Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[UK] The Thought-Police Are Thinking Of You At This Time Of The Year.
'Tis the season to be jolly.
tinysure

Quote:Man charged over rocket launcher snowman in Londonderry.

'A 29-year-old man has been charged after a snowman holding a rocket launcher was painted on the
window of a republican support group's office in Londonderry.
The image included the message: "Wishing you an Explosive Christmas."

[Image: attachment.php?aid=2922]

It appeared at the office of the Irish Republican Prisoners Welfare Association in Chamberlain Street.
The man has been charged with two counts of permitting display of anything provocative.
It follows the appearance of the display in October.

The Police Service of Northern Ireland said the man is due to appear at the magistrates' court in Derry
on 3 January. All charges will be reviewed by the Public Prosecution Service for Northern Ireland...'
SOURCE:

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
(12-08-2017, 10:18 PM)BIAD Wrote: 'Tis the season to be jolly.
tinysure

Quote:Man charged over rocket launcher snowman in Londonderry.

'A 29-year-old man has been charged after a snowman holding a rocket launcher was painted on the
window of a republican support group's office in Londonderry.
The image included the message: "Wishing you an Explosive Christmas."

[Image: attachment.php?aid=2922]

It appeared at the office of the Irish Republican Prisoners Welfare Association in Chamberlain Street.
The man has been charged with two counts of permitting display of anything provocative.
It follows the appearance of the display in October.

The Police Service of Northern Ireland said the man is due to appear at the magistrates' court in Derry
on 3 January. All charges will be reviewed by the Public Prosecution Service for Northern Ireland...'
SOURCE:
He's Talented,,,,, Full Of Hate,,,, But He's Got Talent!
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
Considering the history of the "troubles" and the atmosphere of terror and killing the world has at the moment what he did was not even funny.
Perhaps im an old fart but I still believe and hope that Christmas and the things that remind us of Christmas should not be used for evil.
Christmas is still a time when most people show the love and care that they have somehow lost during the year
Only in Ireland, I reckon.

I was saddened to find that guns are outlawed in the Old Sod. I was shocked to find that even swords are illegal there. Now, to find out that even drawing an RPG is punishable under the law, well, I'm absolutely floored.

I don't understand how the fiercely independent Mountaineers here ever arose from such stock.

Just can't figure that one out a'tall. Makes me want to self identify as an Andaman Island native. If that hairy old dude in Florida can "self identify" as a little old Phillipina woman, I can surely deny my own heritage and instead self identify as a short black guy that chucks arrows at every helicopter he sees to keep it from landing!

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

(12-09-2017, 02:02 PM)Wallfire Wrote: Considering the history of the "troubles" and the atmosphere of terror and killing the world has at the moment what he did was not even funny.
Perhaps im an old fart but I still believe and hope that Christmas and the things that remind us of Christmas should not be used for evil.
Christmas is still a time when most people show the love and care that they have somehow lost during the year

No, I can see where you're coming from, Wallfire. it was probably done in sarcasm and that's
something that could be put to one side at this time of the year. 
It's ironic in a way due to this from 2013.

Quote:'...Fermanagh is having a £1m makeover as it prepares to host the G8 summit and the world's media in June.

For the last month shoppers have had to dodge ladders and scaffolding as dozens of painters have given a
fresh coat of paint to 150 shops and businesses in Enniskillen.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=2930]

Some empty shops and restaurants in towns and villages throughout the county have also had photographic
images attached to their windows to make them look like thriving businesses.
One, a former butcher's shop in Belcoo, appears to have an open door leading into a shop stocked full of fresh
meat, but it has been locked up for more than a year.
These "fake" shop fronts have made headlines on the other side of the Atlantic...'
SOURCE:

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(12-09-2017, 10:39 PM)Ninurta Wrote: ...I don't understand how the fiercely independent Mountaineers here ever arose from such stock...

The European Union can do that to a people. Remember, we're looking at generations that became
accustomed to being told what to think and do.

Many of today's Irish, English, Scottish, French and others, know no different. It's inbuilt to believe
nothing existed until you were born. I grew up with industrial sites and massive steel-works around me
and I knew... absolutely knew they could never -due to their size and importance, never change or fade
away.
They've all gone.

Northern Ireland always got the sh*t-end of the stick when it come to being part of Britain -just as
Scotland and Wales. Trading with Europe without countrywide trades only served the southern area
and through mass unemployment in the late seventies-early eighties, groomed the out-of-work
generations to become reliant on welfare.

Sadly, those days you speak of died with those who lived them.
minusculethumbsup