Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Ex-head of Vatican Bank on Trial for Embezzlement
Oops!  Another bad day at the Vatican, I see.   tinysure 

Quote:by Nicole Winfield | AP May 9 at 12:01 PM  
VATICAN CITY — The former president of the Vatican bank went on trial Wednesday on charges he and his lawyer embezzled 57 million euros ($68 million) in Vatican real estate sales, a case that shows the Holy See’s willingness to prosecute shady financial deals that may have involved top cardinals.

Angelo Caloia appeared in the Vatican courtroom, while his onetime lawyer and 95-year-old co-defendant, Gabriele Liuzzo, was absent, citing his age. A third suspect died during the investigation.

During the nearly four-hour hearing, the court revealed it planned to appoint technical experts to assess the value of the real estate in question. Prosecutors allege the apartments were sold at below-market rates to offshore companies, and then resold at market rates with the defendants pocketing the difference.

The suspects have denied wrongdoing.

During the investigation, Vatican authorities froze 17 million euros ($20 million) in the defendants’ Vatican bank accounts, and had another 10 million euros ($12 million) frozen in Liuzzo’s Swiss accounts, the court heard Wednesday.

The trial is expected to drag on, given Caloia’s defense lawyers submitted preliminary witness lists of more than 50 names, including three current and former Vatican secretaries of state. Also on the list were several other cardinals who over the years were on the commission of cardinals who oversee the Institute for Religious Works.

Read more: Source

Q told us May would be a bad month for them.   :smallwink: 

I don't have time to dig for the post, if you all want to look for yourself, here is the link:  https://qanonmap.bitbucket.io/
The Vatican bank has been involved in some very very strange deeds over the years. I think we shall soon see a Trump type Pope coming to power  and "draining the swamp of the Vatican".
It's sad that when you step back and view all of the scandals, you can't help-but ponder if
every organised system of global control -charity, religion, banking, etc, are corrupt.
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
(05-09-2018, 08:40 PM)BIAD Wrote: It's sad that when you step back and view all of the scandals, you can't help-but ponder if
every organised system of global control -charity, religion, banking, etc, are corrupt.
Human nature is basically corrupt
(05-09-2018, 08:43 PM)Wallfire Wrote: Human nature is basically corrupt
And once more, I'm in agreement with you.

Ironically, we think we're ready to meet people from the stars!
I think there's some homework to do yet!
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
(05-09-2018, 08:54 PM)BIAD Wrote:
(05-09-2018, 08:43 PM)Wallfire Wrote: Human nature is basically corrupt
And once more, I'm in agreement with you.

Ironically, we think we're ready to meet people from the stars!
I think there's some homework to do yet!

No, no!  The ETs don't want us up there yet.  They said we are too violent...  still children learning how to play well with others.
I think we have a long way to go as a species yet.