Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
So I get bombarded by Info Daily.......
I will try to share daily. 

Try..... 

First one.....

Fiery lava from Hawaii's ongoing volcanic eruption has completely evaporated the water from Green Lake, the Big Island's largest freshwater lake, according to the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS).
The assassination by evaporation began this past Saturday morning (June 2), when lava from Fissure 8 flowed into the lake and boiled the water away. The lake didn't go peacefully, either. Rather, the boiling water turned into a thick white plume that reached high into the sky, the USGS reported.
The Hawaii County Fire Department (HCFD) snapped a photo showing the tail end of the annihilation. The above image shows the still-steaming lava in Green Lake, which is located near the intersection of highways 132 and 137, the USGS said. [Photos: Fiery Lava from Kilauea Volcano Erupts on Hawaii's Big Island]
The Truth is Out There, Somewhere
After all the Hawaii stories over the last month, this one struck me the most. Made the biggest impact I guess. I lived near a lake almost identical in size, and to think of an 8 hour shift at a factory completely wiping that lake out? An amazing and powerful visual of the destruction nature can unleash!
I've been keeping up with this story too.  It's sad to see such a beautiful area ruined, people losing their homes, etc.  Is this thing finished yet? The lava has been going on for some time now.
Try to post something and didn't work right.
The Truth is Out There, Somewhere