Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What you going to do when the Earth Shifts?
What Are You going to do?
They say that we'll lose cell phones and I think the youngsters today that depend on their phone to survive every minute of the day.
Then you have TV, yes you'll miss your programs, can you live with out Game Of Thrones, The Walking dead or even The Wheel of Fortune?

There are people that need GPS just to drive to work everyday, their memories are Shit! They are so dependent of Technology.
Oh,,,, What am I talking about that well happen that'll Fuck-Up Most People's lives???? Pole Shifts.
Yes the earths Magnetic poles shifting and reversing and this won't all happen in a minute, no, I think it could take a long time.

Yes it's going to happen, are You Prepared? This could occur in the next 10 to 20 years,,,, WAIT!
Yes here is a must watch video.
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
Well if it happens in the next 10 to 20 years its not something I need to worry about  minusculebiggrin minusculebeercheers
(10-16-2018, 07:54 AM)Wallfire Wrote: Well if it happens in the next 10 to 20 years its not something I need to worry about  minusculebiggrin minusculebeercheers

Don't say that, I'm older and can bet, you and I will be here for this event.  minusculebeercheers
from 2015 data set:

The main thing IMO is when we are going into the flip (kinda doing that now) and the earths magnetic strength is at its' weakest....... if we get hit by a solar flare then it is lights out for no telling how long..world wide..

Non headline events can cause big problems for the grid
A magnetic pole shift shouldn't affect GPS service, since the satellites are independent of the magnetic field. The end-user usually has to calculate magnetic declination if he's using GPS in conjunction with map and compass. The GPS service is oriented on geographical north rather than magnetic, and you have to make use of the declination diagram in the margin of topo maps to navigate via GPS and compass on the map surface.

Of greater concern is the weakened field, which most think is a precursor to a magnetic flip. That weakened field doesn't trap charged particles as effectively, and a solar burst during the time of a weakened magnetic field could fry electronics on the surface, potentially even closing down the power grid for years. We don't have enough equipment stockpiled to replace fried components, and without the power to produce more after the fact, it could be a long road home.

A few days ago NOAA sent me a provisional updated dataset for the world magnetic model that has not been released publicly yet. That is concerning.

A couple of years ago I created an animation showing recent change in the position of magnetic north, from 1590 to present. The magnetic pole spent centuries meandering around a small area, then about 20 or 30 years ago it started galloping in a straight line from it's position towards Russia, picking up speed as it goes, so I wouldn't be at all surprised if a flip occurs in the very near future.

You'll have to update the declination diagram on all of your topo maps by hand with a pen and protractor if/when that happens.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

@"727Sky" 
In one of the videos, it tells about how places on Earth will be uninhabitable because of Radiation from the Sun.
Just another thing to think about. A magnetic pole shift is not the same thing as a geographic pole shift. The Earth's spin poles remain the same as they have always been, and only the magnetic field generated by the Earth's still molten core shifts. this means the stars will stay in the same positions they always have - factoring in the changes due to polar precession. With the advent of technology and GPS, navigating by the stars is becoming a lost art...

... maybe we shouldn't lose it, or allow it to die out altogether. Just a random thought I had.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

(10-16-2018, 07:01 PM)guohua Wrote: @"727Sky" 
In one of the videos, it tells about how places on Earth will be uninhabitable because of Radiation from the Sun.

The Earth's magnetic field is all that protects us from the suns radiation (worse case solar flare) gamma and galactic X-Rays ..

Remember how the people living at the tip of south America have a much higher cancer rate due to the southern magnetic field anomaly and what used to be called the ozone hole ?

So all we can do is hope the field is not confuse for so long as to lead to an extinction event.
The earth has flipped its poles many times in its history, the question is will we survive this one, who knows. But Im sure the UN will soon write a paper saying its because of man made CO2
Won't it all just tumble out of the bottom of the planet?

Er, sorry ignore this, I reread the title of the thread and it says 'shifts' -not what I thought it said.
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
(10-18-2018, 03:56 PM)BIAD Wrote: Won't it all just tumble out of the bottom of the planet?

Er, sorry ignore this, I reread the title of the thread and it says 'shifts' -not what I thought it said.

Your eye sight and mind are so keen I am not worthy !! minusculebiggrin minusculebeercheers tinybiggrin
(10-19-2018, 06:57 AM)727Sky Wrote: Your eye sight and mind are so keen I am not worthy !! minusculebiggrin minusculebeercheers tinybiggrin

I apologise Sky, there are occasions when Boy In A Dress sneaks onto my laptop and does his thing.
I've told him to grow-up, but he just pushes out his chest in revolt and says I don't understand because
I've never enjoyed the hobby of touching batteries with my tongue.

As I write this, he's now outside standing in a bucket and washing himself.
It's a process.
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
(10-18-2018, 03:56 PM)BIAD Wrote: Won't it all just tumble out of the bottom of the planet?

And because the Earth is a "She" it would smell like [Image: giphy.gif?cid=3640f6095bc2d0ac6b4d6f4351e6584e]
(10-24-2018, 06:27 AM)727Sky Wrote:
Your video did say,,,,, This video is release about 14 months Prior to the pole shift.
Do the know when it's going to happen?
BUMPITY BUMP.
Quote:Earth’s magnetic pole is on the move, fast. And we don’t know why

Earth’s magnetic field is what allows us to exist. It deflects harmful radiation. It keeps our water and atmosphere in place. But now it’s acting up — and nobody knows why.
Don't you think it's the Poles Shifting?
[Image: a4810108018c2b204e552ed5e4529cd4?width=650]
Quote:Planet Earth is alive. Deep beneath its skin, its life blood — rivers of molten iron — pulse around its core. And this mobile iron is what generates the magnetic field that causes auroras — and keeps us alive.

But, according to the science journal Nature, something strange is going on deep down below.
It’s causing the magnetic North Pole to ‘skitter’ away from Canada, towards Siberia.
“The magnetic pole is moving so quickly that it has forced the world’s geomagnetism experts into a rare move,” Nature reports.
So? The Poles are shifting, but I guess a little to fast for them. They expect Mother Earth to follow their Guidelines and Predictions.
IDIOTS!

Quote:On January 30 (delayed due to the US Government shutdown), the World Magnetic Model — which governs modern navigation systems — is due to undergo an urgent update.

This model is a vital component of systems ranging from geopositioning systems used to navigate ships through to smartphone trackers and maps.

The current model was expected to be valid until 2020. But the magnetic pole began to shift so quickly, it was realised in 2018 that the model had to be fixed — now.  

“They realised that it was so inaccurate that it was about to exceed the acceptable (safe) limit for navigational errors,” Nature reports.
 OMG 
Quote:FICKLE TIDES

Every year, geophysicists from the US National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) and the British Geological Survey do a check on how the Earth’s magnetic field is varying.

This is necessary as the liquid iron churning in the Earth’s core does not move in a consistent manner.

“In 2016, for instance, part of the magnetic field temporarily accelerated deep under northern South America and the eastern Pacific Ocean,” Nature reports.

This shift was captured by satellites.
[Image: f5e59011d37e9b8c697fd87d9e183bf5?width=650]
Quote:But the movement of the north magnetic pole has been the object of study since 1831. Initially, it was tracked moving into the Arctic Ocean at a rate of about 15km each year.

But, since the mid 1990s, it has picked up speed.

It’s now shifting at a rate of about 55km a year.

But another recent study has revealed the Earth’s magnetic field has been acting up now for some 1000 years.
OMG  :mediumomg: It's OUR FAULT!!!!! Call Al Gore, we need a Tax to fix this, Mother Earth is Upset and needs Money!!!!!
Quote:CORE OF THE MATTER

Why the magnetic field is shifting so dramatically is unknown.
“Geomagnetic pulses, like the one that happened in 2016, might be traced back to ‘hydromagnetic’ waves arising from deep in the core,” Nature reports. “And the fast motion of the north magnetic pole could be linked to a high-speed jet of liquid iron beneath Canada”.

This fast-flowing molten river appears to be weakening the magnetic influence of the iron core beneath North America.
DOOM and GLOOM!!!!

Quote:“The location of the north magnetic pole appears to be governed by two large-scale patches of magnetic field, one beneath Canada and one beneath Siberia,” Phil Livermore of the University of Leeds told an American Geophysical Union meeting. “The Siberian patch is winning the competition.”

And, as global warming opens up more shipping lanes to the north of Russia and Canada, this presents a potentially deadly problem.

“The fact that the pole is going fast makes this region more prone to large errors,” says Arnaud Chulliat, a geomagnetist at the University of Colorado Boulder and NOAA.
Source
There it is,,,,,,,,, Global Warming!  minusculespooked  That is the Problem, Call Old Ale Gore we need to be rescued by padding his pockets and the UN's.
Is this publication sponsored by Al Gore?
Probably not related to electromagnetic shifting, but something strange happened here the other day. I didn't want to do a thread based just on a question I have, so I'll ask it here.

Day before yesterday I looked outside as the sun was setting and was surprised to see it was much further toward the east than usual. Actually, I don't remember ever seeing it set that far over from where it usually is.  I pondered on it for a few minutes then went back to my desk befuddled.

Then last night I looked out again at sunset (I like to see if there are any pretty clouds in the sky at sunset) and the sun was setting back where it usually does this time of year.  It was much further west from my vantage point than the previous night. I was looking out the same window as the night before.

I have no rational explanation for this. It kind of scared me.   tinyhuh

Any ideas what could have caused this?  I'm still at a loss.
(01-11-2019, 06:15 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: Probably not related to electromagnetic shifting, but something strange happened here the other day. I didn't want to do a thread based just on a question I have, so I'll ask it here.

Day before yesterday I looked outside as the sun was setting and was surprised to see it was much further toward the east than usual. Actually, I don't remember ever seeing it set that far over from where it usually is.  I pondered on it for a few minutes then went back to my desk befuddled.

Then last night I looked out again at sunset (I like to see if there are any pretty clouds in the sky at sunset) and the sun was setting back where it usually does this time of year.  It was much further west from my vantage point than the previous night. I was looking out the same window as the night before.

It probably isn't connected, you're right, BUT, I couldn't find the Original Thread I was looking to BUMP.

It's is important to get his out there. They had to mention Global Warming, like it was connected in some way.
They need to show me the actual real time photographs that a there are Shipping Lanes opening up and causing a Problem because of Global Warming and the Pole Shifting.
(01-11-2019, 09:19 PM)guohua Wrote:
(01-11-2019, 06:15 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: Probably not related to electromagnetic shifting, but something strange happened here the other day. I didn't want to do a thread based just on a question I have, so I'll ask it here.

It probably isn't connected, you're right, BUT, I couldn't find the Original Thread I was looking to BUMP.

It's is important to get his out there. They had to mention Global Warming, like it was connected in some way.
They need to show me the actual real time photographs that a there are Shipping Lanes opening up and causing a Problem because of Global Warming and the Pole Shifting.

I wasn't referring to your post when I said it probably wasn't connected; I meant what I was posting wasn't connected.  Sorry for the confusion.   tinybiggrin
@"Mystic Wanderer"  Not a problem.  smallgreennumberone