, so be careful when choosing a product. Follow label direction

I do use that now.

The taste reminds me of when I was a kid and had to use Anbesol (sp?) on cankersores that I got from my braces rubbing the inside of my cheeks/gums.
Talk about flash back city. LOL (when I put in 9 oz of water)

Quote:As of the past couple of years, I've taken colloidal silver for inflammation, or anything that would require an antibiotic (prescribed by a doctor).  I tell them to keep their pharmaceuticals, I prefer the "natural" route. 

Some people mix it with a liquid, but I just take a full-strength dropper full. It absorbs into the bloodstream quicker and better to put it under your tongue instead of down the throat. It's good for a large number of things, not just inflammation.  You can look it up to see everything it does. It's even good for toothaches; place a few drops directly on the tooth or around the gum.

This here ^^^^^^  is what I want to learn more about.

One of the health groups I belong to on FB, sells the machine to where one can make their own CS.
Pretty interesting actually.

Something I am seriously considering, but time is an issue for me  (as you all know too well)  being as they say it may take several hours to make.

a.k.a. 'snarky412'

Thanks for the suggestions!!   minusculethumbsup

I'm slowly getting knowledgeable about the natural stuff. Never too old to learn new things!!  minusculebiggrin

a.k.a. 'snarky412'

Well, I've got 3 bitty little bottles of essential oils that my son sent to me for some malady or another, but I've never used them... never could figure out HOW they are supposed to be used. I've also got one of those hickey-doos - I dunno what you call 'em... aerator, vaporizer, steamer... whatever the hell it is, but I've never been able to figure that bugger out, either. I guess the oil goes into it somehow, magic happens, and I'm healthy again, but just how that's supposed to happen is beyond my ken.

The internet, for all of it's vast knowledge, was no help at all in figuring them out. About all I could gather from hours of research was that I shouldn't feed certain ones to my cat. Something about toxicity and cat livers. The word "toxicity" in connection with them was not very inspiring, though.

So I HAVE them, but have never USED them through lack of knowledge.

I eat onions to control blood pressure, and at my age it ought to be through the roof (especially considering the amount of pig and other cholesterol-laden stuff I wolf down), but it usually rides around 90/122, so I'm not in danger of exploding like an over-ripe grape anytime soon. Onions and garlic are both good for the blood, and about everything connected with it.

I use catnip tea for nerve problems like anxiety and whatnot - just whatever riles your nerves up - and It keeps my hands pretty steady. It seems to have worked wonders for my second wife's mood swings during pregnancy - she didn't kill me, at least, and without the catnip I'm not sure I'd still be here.

I drink sassafras tea in the spring. It's been a "spring tonic" around these parts for centuries. Right now is the time to be grubbing the roots up for it, as all the active bits have been driven down into the roots by the cold. Winter weather causes sap to drop in trees and concentrate in the roots. I just put about a gallon pot of water on the stove and chuck in the root(s). Keep it hot but not boiling, and after a few hours presto!. I can usually get about 3 batches out of a root before it's spent. Caution may be warranted, as some folks have a pretty dim view of saffrole, the active ingredient, and scream to high heaven that it'll kill ya, but I'm still kicking pretty high for all of that.

I use peppermint, in tea form, for stomach problems. Ginseng is good for that, too, as well as other manly stuff. Some of the old timers around here used to carry a root in their pocket and chew on it as necessary, but that's dangerous these days as the law will nail you for possession out of season... for them that gives a damn about the law, anyhow. Not many people around here use it any more - they're all hell-bent-for-leather to dig it up and sell it for giant American dollars. When I was a kid it would bring about 60 or 70 dollars a pound, but the price is through the roof now, and last i checked it was about 7 or 8 HUNDRED dollars a pound. I never sell it, and if I dig any, I plant the berries back to get more. I know where there is a patch of red ginseng, the good stuff, about twice as big as a truck bed, but I ain't tellin' - I'd rather it not vanish to some jackass's greed one dark and stormy night. That patch has been carefully tended for years and years now, and it'd be a shame for it to go POOF! and disappear.

I've occasionally found another plant around here called "blood root" or "red puccoon" which is curious. I don't recall what it's good for, but it's pretty potent stuff - 15 mg will do you for whatever it's good for. I always found it to be curious because when you dig the root, and snap it in two when it's fresh, it looks like it's bleeding. It looks just like leaking capillaries.

I ran into one plant  way up in the mountain that looked exactly like catnip, but was a lighter yellowish green in the leaf. Didn't know what it was, so I plucked a leaf and shredded it to smell it, and damned if it didn't smell exactly like lemons! Some one said it was something called "verbena", but I don't know if it has any uses or not. I've never seen any other than that one, single, solitary plant way up in the back of nowhere.

Back when I thrashed around in the woods a lot more, I always carried a snake bite kit that consisted of a knife, an onion, and a salt shaker, all wrapped in a shop rag. Dad always swore by it, and said if you dice the onion, mix in the salt, wrap it all in the rag, and slap it on a snake bite, it would draw the poison out. He claimed to have used it on snake-bit dogs, and said that the onion would turn as green as grass when it drew the poison out, and that the swelling from the bite would be considerably less than expected, and the patient would heal just fine. I can't swear to that, as I never had to use it - me and my dogs both always got the snakes before they got us.

Now, as a wound dressing, I did used to use lard, salt, and tobacco (I generally used Copenhagen, but I suppose any tobacco would do) as a poultice, mixed in about equal parts. Never got an infection from a wound when I used it, and it seemed to accelerate healing.

I prescribed valerian root for Grace's back pain. She uses it, and says it works. that's to be expected, I suppose, since valerian root is where they got valium from originally, and valium is used to control muscle spasms in the back that produce pain. Valerian root can be got at Walmart in capsules. Arnica, as a topical gel, works for back pain, too. I rub it on for Grace a lot, and it works. You can get it in tubes at Walmart.

I shy away from colloidal silver since I found out that it turns some folks skin bright blue when ingested. While blue IS my favorite color, I have no urge to BE blue.

I'll sit and ponder, see if I can recall anything else I've used out of these woods - there has been plenty. I never, ever went to a doctor when I was growing up, I just doctored myself out of the woods. Since then, the only time I've been to doctors was in the event of large wounds, and even then I had to be talked into it, since I am convinced that I can take better care of myself than a doctor can, and cheaper, too. I just about took a finger off with a wedding ring once, and when the boss found me I was trying to cut the ring the rest of the way off with a pair of tin snips - he made me go to the hospital, or else I would have handled it myself. Doc did the same thing I would have - cut the ring off, put everything back where it was supposed to be, and wrapped and splinted the finger. I don't see what I gained by going, but if the boss wanted to foot the bill, that was his prerogative I reckon. The doctor's splint WAS prettier, I guess.

I've put my own stitches in while folks were screaming at me to get to a doctor - they really ought not to do that, as it affects the concentration, and as a result I've got some scars and mis-matched skin edges where I might not have if they'd let me concentrate on the job at hand.

The last time I went to a doctor, Grace talked me into it. Went to the emergency room, and that visit lasted 90 minutes, a doctor cut about a quarter inch slot in me and let me bleed a while more, and I was done. It didn't improve anything, cost us 5500 bucks, and the doctor tried to talk me into going to a surgeon - that wasn't about to happen. I went home and fixed it my damned self, and if I hadn't gone to the hospital I'd have fixed it my damned self anyhow, with the added bonus of not cutting slots in myself and bleeding a while.

Doctors is funny folk, and the woods are friendlier... and cheaper.
Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Afterthoughts - I see coconut mentioned. I use that as creamer in coffee, and it keeps the heartburn down - and heartburn is currently the bane of my existence. I also have some tea here with coconut in it as a creamer. If Jim drinks either of those - or if you can get creative in it's use - it might be easier to get it down him without fuss.

Hemp oil - when I was in Kansas City, you could get whole hemp seeds in bags in the grocery stores for use as things like a garnish in salads, and the seeds are where the oil comes from. I also got a carton of hemp milk there once, just to try it out, and it wasn't half bad. I don't know how available those may be in your area, though. Some places are funny about all things hemp. Here, you can get crushed hemp seed in grocery stores (it's in the section where you find quinoa, chia, etc), but nary a carton of hemp milk to be found.
Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

@"senona", @"Mystic Wanderer" , @"Ninurta" 
Coconut is Great used in any form, the coconut water is great for drinking and the coconut skin is good for you.
I'll add this for Coconut Oil.
 Published studies in medical journals show that coconut products provide a wide range of health benefits including the following:

Anti-viral, Anti-bacterial, Anti-fungal/yeast, Anti-parasitic: treats influenza, respiratory infections, urinary tract infections, gum disease, ringworm, athlete’s foot, thrush, diaper rash, tapeworms and lice.

Boosts energy and endurance, enhancing physical and athletic performance; it also helps relieve symptoms associated with chronic fatigue syndrome.

Promotes better absorption of vitamins, minerals, and amino acids.

Helps relieve symptoms and reduce health risks associated with diabetes by improves insulin secretion and utilization of blood glucose.

Reduces symptoms associated with pancreatitis by relieves stress on pancreas and enzyme systems of the body.

Helps protect against osteoporosis and other bone disorders by improving calcium and magnesium absorption

Reduces inflammation and supports tissue healing and repair.

Boosts immune system function.

Is heart healthy: Improves cholesterol ratio reducing risk of heart disease, and protects against atherosclerosis.

Functions as an Antioxidant, protecting the body from harmful free radicals that promote premature aging and degenerative disease.  It does not deplete the body’s antioxidant reserves like other oils do.

Helps treat and prevent obesity and overweight problems: Is lower in calories than all other fats and actually promotes weight loss by increasing metabolic rate, being utilized by the body to produce energy rather than being stored as body fat like many other dietary fats.

Supports the natural ph/chemical balance of the skin, softens skin and helps relieve dryness and flaking, prevents wrinkles, sagging skin, and age spots, promotes healthy complexion, provides UV protection from the sun, promotes healthy looking hair and controls dandruff.

Has no harmful or discomforting side effects and is completely non-toxic to humans.

One of my favorite properties of coconut oil in particular is that it is very heat stable, making it an excellent cooking oil for high temperatures. Coconut oil resists creating high-heat carcinogens, meaning you can cook with it at higher temperatures without poisoning your food as often happens with corn oil, soybean oil or other cheap, low-end vegetable oils.  

Also, because of its stability, it is slow to oxidize and thus resistant to rancidity, lasting up to two years at room temperature.

Coconut oil was once mistakenly believed to be unhealthy because of its high saturated fat content, but now, it’s reputation has been fully-redeemed.  
It was discovered that the fat in coconut oil is different from most all other fats and possesses healing properties way beyond that of any other dietary oil.

JMHO
I'd like to add to my above post.
Follow this Link Here and read more about Traditional Chinese Medicine and Essential oils.
@"guohua", I've been meaning to buy some coconut oil; I keep forgetting when I'm in a store that sells it. I need to write it on my list... if I can remember while I'm making out my list.   tinyfunny

My son-in-law stayed here a couple of years ago while they were looking for a house, and he swore by it.
I've always had rather oily skin, but since I've aged, my skin is so dry and flaky, I'm definitely going to have to get some. I haven't been able to find a good lotion that helps that much.

I need to read up more on it and how to use it for different things.

minusculethumbsup
Hmm... okay.  So I mentioned in the post above that I have been meaning to buy some coconut oil. I have also been interested in trying this product called C60 Purple Power. And, guess what?  It has coconut oil in it.   tinybiggrin (Also available in avocado oil.)

This is a rather new product on the market that helps fight all kinds of things. It prolongs the life of Telomeres, which prolongs life expectancy.

I listen to You Are Free TV, which is a great show.  Tonight she has her sponsor on the show talking about C60 Purple Power, and he goes over everything it does, where it comes from, how it works, etc.

All of us can benefit from this product.  I'll be ordering some soon. Listen to all of it, please.

@"senona",  I learned about this guy a few years ago. He has great information on how to heal the body. I subscribed to his emails and get some great information.

Here are some good books you might like, especially the one on the thyroid, since you said you were looking for info on that.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=5151]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Hey @"Ninurta" , gosh I miss reading your posts. LOL

Quote:I eat onions to control blood pressure, and at my age it ought to be through the roof (especially considering the amount of pig and other cholesterol-laden stuff I wolf down), but it usually rides around 90/122, so I'm not in danger of exploding like an over-ripe grape anytime soon. Onions and garlic are both good for the blood, and about everything connected with it.

I recall reading something about that a while back and thought along with controlling blood pressure, maybe it would also keep the vampires at bay.  

Seriously tho, very good health benefits indeed.

I don't eat as much onions as I used to since Jim's appetite has changed, but luckily my blood pressure is not bad either.

Quote:Well, I've got 3 bitty little bottles of essential oils that my son sent to me for some malady or another, but I've never used them... never could figure out HOW they are supposed to be used. I've also got one of those hickey-doos - I dunno what you call 'em... aerator, vaporizer, steamer... whatever the hell it is, but I've never been able to figure that bugger out, either. I guess the oil goes into it somehow, magic happens, and I'm healthy again, but just how that's supposed to happen is beyond my ken.

The internet, for all of it's vast knowledge, was no help at all in figuring them out. About all I could gather from hours of research was that I shouldn't feed certain ones to my cat. Something about toxicity and cat livers. The word "toxicity" in connection with them was not very inspiring, though.

So I HAVE them, but have never USED them through lack of knowledge.

Well, I'm fixin' to find out if there is any truth to the use of EO.

I finally did find that one website that explains what each one does, how to use it and what you can mix it with.
They even have some for dogs.  tinysurprised
Go figure.

My dog can settle for ACV in his water. He ain't gettin no damn fancy EO.

Quote:I prescribed valerian root for Grace's back pain. She uses it, and says it works. that's to be expected, I suppose, since valerian root is where they got valium from originally, and valium is used to control muscle spasms in the back that produce pain. Valerian root can be got at Walmart in capsules. Arnica, as a topical gel, works for back pain, too. I rub it on for Grace a lot, and it works. You can get it in tubes at Walmart.

Good to know I can get it at Walmart.

BTW, how is Grace doing? Is her back better? 

Quote:I'll sit and ponder, see if I can recall anything else I've used out of these woods - there has been plenty. I never, ever went to a doctor when I was growing up, I just doctored myself out of the woods. Since then, the only time I've been to doctors was in the event of large wounds, and even then I had to be talked into it, since I am convinced that I can take better care of myself than a doctor can, and cheaper, too. I just about took a finger off with a wedding ring once, and when the boss found me I was trying to cut the ring the rest of the way off with a pair of tin snips - he made me go to the hospital, or else I would have handled it myself. Doc did the same thing I would have - cut the ring off, put everything back where it was supposed to be, and wrapped and splinted the finger. I don't see what I gained by going, but if the boss wanted to foot the bill, that was his prerogative I reckon. The doctor's splint WAS prettier, I guess. 

I've put my own stitches in while folks were screaming at me to get to a doctor - they really ought not to do that, as it affects the concentration, and as a result I've got some scars and mis-matched skin edges where I might not have if they'd let me concentrate on the job at hand.

I know one thing....if I ever get your way to go hiking or what have ya, I'm looking your azz up to be my guide!!

a.k.a. 'snarky412'

(01-22-2019, 07:07 AM)Ninurta Wrote: Afterthoughts - I see coconut mentioned. I use that as creamer in coffee, and it keeps the heartburn down - and heartburn is currently the bane of my existence. I also have some tea here with coconut in it as a creamer. If Jim drinks either of those - or if you can get creative in it's use - it might be easier to get it down him without fuss.

Hemp oil - when I was in Kansas City, you could get whole hemp seeds in bags in the grocery stores for use as things like a garnish in salads, and the seeds are where the oil comes from. I also got a carton of hemp milk there once, just to try it out, and it wasn't half bad. I don't know how available those may be in your area, though. Some places are funny about all things hemp. Here, you can get crushed hemp seed in grocery stores (it's in the section where you find quinoa, chia, etc), but nary a carton of hemp milk to be foundOh I love my coconut 

Oh I love my organic coconut oil!!

I get the brand 'Nutiva' at GNC, which is supposed to be one of the best.
Although I saw that Amazon carries it too. But figured GNC might be fresher. Dunno.

I use it for lotion, for oil pulling, my hair,  cooking back when I cooked. Just about anything I can think of.
Eat it straight out of the bottle. Love the taste.

Actually Jim liked it when I gave it to him the other day. I'm just doing his slowly so his body can adjust to it.

Yeah down here in Louisiana, no hemp stuff offered anywhere that I have found.
Hmmmm, hemp milk? That sounds interesting.

a.k.a. 'snarky412'

(01-23-2019, 02:23 AM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: @"senona",  I learned about this guy a few years ago. He has great information on how to heal the body. I subscribed to his emails and get some great information.

Here are some good books you might like, especially the one on the thyroid, since you said you were looking for info on that.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=5151]

Oh nice. Thanks!!   minusculethumbsup

a.k.a. 'snarky412'

(01-23-2019, 01:33 AM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: Hmm... okay.  So I mentioned in the post above that I have been meaning to buy some coconut oil. I have also been interested in trying this product called C60 Purple Power. And, guess what?  It has coconut oil in it.   tinybiggrin (Also available in avocado oil.)

This is a rather new product on the market that helps fight all kinds of things. It prolongs the life of Telomeres, which prolongs life expectancy.

I listen to You Are Free TV, which is a great show.  Tonight she has her sponsor on the show talking about C60 Purple Power, and he goes over everything it does, where it comes from, how it works, etc.

All of us can benefit from this product.  I'll be ordering some soon. Listen to all of it, please.

Just keep an eye out for any added ingredients that are not part of natural ingerdients.

That has been what I run into.
Other ingredients that ruins the "la natural" selling point.

a.k.a. 'snarky412'

(01-22-2019, 08:11 AM)guohua Wrote: @"senona", @"Mystic Wanderer" , @"Ninurta" 
Coconut is Great used in any form, the coconut water is great for drinking and the coconut skin is good for you.
I'll add this for Coconut Oil.
 Published studies in medical journals show that coconut products provide a wide range of health benefits including the following:

Anti-viral, Anti-bacterial, Anti-fungal/yeast, Anti-parasitic: treats influenza, respiratory infections, urinary tract infections, gum disease, ringworm, athlete’s foot, thrush, diaper rash, tapeworms and lice.

Boosts energy and endurance, enhancing physical and athletic performance; it also helps relieve symptoms associated with chronic fatigue syndrome.

Promotes better absorption of vitamins, minerals, and amino acids.

Helps relieve symptoms and reduce health risks associated with diabetes by improves insulin secretion and utilization of blood glucose.

Reduces symptoms associated with pancreatitis by relieves stress on pancreas and enzyme systems of the body.

Helps protect against osteoporosis and other bone disorders by improving calcium and magnesium absorption

Reduces inflammation and supports tissue healing and repair.

Boosts immune system function.

Is heart healthy: Improves cholesterol ratio reducing risk of heart disease, and protects against atherosclerosis.

Functions as an Antioxidant, protecting the body from harmful free radicals that promote premature aging and degenerative disease.  It does not deplete the body’s antioxidant reserves like other oils do.

Helps treat and prevent obesity and overweight problems: Is lower in calories than all other fats and actually promotes weight loss by increasing metabolic rate, being utilized by the body to produce energy rather than being stored as body fat like many other dietary fats.

Supports the natural ph/chemical balance of the skin, softens skin and helps relieve dryness and flaking, prevents wrinkles, sagging skin, and age spots, promotes healthy complexion, provides UV protection from the sun, promotes healthy looking hair and controls dandruff.

Has no harmful or discomforting side effects and is completely non-toxic to humans.

One of my favorite properties of coconut oil in particular is that it is very heat stable, making it an excellent cooking oil for high temperatures. Coconut oil resists creating high-heat carcinogens, meaning you can cook with it at higher temperatures without poisoning your food as often happens with corn oil, soybean oil or other cheap, low-end vegetable oils.  

Also, because of its stability, it is slow to oxidize and thus resistant to rancidity, lasting up to two years at room temperature.

Coconut oil was once mistakenly believed to be unhealthy because of its high saturated fat content, but now, it’s reputation has been fully-redeemed.  
It was discovered that the fat in coconut oil is different from most all other fats and possesses healing properties way beyond that of any other dietary oil.

JMHO

Oh you don't have to sell me, I am a firm believer in coconut oil.

I cannot live without it anymore, it has become a part of my daily life.

It has so many health benefits, both internally as well as externally.
Love it!!

a.k.a. 'snarky412'

Quote:I finally did find that one website that explains what each one does, how to use it and what you can mix it with.

They even have some for dogs.  [Image: tinysurprised.png]

@"senona", do you have a link to that site?   I'd like to read up on that too.
(01-23-2019, 04:04 AM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote:
Quote:I finally did find that one website that explains what each one does, how to use it and what you can mix it with.

They even have some for dogs.  [Image: tinysurprised.png]

@"senona", do you have a link to that site?   I'd like to read up on that too.

Yeah, it's the same one I posted above for Revive EO

Their site looks nicer on the big computer screen over my tiny phone. LOL

They have a pretty large variety of oils, sold individually.
Or as kits.

a.k.a. 'snarky412'