Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Church of Scotland creates pamphlet
Yes, the Church did create a pamphlet and do you know why!!?? tinywhat
Quote:Church of Scotland creates pamphlet to help churches teach transgenderism: ‘Some men have vaginas’
mediumbagpiper Yes they did say the Church of Scotland (waiting for gordi to return) I guess they need help with Identifying their Sex  tinysurprised or something.
[Image: gettyimages-871793786-1280x720.jpg]
Quote:The Church of Scotland has a brand-new resource to help churches understand and teach inclusivity in transgenderism.

What’s the resource?
Quote:The church created a new pamphlet that contains stories of 11 transgender people who describe being abused and cast out by fellow Christians.

The 30-page manifesto, titled “Diverse Gender Identities and Pastoral Care,” features such phrases as “Some men have vaginas” and “Some women have penises.”

In addition to featuring the stories of transgender parishioners, the booklet also asks clergymen to use “gender-neutral” language when pointing to God when addressing their congregations so as to make the church more inclusive.

One of the publication’s aims is to update Christianity and its culture to reflect changing sociological climates.
In the booklet, one churchgoer, identified only by “Andrew,” says, “I struggle with the wording of the Lord’s Prayer because I see God as my parent not my father.”

“God is genderless to me: it’s not father God, it is parent God,” Andrew says. Andrew was born female, but currently identifies as male.
No, that's not all. tinysure

Quote:Another parishioner, Kaden, says, “I believe that God created us all so that means he created me to be this way.”

Kaden was born female, but now identifies as “demiboy— which apparently is someone whose gender identity is only partially male.
minusculewtf  OK, so you're a Woman who want to be a Guy, But Only Part of a Guy,,,, So,,, What part of you is a Guy and What Is Female!! ??  Saywhat
Quote:Julie, another churchgoer, details her own journey with a trans husband. After spending a decade with her husband and raising a family, Julie discovered that her husband was trans.

She accepted her husband’s transgenderism and remained with him.

“Gender is internal,” Julie explains. “It is only genitalia that are external. Genitalia are not gender.”

Christian Today reported that the Rev. Norman Smith, convener of the mission and discipleship council of the Church of Scotland, said, “We want to help congregations support all in their communities, in the best way we can and this resource helps those who care for others do that to the best of their ability.”

“It is aimed at better facilitating pastoral care at a local level by giving people the space to talk about their faith and share the impact of the church community on their lives,” Smith added.

He noted, however, that the resource is not “intended to make any kind of statement regarding the Church’s wider relationship with the transgender community,” and that the resource does not “provide a theological explanation or understanding of transgender issues.”
Source
Oh Gordi,,,,, Gordi,,,, what has happened to the Scotland My husband and I Knew and Loved,,,,, did you guys let New Yorkers and people from California to Immigrate in large numbers?
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
It looks like the naive Church Of Scotland is attempting to wrangle itself into a minority-group for the sake
of bums-on-seats.
A God can be gender-less I suppose, but does that mean a religious male must tuck his meat-and-two-veg
away in hope of a better place in the afterlife?

Will A female follower of the cult religion be awarded a higher cloud up there, purely based on the fact she
had a tennis sock shoved doon her knickers during her living time?

I think the type-error in the Press release should be dealt with as soon as possible and reinstated to it's proper
announcement.
'Some Men ARE Vaginas  and some WIVES Have Penises For Husbands'

But at least it give the Scottish newspapers something to comment on when Sunday comes around.
After all, the snow is melting.

Thirty pages is a lot to get through and I'd guess it's risque-wording -which is really all about vulnerable
undeveloped people being frightened of real-world interactions and family-making, will promote the church
in what they think is a trendy better light.

It could even help with self-guilt, the next time a Priest shags a choirboy, I suppose.

It's certainly a quandary, this alarming focus on silly constructs and word-play for the sake of prospective
parishioners may lead to areas that the church hasn't thought of yet. With the absence of gender, will the
Bible be now changed so that Jesus is now seen as chick?

Isn't crucifixion a bit nasty for a woman...? Were Romans misogynists?
Was the story about a burning bush a reference to vaginal inflammation?
Were the three kings really rich Hollywood-types in sports bras?
Did Mary -or possibly known as Bob, just co-habit with Joseph because gay marriage wasn't recoginised
back then?

I often think of the Star Trek credo that was changed to encompass this sort of nonsense where it used
to say: '...Where No Man Had Gone before' Obviously, 'Man' meant mankind, but now they say 'no one'.

The question is, if 'no one' has been there before, why the hell does Picard and his crew keep meeting
others already there?

It's like it hasn't been thought out...? Oh wait, it hasn't.
minusculethinking
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
Could it be that the church is trying to comfort all the men who have lost there "bits" becouse they have been running around in kilts in the very cold weather??
(03-10-2018, 01:53 PM)Wallfire Wrote: Could it be that the church is trying to comfort all the men who have lost there "bits" becouse they have been running around in kilts in the very cold weather??

It could well be... the northern climate can have an effect that sometimes leaves odd-shaped parts of
a Scotsman's anatomy amongst the heather.
tinyhuh

The church may well be reaching out to those who now wander the Cairngorms without heir package.
Thank WF, I never looked at it this way.
minusculethumbsup

smallcrackingup
This could also explain why Gordi has gone away to get in contact with his "new self"
(03-10-2018, 02:09 PM)Wallfire Wrote: This could also explain why Gordi has gone away to get in contact with his "new self"
[Image: 140339940.jpg?w=748&h=498&crop=1]

mediumbagpiper smallrofl mediumscotshowingbutt
In order of the lavish display of Gaelic thighs and manly untouched bikini-lines,
Gordi and Wallfire merited a banner each.

The honorary artwork is in the usual place... now please stop opening a tab
in my name.
tinysure
I come across so much information on different subjects that I usually can't remember where I saw/read the information when I need it, as is the case now.
I know there are several researchers in the ET field who have spoken of all the different experiments going on with humans by ETs. 
Out of the 22 different groups of ETs experimenting on us, one is genderless. (There might be more.) 
Each ET group has a specific group of people they watch over and work on DNA, thought processes, progression, etc.   So, I'm wondering if this movement for a genderless race has something to do with these ETs influencing them?

Has the recent migration of peoples into other areas of the world caused the groups to intermingle with others who aren't involved in the "experiment"? Is this why their ideas seem so far fetched to us?  tinybighuh

Is this why the Bible says not to mix the races, because it would interfere with the experiment of one specific race? 

Just thinking out loud.   minusculethinking
I've always seen God as "genderless", an "It" rather than a "He". It's only logical to me - a god is spirit rather than flesh. Spirits do not reproduce the same way that organisms do, and therefore stand in no need of the various physical bits and pieces required for physical procreation... hence, they are "genderless".

That said, normal communication convention has settled upon reference to the deity (for the sake of communication amongst ourselves) as "He", assigning a gender that really isn't there. It's kinda like Spanish, where everything is assigned a gender despite the absence of an identifying genitalia. "Cerveza" (beer), for example, isn't really female, although it CAN make you crazy as females are wont to do.

Personally, I think there are just folks in this world with too much time on their hands, and they tend to over-analyze stuff in hopes of finding something that they can leverage to make victims of themselves. Why they WANT to be victims I have no Earthly idea... and no heavenly idea, either, for that matter. Their manufactured victimhood garners them no brownie points at all with me - I'd just as soon steamroll them to get past them and on to any actual victims that are in need of actual help.
Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

(03-09-2018, 11:02 PM)guohua Wrote: Yes, the Church did create a pamphlet and do you know why!!?? tinywhat
Quote:Church of Scotland creates pamphlet to help churches teach transgenderism: ‘Some men have vaginas’
mediumbagpiper Yes they did say the Church of Scotland (waiting for gordi to return) I guess they need help with Identifying their Sex  tinysurprised or something.

Quote:The Church of Scotland has a brand-new resource to help churches understand and teach inclusivity in transgenderism...
Quote:The church created a new pamphlet that contains stories of 11 transgender people who describe being abused and cast out by fellow Christians.

The 30-page manifesto, titled “Diverse Gender Identities and Pastoral Care,” features such phrases as “Some men have vaginas” and “Some women have penises.”...
No, that's not all. tinysure

minusculewtf 

Oh Gordi,,,,, Gordi,,,, what has happened to the Scotland My husband and I Knew and Loved,,,,, did you guys let New Yorkers and people from California to Immigrate in large numbers?

OK, I'm all caught up.

First things First - This isn't Scotland (the country).
This is the "Church of Scotland".
The Church of Scotland is not in any way representative of the country Scotland.

From heraldscotland website: HERE

Quote:The results of a new survey of Christians across Scotland, seen by the Sunday Herald, shows a record low of just 390,000 people now go to Sunday services, down from 854,000 in 1984, when records began.

Statistics show that only seven per cent of people in Scotland now attend Christian worship, and the fall in numbers since 2002 is the equivalent of losing ten churches a month...

Yup, just 7% of Scots attend christian church - and that refers to ALL Christian Churches in Scotland! (Not just Church of Scotland ones).

Secondly - The pamphlet IS indeed REAL. And the quotes from it (in the OP) are likely real too - BUT... they are direct quotes from interviews with Christians who have experience of Gender related issues. They are NOT the views of Scotland or even the Church of Scotland itself. They are quotes from individuals who are expressing their experiences relating to gender. I believe that the idea behind the pamphlet was to enlighten and inform the clergy of the church with information taken directly from people with transgender "issues", especially with regards to "faith".

It specifically does NOT endorse LGBT etc.
It is designed to make clergy and ministers of the church more aware of the opinions, beliefs and issues faced by their own LGBT etc parishioners.

I am neither a Christian nor LGBT etc but I do think that it's quite a progressive approach tbh.
Sort of like...
"We might not agree with all this gender/ non-gender stuff, but the reality is that it is happening out there and we should really keep ourselves informed about it so we can handle it better when we do eventually come across it ourselves."

Thirdly - Within the replies to the thread here, the inevitable Kilt images are trotted out and then somehow associated with homosexuality or gender neutrality??

a) Nothing could be further from the truth.
Have you ever met a true Scotsman in a PROPER Kilt? (NOT one of those party ones in the photo.) I would invite you all to do so and to try questioning his gender identity in relation to the wearing of The Kilt. (I hope that you like hospital food.)

b) It is incredibly insulting to have my national identity corrupted and twisted like this. There is nothing whatsoever in the original pamphlet or OP about Kilts or Kilt wearing. Kilt wearing has nothing to do with the subject here, so why bring it up?

For the record - You can wear a Kilt if you're straight, gay, bi, homosexual, transgender, lesbian, non-gender specific... even English!
We Scots get a little bit touchy about it because the original plaid kilt represented a huge part of our heritage and clan identity, not to mention the fact that we spent several hundred years fighting against oppressive "overlords" for the right to wear tartan at all. (It was banished by the English lords who claimed dominion over much of Scotland back then.)

So, in summary:
Keep your collective Kilts on!
It's just a minority church pamphlet which contains quotes from people with gender related issues, designed to enlighten and inform church ministers with regards to these issues.

G out.
minusculebeercheers

PS - you can read the Full Pamphlet HERE
[Image: CoolForCatzSig.png]
(03-13-2018, 05:24 PM)gordi Wrote: ...It is incredibly insulting to have my national identity corrupted and twisted like this...

G out.
minusculebeercheers

I apologise Gordi, and I assure you nobody here was aligning the kilt with feminine aspects.

I must admit, the article came in the same day you left for your weekend vacation and may have
been connected to envy in some way, the pics you've shown of the island can do that!

On a private note, the 'the lavish display of Gaelic thighs and manly untouched bikini-lines'...
Is that a no-go area now, as well?
tinysurprised
Apologies again, mate.
(03-13-2018, 10:29 PM)BIAD Wrote: I apologise Gordi, and I assure you nobody here was aligning the kilt with feminine aspects.

I must admit, the article came in the same day you left for your weekend vacation and may have
been connected to envy in some way, the pics you've shown of the island can do that!

On a private note, the 'the lavish display of Gaelic thighs and manly untouched bikini-lines'...
Is that a no-go area now, as well?
tinysurprised
Apologies again, mate.

My comments weren't aimed at you Phil, but thank you for your response!

You can comment on Gaelic thighs and manly bikini lines all you like.... I do worry you know! ROFL
@"gordi" 
OK,,,,, I'm Sorry,,,, but you have to admit,,,, you all are awfully Cute with those bare thighs and muscled legs,,,,,, tinybiggrin
Its ok Gordi, we still love you even if you have lost your "bits"    tinybiggrin
I'll need them back by the way, and not covered in mayo this time!
tinysurprised
(03-14-2018, 04:44 PM)gordi Wrote: I'll need them back by the way, and not covered in mayo this time!
tinysurprised

Stop it...you're scaring me now.
tinysurprised
(03-14-2018, 07:35 PM)BIAD Wrote:
(03-14-2018, 04:44 PM)gordi Wrote: I'll need them back by the way, and not covered in mayo this time!
tinysurprised

Stop it...you're scaring me now.
tinysurprised

Me too   tinycrying
tinysurprised

I like mine served with Sticky Rice and Rice Wine.  tinybigeyes
(03-14-2018, 09:17 PM)guohua Wrote: I like mine served with Sticky Rice and Rice Wine.  tinybigeyes

Well, with all respects Boss... you've always scared me!
tinywondering
(03-14-2018, 09:36 PM)BIAD Wrote:
(03-14-2018, 09:17 PM)guohua Wrote: I like mine served with Sticky Rice and Rice Wine.  tinybigeyes

Well, with all respects Boss... you've always scared me!
tinywondering

[Image: 180px-Sakebottle_08-11-2006.jpg] [Image: rice-balls-2.jpg] [Image: 460f50813016daf3250dbb8309d04de9.jpg?u=9...1304577816]    minusculebeercheers  tinydrroling