Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
yesterdays prophecies / todays headlines
(12-22-2017, 12:28 AM)Grace Wrote: Dont think such a lame excuse will get you one of them cases full of cigars..

Well, I can play the spoons instead then. I already know where to find them. have you counted your spoons lately?

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

@"dadmansabode"

Quote:MOD NOTE FROM NINURTA:

Here's your public apology. I was only partly correct. The links in your signature are fine. The links within the body of your posts are not, but I will let those already there stand because it appears to me that, rather than trying to use yourself to support your argument, or trying to promote your blog, the links I questioned are being used to expand on your thought processes in reaching your conclusions. That's an entirely different thing, to my mind. I would prefer, however, that if you are going to do it that way, you would copy and paste the sections of your blog you are using as support here, and add the link to that material at the top or bottom of that section. That way, we as readers don't have to scamper across the internet to follow your logic - everything is all in one place. It would be best to post them as quotes, perhaps, to offset them and draw more emphasis to them.

That way, we can read the thoughts in order, follow the logic, and not have to scamper across the net, possibly losing our own trains of thought in the process and losing track of what you are saying and why you are saying it. I believe that way would promote a more amenable discourse.

Of course, that applies only to YOUR OWN material, your own thoughts. We would still have to link to third party sites, in order to avoid plagiarism and/or "intellectual property" entanglements.

I'm sorry, I apologize for not being clear, and we can get back to the regularly scheduled programming now.
Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Double post. Don't know how. First time it's ever happened to me here. I think.

@"Ninurta" 
You're Good Man Gunga Din.
I Think dadmansabode understands.

By the way,,,, you can play the Spoons, that's fine, but Grace said you'd be singing also,,, is that with gordi?
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
(12-22-2017, 06:34 AM)guohua Wrote: @"Ninurta" 
You're Good Man Gunga Din.
I Think dadmansabode understands.

By the way,,,, you can play the Spoons, that's fine, but Grace said you'd be singing also,,, is that with gordi?

I dunno about that - I've heard Gordi sing. He would show me up, make me sound like a croaking frog in comparison. I'm not sure that would be good for my image... and I have real doubts that Gordi would appreciate the accompaniment!

I was reluctant to mention this, but Boy In A Dress has a pair of small cymbals that attach to
the inside of one's knees. He's quite good with them, but he is still struggling with 'Stairway
To Heaven"

It might help.
tinyshocked
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
(12-22-2017, 07:03 PM)BIAD Wrote: I was reluctant to mention this, but Boy In A Dress has a pair of small cymbals that attach to
the inside of one's knees. He's quite good with them, but he is still struggling with 'Stairway
To Heaven"

It might help.
tinyshocked
GREAT!!!!!!
He's In!
Is the United Nations Fulfilling Ancient Biblical Prophecy?
well, let's consider this 
On Dec. 21, 2017, the U.N. united as one to stand against one city on the planet: Jerusalem. 
Twenty-five centuries earlier, the prophet Zechariah wrote these words from the Lord, 

I will gather all the nations against Jerusalem for battle” 
(Zech. 14:2a) Did the U.N. just move us one step closer to fulfilling this ancient prophecy? 
Before answering this question, let’s look at the events on the ground ........ source 

12-22-2017 .. How each country voted at the UN on Jerusalem status resolution 
12-21-2017 .. Trump Threatens to Cut Financial Aid to UN Members Backing Anti-Israel Jerusalem Resolution 
12-21-2017 .. Following the UN's decision to condemn the U.S., Nikki Haley rightfully pointed out . . . . 35:35 
12-18-2017 .. Anti-semitism in New York. This is what incitement looks like 
12-18-2017 .. U.S. vetoes UN call for withdrawal of Trump Jerusalem decision 
12-18-2017 .. UN Security Council to vote on outlawing Trump’s Jerusalem decision 
12-11-2017 .. Trump's Jerusalem Declaration Sparks Talk Of 3rd Temple 
12-09-2017 .. Jerusalem celebrations for recognition as capital of Israel from USA 
12-08-2017 .. UNRAVELING: Jerusalem riots spread to Indonesia and Malaysia 
12-06-2017 .. Pastor Charles Lawson 
12-06-2017 .. Trump officially recognises Jerusalem as the capital of Israel even Obama says so  

Prophecy concerning the Arab Nations 

The angel of the Lord also said to her: (Hagar) “You are now pregnant and you will give birth to a son .. You shall name him Ishmael (Father of the Arab Nations), for the Lord has heard of your misery. He will be a wild donkey of a man; his hand will be against everyone and everyone’s hand against him, and he will live in hostility toward all his brothers.” ...... Genesis 16:11-12
[Image: signature_01a.jpg]

(12-22-2017, 07:03 PM)BIAD Wrote: I was reluctant to mention this, but Boy In A Dress has a pair of small cymbals that attach to
To Heaven"

It might help.
tinyshocked

Well if you think about Gordi running around in the freezing weather in his Kilt, there should be lots of clinking and clanging coming from under the Kilt, so does that count ? Will our Gordi make it ????
@'dadmansabode' 

Quote:Tell me, you who want to be under the law, are you not aware of what the law says? For it is written that Abraham had two sons, one by the slave woman and the other by the free woman. The son by the slave woman was born according to the flesh, but his son by the free woman was born as the result of promise.

These things are being taken figuratively: The women represent two covenants. One covenant is from Mount Sinai and bears children who are to be slaves: This is Hagar. Now Hagar stands for Mount Sinai in Arabia and corresponds to the present city of Jerusalem, because she is in slavery (to the law - old covenant)

But the Jerusalem that us above is free, and she is our mother. For it is written: "Be glad, barren woman, you who never bore a child; shout for joy and cry aloud, you who were never in labor; because more are the children of the desolate woman than of the free woman."

Now you, brothers and sisters, like Isaac, are children of promise. At that time the son born according to the flesh persecuted the son born by the power of the Spirit. It is the same now. (Ethnic Jews persecuted early Christians, if you recall)

"Get rid of the slave woman and her son, for the slave woman's son will never share in the inheritance with the free woman's son."

Therefore, brothers and sisters, we (those under the new covenant) are not children of the slave woman, but of the free woman.

Galatians 4:21-31 (two comments in parentheses are my own)

http://biblehub.com/galatians/4-21.htm

Two covenants, two Jerusalems, one slave, one free. One is not God's - God abandoned one. That's from the new testament, showing the new covenant and the new Jerusalem as compared to the old, taught by the Messiah - himself a Jew - and by remnant Israel.

But let's just pretend that Zechariah hasn't been fulfilled - since you insist.  

14:16) Question - Will the modern Jewish peoples, under Messiah, be keeping all of the Old Covenant “feasts” when the N.T. writers (under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit) clearly state that such things were merely TEMPORARY TYPOLOGICAL TUTORS intended to lead Israel to Christ??

Will Christ then, in the future, lead the “modern Jewish Christians” and ALL THE NATIONS OF THE MODERN WORLD backwards – to those ancient and “rudimentary things” ( Gk: “stoicheion” – Col 2:8, 20; 2 Pet 3:10) that only served to point to Messiah, the cross, the resurrection, etc.???

The New testament writers tell us that a return to the Mosaic Economy (the OLD covenant system) would be to apostatize from Christ and to invalidate the cross of Christ!!

(14:16) – Will “all the nations” [of the entire modern world] soon be “going up” to the modern city of Jerusalem each year to celebrate the Jewish feasts?? How will we all fit??

Will all the nations of the world soon suddenly keep the feast of booths (tabernacles) yearly? Because, if we do not, God is going to bring plagues upon all those wicked nations and destroy their crops by withholding rain. (14:17-20)

Is modern Israel under Messiah going to return to the animal sacrifices that the new testament says would be nothing short of “blasphemous” (study the Book of Hebrews)?

For Zechariah to be speaking of a yet future date in a very literal and earthly sense, your saying that God will demand we become apostate and punish us all if we dont... which decidedly doesn't sound like something my God would demand. ...

Herein lies my problem with interpreting Zechariah your way where as with my interpretation there are no contradictions, no God punishing me if I refuse to sin, no twisting our heads a million directions all at once to make it all fit... just a clear explanation that makes sense.
(12-23-2017, 11:21 AM)Grace Wrote: @'dadmansabode' 

Quote:Tell me, you who want to be under the law, are you not aware of what the law says? For it is written that Abraham had two sons, one by the slave woman and the other by the free woman. The son by the slave woman was born according to the flesh, but his son by the free woman was born as the result of promise.

These things are being taken figuratively: The women represent two covenants. One covenant is from Mount Sinai and bears children who are to be slaves: This is Hagar. Now Hagar stands for Mount Sinai in Arabia and corresponds to the present city of Jerusalem, because she is in slavery (to the law - old covenant)

But the Jerusalem that us above is free, and she is our mother. For it is written: "Be glad, barren woman, you who never bore a child; shout for joy and cry aloud, you who were never in labor; because more are the children of the desolate woman than of the free woman."

Now you, brothers and sisters, like Isaac, are children of promise. At that time the son born according to the flesh persecuted the son born by the power of the Spirit. It is the same now. (Ethnic Jews persecuted early Christians, if you recall)

"Get rid of the slave woman and her son, for the slave woman's son will never share in the inheritance with the free woman's son."

Therefore, brothers and sisters, we (those under the new covenant) are not children of the slave woman, but of the free woman.

Galatians 4:21-31 (two comments in parentheses are my own)

http://biblehub.com/galatians/4-21.htm

Two covenants, two Jerusalems, one slave, one free. One is not God's - God abandoned one. That's from the new testament, showing the new covenant and the new Jerusalem as compared to the old, taught by the Messiah - himself a Jew - and by remnant Israel.

But let's just pretend that Zechariah hasn't been fulfilled - since you insist.  

14:16) Question - Will the modern Jewish peoples, under Messiah, be keeping all of the Old Covenant “feasts” when the N.T. writers (under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit) clearly state that such things were merely TEMPORARY TYPOLOGICAL TUTORS intended to lead Israel to Christ??

Will Christ then, in the future, lead the “modern Jewish Christians” and ALL THE NATIONS OF THE MODERN WORLD backwards – to those ancient and “rudimentary things” ( Gk: “stoicheion” – Col 2:8, 20; 2 Pet 3:10) that only served to point to Messiah, the cross, the resurrection, etc.???

The New testament writers tell us that a return to the Mosaic Economy (the OLD covenant system) would be to apostatize from Christ and to invalidate the cross of Christ!!

(14:16) – Will “all the nations” [of the entire modern world] soon be “going up” to the modern city of Jerusalem each year to celebrate the Jewish feasts?? How will we all fit??

Will all the nations of the world soon suddenly keep the feast of booths (tabernacles) yearly? Because, if we do not, God is going to bring plagues upon all those wicked nations and destroy their crops by withholding rain. (14:17-20)

Is modern Israel under Messiah going to return to the animal sacrifices that the new testament says would be nothing short of “blasphemous” (study the Book of Hebrews)?

For Zechariah to be speaking of a yet future date in a very literal and earthly sense, your saying that God will demand we become apostate and punish us all if we dont... which decidedly doesn't sound like something my God would demand. ...

Herein lies my problem with interpreting Zechariah your way where as with my interpretation there are no contradictions, no God punishing me if I refuse to sin, no twisting our heads a million directions all at once to make it all fit... just a clear explanation that makes sense.
My husband just Nods his head and says,,,"Grace is Absolutely Correct, Very Well Said."  minusculethumbsup2
@'guohua' 

Tell Mr. G thank you for the compliment...
Herein lies my problem with interpreting Zechariah your way .... I did not ' interpret' Zechariah, I just displayed it

tell me when in the past did  'all nations gather to battle against Jerusalem' ??

all your questions, well, you can take whatever positions you like ... not really my concern

"I (God) am going to make Jerusalem a cup that sends all the surrounding peoples reeling".

and

"I (God) will gather all the nations against Jerusalem for battle" ?? << indeed (for me) a scenario to watch on a daily basis

Hebrews 10:19 .. therefore .. brethren .. since we have confidence to enter the holy place by the blood of Jesus
10:20 .. by a new and living way which he inaugurated for us through the veil .. that is .. his flesh
10:21 .. and since we have a great priest over the house of God
10:22 .. let us draw near with a sincere heart in full assurance of faith .. having our hearts sprinkled clean from an evil 
.......... conscience and our bodies washed with pure water
10:23 .. let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering .. for he who promised is faithful
10:24 .. and let us consider how to stimulate one another to love and good deeds
10:25 .. not forsaking our own assembling together .. as is the habit of some .. but encouraging one another .. 
..........  and all the more as you see the day drawing near

(12-23-2017, 06:05 PM)dadmansabode Wrote: I did not ' interpret' Zechariah, I just displayed it

You say you did not "interpret" Zechariah you simply "displayed" the verses. 

Which is fine but you are dealing with the category of scripture that is prophecy, therefore it demands an interpretation - an understanding of what those prophecies actually mean.  

Recall If you will, the Pharaohs dream of the 7 cows in Genesis: (The account begins in Genesis 41:15)

Quote:"When out of the river there came up seven cows, fat and sleek, and they grazed among the reeds. After them, 7 other cows came up - scrawny and very ugly and lean."

This prophetic dream was representative of something else, it was predicting 7 years of Feast and 7 years of famine in Egypt - yet, without God's explanation not even Joseph knew what that dream meant. If you just took it at face value then it's just the Pharaoh dreaming of cows - no big deal, and you would be wrong.

All prophecy is like that. Taking the Messianic prophecies at face value you would miss the Messiah altogether - all prophecies have an interpretation...

You, are basing all your beliefs on prophecy without an interpretation for them - and in this way, misleading yourself and attempting to mislead others, because your not taking understanding of prophecy from God.

That is a sad thing, as these things affect all your decisions and thought processes now.

Instead of heralding the things that areTRULY important for the salvation of men, your supporting things that have no biblical basis and missing the point of salvation altogether.

I need to get on the computer (as I am right now on my phone) to make typing and answering your other question easier for me. Give me some time and I will address your question of when the nation's were against Jerusalem.
Mr.G. Here.

I'll say I'm Sorry in advance.  tinybiggrin

But, what is really being talked about is the last days.
The Messiah Returning to Earth.
(So where has he /she been this whole time?)

The Messiah, (Jesus Christ), will return at the very end of the coming ‘Apocalypse’ to save the remnant of Israel from the armies of the world which will one day gather against the Nation of Israel. He will then rule and reign over Israel and over ALL The Nations of the World. (Really) 

Jesus says when He returns to rule there will be no question it is Him. When He again steps forth from Eternity every eye will see Him Coming In The clouds, with Millions from Heaven, in Power and Great Glory. (REALLY?) 

Here are just some verses I remember.

"Behold,

He is coming with Clouds, and EVERY eye will see Him, even they who pierced Him. And all the tribes of the Earth will mourn because of Him "

(Revelation 1:7)
OK,,, Ask yourself, What is the reference to Clouds?

"For behold,
     The LORD will come with Fire and with His Chariots, like a Whirlwind, to render His anger with fury, and His rebuke with Flames of Fire.
      For by Fire and by His Sword, the LORD will judge all flesh and the slain of the LORD shall be many."
     (Isaiah 66:15-16)

Ok,,,, what are his actual Chariots?

I'm Sorry, but first.
Neither, God or Jesus has been seen or heard from in How Many Years?
Did the All Knowing God or the Loving Jesus Stop Hitler, Stalin, Mao or some many others.

Sounds a lot like to me, we're waiting for the arrival of our Alien creators.
I'm Sorry, but first.
Did the All Knowing God or the Loving Jesus Stop Hitler, Stalin, Mao or some many other (atheistic-based dictators)

indeed, prophecies being fulfilled ....  the coming day of the Lord 

II Peter 03:03 .. know this first of all .. that in the last days mockers will come with their mocking .. following after their own lusts
03:04 .. and saying . . . where is the promise of his coming .. for ever since the fathers fell asleep .. 
.......... all continues just as it was from the beginning of creation

03:05 .. for when they maintain this .. it escapes their notice that by the word of God the heavens existed long ago and 
.......... the earth was formed out of water and by water

03:06 .. through which the world at that time was destroyed .. being flooded with water
03:07 .. but by his word the present heavens and earth are being reserved for fire .. kept for the day of judgment and destruction of ungodly men
03:08 .. but do not let this one fact escape your notice .. beloved .. that with the Lord one day is like a thousand years .. 
.......... and a thousand years like one day

03:09 .. the Lord is not slow about his promise .. as some count slowness .. but is patient toward you .. 
.......... not wishing for any to perish but for all to come to repentance

(12-23-2017, 06:05 PM)dadmansabode Wrote: tell me when in the past did  'all nations gather to battle against Jerusalem' ??

My. This certainly escalated quickly!

I'll try to be a little more forthcoming when I get home from work this evening, but for now I'll Give my thoughts on the above quoted section.

My answer to that would be "never", and it's not happening now, either. In days of yore it was the Philistines, Assyrians, and Babylonians, but not all at once, as far as I can recall. More recently, in 1948, 1967, and 1973 all of the Arab nations arrayed against Israel (and got their asses handed to them each time), but never ALL nations...

And not now, either. A simple vote from the UN talking heads at that toothless paper tiger is not anything at all like "gathering to battle". Not even close. The UN couldn't battle it's way out of a ball of twine... and remember, the US provides the lion's share of the UN "peacekeeping" forces, so no worries there, either.

This is not the fulfillment of any prophecy. It's just politics as usual.

(12-23-2017, 08:31 PM)guohua Wrote: Mr.G. Here.

The Messiah, (Jesus Christ), will return at the very end of the coming ‘Apocalypse’ to save the remnant of Israel from the armies of the world which will one day gather against the Nation of Israel. He will then rule and reign over Israel and over ALL The Nations of the World. (Really) 

Jesus says when He returns to rule there will be no question it is Him. When He again steps forth from Eternity every eye will see Him Coming In The clouds, with Millions from Heaven, in Power and Great Glory. (REALLY?) 

"Behold,

He is coming with Clouds, and EVERY eye will see Him, even they who pierced Him. And all the tribes of the Earth will mourn because of Him "

"For behold,

the LORD will come

with Fire and with His Chariots, like a Whirlwind, to render His anger with fury, and His rebuke with Flames of Fire.

For by Fire and by His Sword, the LORD will judge all flesh and the slain of the LORD shall be many."

I'm Sorry, but first.
Did the All Knowing God or the Loving Jesus Stop Hitler, Stalin, Mao or some many others.

I have tried several times to post in response... but when I hit the backspace button instead of undoing some typing such as a misspelled word, its backing me out of this whole page and I then lose every word I type.. lol.

I am frustrated, but I would like to respond to you.. perhaps however, it is best I wait to do so, as at this point I have no earthly idea why this is happening, or how to fix it.

lol
(12-23-2017, 10:04 PM)dadmansabode Wrote: I'm Sorry, but first.
Did the All Knowing God or the Loving Jesus Stop Hitler, Stalin, Mao or some many other (atheistic-based dictators)

indeed, prophecies being fulfilled ....  the coming day of the Lord 

II Peter 03:03 .. know this first of all .. that in the last days mockers will come with their mocking .. following after their own lusts
03:04 .. and saying . . . where is the promise of his coming .. for ever since the fathers fell asleep .. 
.......... all continues just as it was from the beginning of creation

03:05 .. for when they maintain this .. it escapes their notice that by the word of God the heavens existed long ago and 
.......... the earth was formed out of water and by water

03:06 .. through which the world at that time was destroyed .. being flooded with water
03:07 .. but by his word the present heavens and earth are being reserved for fire .. kept for the day of judgment and destruction of ungodly men
03:08 .. but do not let this one fact escape your notice .. beloved .. that with the Lord one day is like a thousand years .. 
.......... and a thousand years like one day

03:09 .. the Lord is not slow about his promise .. as some count slowness .. but is patient toward you .. 
.......... not wishing for any to perish but for all to come to repentance

Your link to Atheist Dictators, just shows me and others that you know nothing of being born and raised a Socialist/Communist.
I was.
I also worked for an Agency that was under direct control of the Central Committee for the People Republic of China. The Ministry of State Security (MSS).

I nor any of my Comrade that I knew had ever been ordered to Investigate, Infiltrate or Arrest and Imprison any Christians. Religions were not Sanctioned or Recognized by the Government, but as long as they kept to Religion and Not Politics or protesting, they were left alone, the rule of Thumb was this, The Central Committee Makes The Rules YOU Live By and The Central Committee also see that You give them Respect and Acknowledgement.
Unless of-course you were to the use or threatened use of violence to affect political or ideological change in the People's Republic of China. 
Like the Uyghur Muslims of Xinjiang, China. 

I spoke with my husband about how Christians were treated in the Soviet Union in the late 70's and early 80's when he was there working for The U.S. Government.
He says from what he remembers, they were not Harassed or Prosecuted as long as they keep quiet and didn't make trouble.
You need to remember the Russian Roman Catholic Church has been a part of everyday Russians lives for a Very Long Time.

So, @"dadmansabode"  Your Religious Propaganda Link is just that Propaganda.
(12-24-2017, 12:57 AM)Grace Wrote:
(12-23-2017, 08:31 PM)guohua Wrote: Mr.G. Here.

"Behold,

"For behold,

the LORD will come

with Fire and with His Chariots, like a Whirlwind, to render His anger with fury, and His rebuke with Flames of Fire.

I'm Sorry, but first.

I have tried several times to post in response... but when I hit the backspace button instead of undoing some typing such as a misspelled word, its backing me out of this whole page and I then lose every word I type.. lol.

I am frustrated, but I would like to respond to you.. perhaps however, it is best I wait to do so, as at this point I have no earthly idea why this is happening, or how to fix it.

lol
I don't know what to say about your keyboard problems,,,,, sorry.

But my Husband said that He Did Apologize in Advance for his post  :smallgreenangel: