Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Fossils and Modern Humans
I still think that modern humans have been around for far longer than Main Stream Science want you to believe.
There is proof out there and it's mostly hidden and not reported on.

We both believe that Humans have been here for a Very, Very, Very long Time.

Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
Many, Many, many of these artifacts and other artifacts were shipped to the Smithsonian Museum and Lost!!!!
Yes, most people believe Lost on Purpose.

THEY,,,,, don't want you or anyone to know the Truth,,,,, It would destroy them, their control over how you're lead to believe Humans came from Apes and were Stupid Cave Dwellers. 

Yes, most of these artifacts are unexplained and do just disappear so no one can examine them.
 What if this really is a Microchip containing data?
The question is,,,,, How long Has Modern Humans Been On Earth,,, No Apes.
Again,,,, How Old or How Far Back Does our origins Really Go?
Why won't they allow the Truth Be Told?

It would appear that they know Aliens were here and helping or guiding or designing/modifying Humans.

Only with their help (Aliens) I think Humans could have advanced.
Now I ask @"gordi"  have you ever seen this?
I believe we are old, but we destroyed our civilization somehow and we are slowly rebuilding it. We have no real knowledge off who we are or who we use to be.
Yes My Friends, The Smithsonian has covered up much of the Human Early History to include Giants!

(01-07-2018, 11:26 PM)Wallfire Wrote: I believe we are old, but we destroyed our civilization somehow and we are slowly rebuilding it. We have no real knowledge off who we are or who we use to be.
You may be right, here is one interpretation.
 the question is, How Long Did They Rule Over us?
I recall when I was a kid finding a fossil in northeast Ohio that had a metal machine screw embedded in the rock, about a #8 machine screw. It was about an inch or so of the shank broken off below the head of the screw. Never did figure out how it go into the rock, but it was there when I split the rock open, and there wasn't any bore-hole leading in to it.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

(01-07-2018, 10:59 PM)guohua Wrote: ...Now I ask @"gordi"  have you ever seen this?

Hi @"guohua"
No, I haven't actually heard of that one before, THANK YOU!

It was buried when I was a baby, and I must have missed the uncovering, digital mapping and re-burial. I have no idea why!
Looks interesting (and is only maybe 30-35mins from me here).

As you are very probably aware, many ancient civilisations have myths about "previous times" or ages of man.
They don't always agree on how my ages (or cycles) have gone before, but there does seem to be a consensus that we (humans) have lived through several periods of rise & fall.
I'm not clear on what they believe ended each cycle, whether natural disasters or man made, wars or whatever, but I do feel that these previous ages of man may have happened, and that we would fall into a kind of "stone age" caveman existence for many years if we were to suffer catastrophic breakdown of our modern civilisation.

Great topic.

G
[Image: CoolForCatzSig.png]
(01-08-2018, 09:52 AM)Ninurta Wrote: I recall when I was a kid finding a fossil in northeast Ohio that had a metal machine screw embedded in the rock, about a #8 machine screw. It was about an inch or so of the shank broken off below the head of the screw. Never did figure out how it go into the rock, but it was there when I split the rock open, and there wasn't any bore-hole leading in to it.

That must have been a very interesting find.
(01-08-2018, 09:52 AM)Ninurta Wrote: I recall when I was a kid finding a fossil in northeast Ohio that had a metal machine screw embedded in the rock, about a #8 machine screw. It was about an inch or so of the shank broken off below the head of the screw. Never did figure out how it go into the rock, but it was there when I split the rock open, and there wasn't any bore-hole leading in to it.

I too have found some strange things but nothing like what you found. I remembered reading about things like this and found one of the texts, I dont agree with it a 100% but its always good to look at all sides . Do you still have them ?

Today we're going outside with pick axe and shovel in hand, dig through some ancient strata, and unearth something that looks like it shouldn't be there. In fact, upon closer inspection, it definitely shouldn't be there. Throughout recorded history, diggers — both amateur and professional — have been finding objects that appear to be modern or made of advanced materials, but are located in old rock or other places where they shouldn't, or couldn't, be. Such objects have become known as out of place artifacts, or "OOPArts" for short. An OOPArt, by definition, is one that contradicts our existing understanding of history. Some take this to its apparently logical next step, and believe that OOPArts prove history wrong.

In this episode we're going to take a quick look at some of the most famous OOPArts and see what's known about each, and hopefully see if we have enough information to conclude that known history must be wrong. A lot of objects that show up on published lists consist of artworks — sculptures or carvings — that make ambiguous depictions, which some interpret as being out of place. One example is a pictograph from Egypt that some say shows an electric lamp. We're not going to include these today because they're most likely misinterpretations. Instead we want hard, physical proof of items that couldn't and shouldn't exist, but do.
Two of the best known have already been covered in previous Skeptoid episodes. The Baigong Pipes, featured in episode 181, were said to be a network of metal pipes buried in native rock said to be 150,000 years old. Some believed they proved the existence of an ancient culture of aliens; others actually studied the pipes and found that they not only weren't very pipe-like, they were simply petrified wood and bamboo that had washed into a basin and later solidified.
Not all turn out to be misidentifications. The Antikythera Mechanism, featured in episode 184, was a Greek clockwork mechanism found in a shipwreck, and it did indeed represent knowledge that was about a thousand years off from our previous understanding. The find turned out to be really important, and we changed our models of ancient technology as a result. Since it was found, other artifacts have continued to fill in the gaps. This is the model we hope to see for all candidate OOPArts. No misidentification; nothing open to interpretation; just solid physical evidence that changes our understanding. So let's see if any of the other famous examples fit the bill.
The Coso Artifact
In 1961, three people were out collecting geodes and other interesting rocks for the rock and gem shop they operated in Olancha, CA, little more than a truck stop in the Owens Valley west of Death Valley. When they put their specimens under the diamond blade saw to cut them open, one of them jammed the blade. It had a piece of metal in the center.
It became known as the Coso Artifact, named for the Coso Range of mountains in which it was found. Spark plug collectors all agree that the object inside the rock, as depicted in the one existing X-ray, is a 1920s Champion spark plug. Rocks take a very long time to form, certainly a lot longer than 40 years; so the Coso Artifact has become an icon of OOPArts, and is popularly believed to constitute an insoluble problem.
Unfortunately, the real secret of the Coso Artifact is that we don't really know anything about it. It's been long lost; nobody can find any of its original discoverers; and no proper analysis of it was ever done while it existed. Only one named person ever actually examined it, a Young Earth Creationist named Ron Calais who took the X-ray and a few pictures. Nobody ever properly characterized the material in which it was encased, but the discoverers described it as "hardened clay" and when they cut it, they found it had a hardness of only 3 on the Mohs scale. Also found embedded in its surface were some fossilized shells, pebbles, a nail, and a washer.
So unfortunately, the Coso Artifact turns out to be a complete non-mystery. Some corroded old debris from local mines had been accreted within some hardened sediment; as far as we know, since there's nothing to test. Really, not even remarkable enough to bother searching for.
The Dropa Stones
Still appearing on virtually every list of OOPArts are the Dropa stones, a collection of 716 stone discs found in a cave in China in 1938. Each is said to be like a phonograph record, with a microscopic spiral groove that's actually a book written in tiny hieroglyphics.
The story goes that in 1938 (some sources say 1937), Chinese professor of archaeology Chi Pu Tei was on an expedition and found 716 1.3 meter tall skeletons, with large heads and slender bodies, in shallow graves inside strange perfectly rectangular caves. Buried with each was one of these stone disks. He collected them, but they remained hidden away in storage until they were discovered by another Chinese scholar, Tsum Um Nui, twenty years later. He translated from the discs a fantastic tale that a spaceship had crashed some thousand years ago and resulted in the local Dropa (or Dzopa) culture.
Later, various UFO authors have added their own elements to the canon of Dropa lore — Russian scientists acquiring some of the stones, authors visiting the Russians or taking photographs, etcetera. But one fact remains: No evidence of either the stones, the caves, or the skeletons has ever been presented; and no record of a Chi Pu Tei or a Tsum Um Nui exists outside of UFOlogy. Not even a contemporary publication or reference to a publication has ever surfaced.
The Dropa Stones and their tale of coming from outer space first appeared in print in 1960 in the Russian literary gazette Литературная газета (Literaturnaya Gazeta) by two Russian science fiction authors, Valentin Rich and Mikhail Chernenko. From there, any number of UFO writers have bounced it around and added their own twists; but all available evidence tells us that the story was never anything other than pure fiction.
Russian Machine Parts Embedded in Stone!
Even in recent years, we've not been immune to bad information about OOPArts permeating the literature. In 2012, photographs were published worldwide of what appeared to be a mass of mechanical gears densely embedded in ancient rock. They were found on Russia's Kamchatka Peninsula, in a strata of rock dated 400 million years old. Shortly after the publication, Russian UFO researchers went there to search for more, and published a photo of what appeared to be a threaded rod, also embedded in a chunk of rock.
Before the hubbub had a chance to quiet down, a cleanly machined piece of metal, that looked just like gear teeth, was found in some coal mined in Vladivostok, and widely reported in the worldwide press. Must it be true that there was ancient advanced technology millions of years ago, or might there have been some other explanation?
It turns out that the whole craze was triggered, at least, by a hoax. The photograph of gears from Kamchatka turned out to be a previously existing photograph of crinoid fossils. Crinoids are a class of worm-like marine animals, and millions of years ago, they were much more common in the seas and had long stalks. Some limestone deposits are made almost entirely of these stalks, which easily disarticulated into disks with evenly spaced ridges around the edges. Geologists recognized them immediately.
But the Russian UFO hunters didn't, and when they visited Kamchatka, they found another fossilized crinoid stem that had stayed together, and looked for all the world just like a segment of threaded rod. They sent their photos to the press, apparently without bothering to follow the lines around the stem; if they had, they'd have discovered that the layers were separate, and were not a single screw-like thread that spiraled the length of the stem.
And then that piece of nicely polished metal gear teeth in the coal was published in 2013. Must it have been from an advanced machine buried in the ancient coal bed? Not too likely. For one thing, it was found outside the mine in the processed coal, not in the mine. For another, nobody reported finding any other parts of this supposed machine anywhere.
A lot of the early speculation pointed out that it looked almost exactly like bismuth crystals, which do form into angular, manmade-looking shapes. Even more likely, it could have been pyrite, which also crystallizes like that and is frequently found in coal. But the Russian press claimed that it was identified as aluminum, which would eliminate the natural crystal alternatives, but also suggested what's perhaps the most likely explanation: that it was simply a piece of mining equipment that broke off somewhere between the mine and the processing. We don't know, because the artifact has not been presented for examination outside Russia, but we also don't have much reason to get very excited.
So Many More...
The literature is chock full of other such accounts, none of which tell of artifacts that actually exist today and can be examined. An 1844 newspaper stated that Scottish workmen found a gold thread embedded in rock eight feet underground. An 1851 newspaper reported that a nail fell out of a split-open piece of quartz in California. An 1891 report from Illinois said that a woman found a gold chain impressed into her coal. All fun anecdotes, but completely unevidenced and untestable. For all we know these are no different from the many unsubstantiated, amateur reports of live frogs jumping out of split stones. What reason is there to believe that the events must have happened literally as reported second or third hand, compared to the likelihood that someone in that chain of events was mistaken?
In other cases, the reports are taken out of context or otherwise distorted. An example is the "Dorchester Pot", reported in Scientific American in 1851 to have been an ornate metal pot, blown out of the ground into pieces by a workmen's explosion. Sounds compelling; but a complete read of the whole article shows that it was not promoting the report as an actual event, but rather as a question of why the examining collector could have been better able to determine that the pot had come from under the ground, than could a blacksmith who was actually present when it was found, and gave no such extraordinary report.
The fact is that OOPArts, for all the excitement they exact, so far have never stood up to any scrutiny. The testable examples, like the Antikythera Mechanism, have proven to fit into our historical understanding and in the best cases, to improve it. The rest, so far, have all turned out to be nonexistent fairy tales (like the Dropa Stones), sensationalized reporting of ordinary objects (like the Coso Artifact), or anything that fits into the historical rewriting agendas of Young Earthers, UFO proponents, or any other group that casts science aside in favor of ideology.

https://skeptoid.com/episodes/4403
Explanation: If history is anything to go by then it looks like history repeats ... often!

Personal Disclosure: It seems to me that we [and by we i mean advanced technology wielding creatures] have come and gone many times on this planet. Who knows if the organic soup that life crawled its way out of [or has it?] wasn't some kind of huge Boltzmann brain with an intellect on the order of Einstein? Maybe we will find its signature in our dna!

Anyway I digress ... lets get back to the history lesson ...

Since history repeats and the one thing we learn from history is that we [as a species] don't learn from history, then the key is to actually learn from history ... not so that we don't repeat it ... that is gonna happen no matter what ... but so the WE as the I individuals don't repeat it and can get ahead of the game and exploit history repeating itself to our own benefits. We need for everybody else to actually repeat history so that we can exploit it. This is the difference between the haves and the have nots.

Once we have exploited it and gotten ourselves out of and off of the financial wheel of debt burden ... then and ONLY then can we help others also do as we have done.

Let people make their own mistakes ONCE and see if they learn from that ... if they don't and you care then you might need to step in and educate them specifically ok.

Meanwhile I am leaving footprints in the sands of time on this website by posting this post and I wonder if one day that it too may be considered a fossil of some kind ... I have left my mark ok!

Kilroy was here!

Maybe technology is NOT the answer to life the universe and everything? Maybe its the primary cause of our species demise and rerise throughout the ages!

I think it IS the answer to life the universe and everything as this universe seems set up to allow for technological singularity's aka TECH GOD! And therefor we are but an evolutionary step along the way to the universe actually fully realizing itself as best it can and are not the final end product!   Do you eat tea leaves when you want to drink tea? NO of course not and hence the same with God ... they want to play with characters that don't break so easily and can make anything out of anything they want to. Can't do that with humans ... but can get robots made by humans to do that and so we are like the robots that make cars ... we are not a car but we can build the hell out of them.

As to our true origins ... Id say you are not going back in time FAR ENOUGH ok G', because there is the big bang and it could have been a Boltzmann brain also.

And will the truth ever be fully told? I don't think so because the truth hurts a lot and the full truth would probably kill most people [they'd all be like wtfh oh derp I fucked up and Ima outa here pronto ie reset and do over rather than try change who they currently are ... when u have missed the mark as an arrow there is no magical path of flight redirection to get you back to the target .. one has simply overshot it and must shoot another arrow to try again]. We are each of us  .. Arrows fired by the gods ... where are you going ... and what is your target? Are you on track or have you gone to far?

Timing and placement are CRITICAL factors in doing well. Knowing history leads to thinking leads to planning leads to taking action when required leads to good if not great outcomes.

Its as simple as knowing the seasons ... there is a time for everything!

And that concludes today's history lesson from supermoderator OL.
OL at beez - "Here, if you have a milkshake, and I have a milkshake, and I have a straw. There it is, it's a straw, you see? Watch it. Now my straw reaches across the room and starts to drink your milkshake. I... drink... your... milkshake. I drink it up!"

Do not engage in useless activity ... and ... from one thing, know many things!

Think Globally, Act Locally, Feel Internally ... Wash, Rinse, Dry and Repeat!

It's Just A Ride!
@"OmegaLogos" 

I had a Professor once at the University of Beijing that told us he believed Humans Predated Dinosaurs a very advanced race of Humans.
They wiped themselves out, all put a few million and the Footprints alongside Dinosaurs are those Survivors even with the meteor that destroyed the Dinosaurs.   
Humans basically just barely survived. 
A advanced Alien Race then came to Earth and Manipulated the DNA of some Humans and we had Giants and Humans once again began to Prosper and build and advanced themselves.

Those were his ideas or thoughts on the subject in the early 70's.
Quote:Ancient Fossils from Morocco Mess Up Modern Human Origins
The year was 1961.
Quote:Dated to more than 300,000 years ago, the finds raise key questions about the defining features of Homo sapiens and how our kind came to be.
Just think about it. A Modern Human walking around 3000,000 years ago.
Have Main Stream Science rewrote the book on mans evolution yet?
Well They?
[Image: jebelcomposite.jpg]
 The reconstructed composite reveals a short, modern-looking face paired with a long, low braincase that calls to mind archaic humans. Credit: Philipp Gunz, MPI EVA Leipzig
Quote:The year was 1961. A barite mining operation at the Jebel Irhoud massif in Morocco, some 100 kilometers west of Marrakech, turned up a fossil human skull.
Subsequent excavation uncovered more bones from other individuals, along with animal remains and stone tools. Originally thought to be 40,000-year-old Neandertals, the fossils were later reclassified as 
Homo sapiens—and eventually redated to roughly 160,000 years ago.
Still, the Jebel Irhoud fossils remained something of a mystery because in some respects they looked more primitive than older 
H. sapiens fossils.

Experts have long agreed that H. sapiens got its start in Africa. Up to this point, the oldest commonly accepted traces of our species were 195,000-year-old remains from the site of Omo Kibish and 160,000-year-old fossils from Herto, both in Ethiopia. Yet DNA evidence and some enigmatic fossils hinted that our species might have deeper roots.

In their recent work, Hublin and his colleagues unearthed fossils of several other individuals from a part of the Jebel Irhoud site that the miners left undisturbed. The team's finds include skull and lower jaw bones, as well as stone tools and the remains of animals the humans hunted.
Multiple techniques date the rock layer containing the fossils and artifacts to between 350,000 and 280,000 years ago.
Source
(01-08-2018, 05:06 PM)Wallfire Wrote:

I too have found some strange things but nothing like what you found. I remembered reading about things like this and found one of the texts, I dont agree with it a 100% but its always good to look at all sides . Do you still have them ?

Sadly, I don't still have it. I was a kid at the time, and like so many things kids collect, it got tossed in a box and the box itself disappeared over the years. Along with it went a variety of other fossils I had collected from various locations, mainly "slate dumps", which around here are what we call the artificial mountains made out of the parts of the Earth that come out of coal mines that can't be used as coal. Some places they are called "spoils dumps", other places call them "tailings". I had the usual collection of fern fosils from the coal mines, and a few other oddities like a lizard of some sort that was around 6 or 7 inches long, and what I thought was a fossilized section of a snake, which I found out in later years was probably part of a branch of a "scale tree", or Lepidodendron, and not a snake or anything like a snake at all.

In the Cambrian era limestone deposits I grew up in, I've found all sorts of sea life from "stromatilites" which are layered colonies of bacteria that gave Earth her oxygen long, long ago, to shells and worm trails in what was, back then, the mud of a sea floor - but is now about 2400 feet above sea level. One thing I found there was never identified. It was a donut-shaped ring about 2 1/2 inches around at the outside, the surface of which was serrated with little diamond-shaped bumps. I took it to biologists and geologists at the University of North Carolina when I live there hoping to get it identified, but never found out what it was. One biologist said he thought it might be a "lamprey mouth".

All of my fossils, including the "machine screw" or whatever it was, are gone now. Even the slate dumps where many of them came from (not the "machine screw", however - I found it in Ohio), are disappearing. There used to be hundreds of them here where I live now, and not even a trace of a single one is left. They were hauled away in dump-truck loads in the interest of "ecology", with nary a thought about the paleontological remains they contained.
Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

I do believe there was a reset a little over 12,800 years ago when a comet impacted.. Coastal cities were flooded as the ice age came to a rather abrupt end. Mankind's history was lost by those who wanted to preserve what actually had happened in the past while other's wanted everyone to believe history started with them their new fearless leader..

What a loss and without a real time machine (with video and everything) it will be hard to change anything as far as mainstream history is presented.
(01-08-2018, 08:09 PM)OmegaLogos Wrote: ...As to our true origins ... Id say you are not going back in time FAR ENOUGH ok G', because there is the big bang and it could have been a Boltzmann brain also....
@"OmegaLogos"

Hi OL,

I have a theory!
Modern astronomers/scientists largely agree that all matter in the universe is expanding away from a single central point, (the point of origin of the Big Bang).

But Matter attracts matter.
Dust clumps together and forms larger clumps...
As the mass of the clumps increases, so does their attractiveness to other matter.
They grow and expand in size & mass until they have significant gravity.
Bodies of sufficient mass / significant gravity (planets & stars) attract one another and hold each other in the graceful dance of planetary systems and galaxies like our own Solar System in the Milky Way Galaxy.

What if... given enough time and the attractive forces at work... the expansion of all the universal matter starts to slow down?

Imagine if you will, a universe where every rock, meteor, asteroid, moon, planet, star etc is linked by massively long rubber bands (attracting them together like gravity).

The "Big Bang" happens... sending all of the matter in the universe streaming out away from point of origin, and for a few billion years expansion takes place, stretching the "rubber band" attractive forces further and further until....

The expansion begins to slow down... the attractive forces begin to have a significant impact... the rubber bands are stretched to their limit!
Then... the expansion stops.
The rubber bands start pulling the massive bodies back together... the universe starts to Contract!

For the next billion years the matter slowly but steadily accelerates as the bodies come closer and exert greater attractive forces on one another.
They accelerate out of control... Gravity takes over.... like the Super Mass at the heart of a gigantic black hole... nothing can escape!
All of the matter in the entire universe is pulled together to a single point and.....

BANG! (The next Big Bang happens and the cycle continues...)

No beginning that we can explain.
No end that we can envisage.

Endless cycles of Big Banging!

(I blame Postmen and their rubber bands!)

Cheers,
G
[Image: CoolForCatzSig.png]
An old but in my mind a very good sci.fi is Quatermass and the Pit . But make sure its the 1958 version, the newer version is just crap. It give a very good expernation of how humans came about.
(01-09-2018, 07:52 PM)Wallfire Wrote: An old but in my mind a very good sci.fi is Quatermass and the Pit . But make sure its the 1958 version, the newer version is just crap. It give a very good expernation of how humans came about.
Is this the movie?
(01-09-2018, 09:42 PM)guohua Wrote:
(01-09-2018, 07:52 PM)Wallfire Wrote: An old but in my mind a very good sci.fi is Quatermass and the Pit . But make sure its the 1958 version, the newer version is just crap. It give a very good expernation of how humans came about.
Is this the movie?

I've never seen that television-version, the only one I knew was the 1967 version.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=3075]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe.