Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
You're the owner...whaddaya do ??
[Image: b93634f83eef379f2ef7722269b1b5fc]

Quote:A German triathlete reportedly ate around 100 plates of sushi in one sitting last weekend, getting himself banned from an all-you-can-eat restaurant.

All you can eat.

A hundred plates. Let that sink in for a minute...

Quote:According to German website The Local, bodybuilder-turned-Ironman Jaroslav Bobrowski is on an extreme diet wherein he fasts for 20 hours a day, then eats “until he is full” during the remaining four hours. On this particular night, Eater estimates “full” required about 18 pounds of sushi, for which Bobrowski paid €15.90 (about $18.50).

18 pounds of sushi...damn...

Wouldn't want to be a toilet in this guy's house...ok...off topic...

Quote:Bobrowski, who is a software engineer by day, was a regular of the establishment – so when the owner discreetly told him he wasn’t welcome back, he was “stunned.”

No shit.

That owner was a class acting gentleman. I would have thrown his ass out while calling him every other name in the book. Sue me.

A fine print is needed on menus. "All you can eat" normalcy is this...and an example.

Fucking leech.

But that's just me. What would you do / have done?

As an owner, remember, not a consumer lol...then the answer is different. Even though it shouldn't be :)

Please tell....

~ Today is the youngest you'll ever be again ~
If you advertise "all you can eat", then that's what you have to allow, or else be sued for false advertising, which could cost a lot more in the long run.

But, like you, I would let him know how unacceptable his actions were and immediately add the disclaimer to the menus.  In the future that would give him the right to say "you've had enough".
I'm with Mystic.

You can't advertise All You Can Eat and then not provide same.
BUT, as an owner - I would NEVER promote an all you can eat offer...

There was a Chinese buffet in Glasgow that we used to attend on a Friday lunchtime (from our workplace) on occasion.
EVERY SINGLE TIME we were there, we saw the SAME BIG MASSIVE (FAT) GUY paying the fixed fee and then consuming plate after plate after plate of food. It must have driven the owners mad!!!

On a personal level, I think that it's taking the piss, thinking that you can take advantage of an all-you-can-eat offer by starving yourself on some crazy diet and then stuffing your face with that amount of food and then expecting to pay just $15 or something???? Ridiculous Humans! LOL
[Image: CoolForCatzSig.png]
(09-15-2018, 03:25 PM)Sol Wrote: All you can eat.

This Tri-athlete... it wasn't a grey-seal or a penguin, was it?!
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
(09-15-2018, 04:48 PM)BIAD Wrote:
(09-15-2018, 03:25 PM)Sol Wrote: All you can eat.

This Tri-athlete... it wasn't a grey-seal or a penguin, was it?!

Makes you wonder, right?

The guy starves for 20 straight hours and then goes to all you can eat buffets for 4 hours and then enjoys royally stuffing his face, to the owner's expense.

I'm sure than even though he's been banned from this place, he's already chosen his next target (s).

Triathlete, grey-seal, penguin or whale, I'd still kick his ass out, probably write about him in the local newspaper, just to warn others.

P.O.S.

I seem to remember there was a Simpson episode about something like this
(09-16-2018, 06:47 PM)Wallfire Wrote: I seem to remember there was a Simpson episode about something like this

I didn't know but dug a little and yes...you are 100% right:

Homer bankrupts a restaurant by eating all their food...

huhehuh
I still can't get over sushi at a buck a pound... and I don't even eat the stuff...

I mean, it was an expensive PLATE of food, but he came out at a buck a pound...

tinysurprised