Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
A VERY Warm Welcome to WalksInSilence
Hello WIS!

Welcome to Rogue Nation.

Just Be You.

minusculebeercheers 
Gx

PS - If you need anything - just ask (we don't bite.... much! Apart from @"BIAD" .... he needs watching that one!)

Why don't you tell the rogues all about yourself? (Just make something up!! ROFL)
[Image: CoolForCatzSig.png]
As Gordi pointed out, Boy In A Dress can be a handful (actually, if you look at his...), but that's
for another time. Welcome WalkInSilence and it's good to have you aboard.

BIAD struggles with a lot of things, but he does excel in providing avatars if you require one.
If you write here what you'd like, I'm sure the weird Man-Girl will accommodate.

Enjoy the threads and please take part, different opinions are always welcome.
minusculethumbsup
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
Quote:we don't bite.... much!

True. It's just how we learn...

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTv5jQzUyFRa4gHcflWvrD...ZmVBmYN0Bo]

Welcome to Rogue-Nation !!

minusculebeercheers
~ Today is the youngest you'll ever be again ~
Welcome to RN @"WalksInSilence".   minusculebeercheers

I do hope your "name" doesn't mean you will only lurk on the boards. We do need more conversations from our members. Diversity is good!

But, even if you don't, it's nice to have you here.   minusculethumbsup
@"WalksInSilence" 

Hey!!  minusculebiggrin Come on in and join the Crowd, have a drink  minusculebeercheers on gordi's tab.

Have fun and don't worry about clicking on the wrong thing, you can break it.  minusculeguzzlingbeer
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
Wink 
A grand thank you to the Rogue Welcoming Comity. It was surprising to see my name pop up whilst looking through the forum list.
Being a traditionalist with a twist, I will settle in at the nearest cozy pub, that has a scent of ocean or farmland. 
Then I will wait to be served a well done half pint Guinness, no straight from the tap for me please, that is sacrilege.  If "someone" would be so inclined a wee whisky or two would be appreciated, just charge it to Gordi.
Hopefully some one will join me so we can exchange "long tales" that never end. I can tell you I have an opinion about almost every thing but I am not opinionated; I love a good discussion and a well told tale. 
Now where is the manual for this place? My first challenge is to figure out how to post this because I accidently hit a preview button. HM

OH DEAR why is my text black and grey?
HM I fixed it but I don't understand how it was as it was in the first place. ;)
(09-15-2018, 08:11 AM)gordi Wrote: Hello WIS!
Just Be You.
minusculebeercheers 

Thank You Sir, that is a very risky invitation as you well know, had you asked me to settle in, I would have known it was code for don't rock the boat. 
Quote:….. tell the rogues all about yourself? (Just make something up!! ROFL)
They wouldn't believe me if I told the truth.  :minusculehi:

How does this quote thing work? 
Try try again
(09-15-2018, 08:52 AM)BIAD Wrote: As Gordi pointed out, Boy In A Dress can be a handful (actually, if you look at his...),
I promise I won't look while you are watching. 

Quote:Welcome WalkInSilence and it's good to have you aboard.
Thank You, I am looking forward to settle in with a little help and nudging. 
I hear you bite, a nibble here and there is always delightful; and in a fruitful debate a well placed bite is welcome.

Quote:BIAD struggles with a lot of things, but he does excel in providing avatars if you require one.
….. I'm sure the weird Man-Girl will accommodate.
I think the struggles we face show our character and build it, as for Avatar, yes I will gratefully take you up on that, but for now "His Highness" has seen it appropriate to show my true self, an "Ars in a Onesie". 
No pretense here, donkeys' are very reliable, resilient beings apart from being stubborn. They "kick ars". 

Quote:Enjoy the threads ….different opinions are always welcome.
I hunger for different, odd, other than. Looking in the mirror gets so boring. 
Now did this quote thing work?
Why is every thing blue?
Ha I figured it out
(09-15-2018, 04:32 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: Welcome 
I do hope your "name" doesn't mean you will only lurk on the boards. We do need more conversations from our members. Diversity is good!
Thank you for the greeting Mystic. No, my name is just indicative of the RL me. I observe in detail, to blend into the environment, become invisible. I practiced for years tracking animals or just being so elusive they wouldn't notice me and when I was really fortunate they accepted me as part of the environment. 
That was when true communication occurred. The silent primal, non verbal interaction. 
Walking between the realms.
(09-15-2018, 05:16 PM)guohua Wrote: Hey!!  minusculebiggrin Come on in and join the Crowd, have a drink  minusculebeercheers on gordi's tab.
Thank you. Of course Gordi will cover all expenses. He knows his place. Order away every one there is a party.  minusculecheers
(09-17-2018, 02:18 AM)WalksInSilence Wrote:
(09-15-2018, 04:32 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: Welcome 
Thank you for the greeting Mystic. No, my name is just indicative of the RL me. I observe in detail, to blend into the environment, become invisible. I practiced for years tracking animals or just being so elusive they wouldn't notice me and when I was really fortunate they accepted me as part of the environment. 
That was when true communication occurred. The silent primal, non verbal interaction. 
Walking between the realms.

You sound like something of a kindred spirit. That's how I used to be... but now I'm an old bugger, and the walking is no longer silent. Nowadays, there are lots of crackling noises to the accompaniment of wheezing sounds.

I still don't mind poking a bear with a pointy stick, however, if it manages to get on my last nerve.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

(09-17-2018, 02:45 AM)Ninurta Wrote: You sound like something of a kindred spirit. That's how I used to be... but now I'm an old bugger, and the walking is no longer silent. Nowadays, there are lots of crackling noises to the accompaniment of wheezing sounds.

I still don't mind poking a bear with a pointy stick, however, if it manages to get on my last nerve.

Please forgive my feeble attempts to reply in proper. I don't understand the system yet.
I too am an old fart, still walking some, but the skill is transferable to human interaction, I see and hear things expressed in the shadows of peoples interaction and minds. One just has to be silent and observe.

I am pleased to meet you, the bear analogy made me giggle.
Ninurta, the mighty hunter?
Did I mention I am very private and gregarious? 
How do I hide my email?
(09-15-2018, 03:11 PM)Sol Wrote: [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTv5jQzUyFRa4gHcflWvrD...ZmVBmYN0Bo]
Welcome to Rogue-Nation !!

Thank you, both bacon and kittens are good. 
How does this quote thing work? I can figure out how to quote after I have posted. Grrr
(09-17-2018, 03:11 AM)WalksInSilence Wrote: Did I mention I am very private and gregarious? 
How do I hide my email?

No one can see your email except My Administrative Staff and Myself.

A member could send you an email from your profile, but your email is linked to the Admin Section that only myself, Admin and Super-Mods have access to.
Now it this bothers you at all, I can go to the Admin Area and remove your email address.
Let me know if that is something you want done.
guohua
@"WalksInSilence" 
By the way, the first time my husband read your username he thought of,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
 One of his favorite songs.
(09-17-2018, 01:58 AM)WalksInSilence Wrote: ...I think the struggles we face show our character and build it, as for Avatar,
yes I will gratefully take you up on that, but for now "His Highness" has seen it
appropriate to show my true self, an "Ars in a Onesie". 

No pretense here, donkeys' are very reliable, resilient beings apart from being
stubborn. They "kick arse"...

A Brace of suggested avatars. Don't worry if they're not 'your cup of tea', any
input will improve the red-dressed fool's contemplations!

[Image: attachment.php?aid=4511][Image: attachment.php?aid=4512]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
Quote:='guohua' pid='26987' dateline='1537155040']
That warmed my heart, it is one of my favorite too along with "A bridge over troubled water" S&G are part of my core.
I have an in rolling thunder storm with perfect tornado conditions, so I don't know how long I will stay plugged in. Don't want to fry my computer.
I don't understand how to delete content from a reply before I post it and just leave the authors name?
(09-17-2018, 07:59 PM)BIAD Wrote: [quote='WalksInSilence' pid='26977' dateline='1537145932']

That is so sweet of you BIAD, the Eor one is tempting and I don't really mind being the fool. If you have time in the future I will get back to you with a few back ground pics I would like. The next three days are pretty tight for me in RL. 

Quote:A Brace of suggested avatars. Don't worry if they're not 'your cup of tea', any
input will improve the red-dressed fool's contemplations!
Jeez, I am exhausted from trying to figure out how this works. It is like learning a new language. But you are all so very nice and it feels good to be here. So give me time and I may be able to contribute intelligently or at least comprehensibly.  minusculebeercheers