Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
US Senator John McCain diagnosed with brain cancer.
US Senator John McCain diagnosed with brain cancer.

'The former presidential nominee had a blood clot removed from above his left eye recently, revealing
the brain tumour. US Senator John McCain has been diagnosed with a brain tumour, his office has said.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=2174]

The Arizona politician had a blood clot removed from above his left eye last Friday and tissue analysis
since the procedure revealed a brain tumour, known as glioblastoma, was associated with the clot.

His doctors in Phoenix said the 80-year-old is reviewing treatment options that may include a combination
of chemotherapy and radiation. They added he is recovering from his surgery "amazingly well" at home and
that his underlying health is "excellent".

In a statement, Mr McCain's office said the senator "appreciates the outpouring of support he has received
over the last few days".
"He is in good spirits as he continues to recover at home with his family in Arizona.
"He is grateful to the doctors and staff at Mayo Clinic for their outstanding care and he is confident that any
future treatment will be effective."

This is not the senator's first experience of cancer - he had several malignant melanomas removed from
his skin in the 1990s and 2000s, including an invasive melanoma in 2000. Glioblastomas are particularly
aggressive and the American Cancer Society puts the five-year survival rate for patients over 55 at about
4%. But Mr McCain's daughter Meghan described him as "the toughest person I know".

"It won't surprise you to learn that in all this, the one of us who is most confident and calm is my father.
"Cancer may afflict him in many ways but it will not make him surrender. Nothing ever has."
Mr McCain has been a Republican senator for six terms and was also a presidential nominee in 2008,
losing to Barack Obama.

During the campaign in October that year, Mr McCain was approached by a voter who expressed fear
that Mr Obama was "an Arab".

Instead of taking the opportunity to speak badly of his rival, he corrected the lady and replied:
"He's a decent family man and citizen who I just happen to have disagreements with on fundamental issues
and that's what this campaign is all about."

On hearing of Mr McCain's medical condition, Mr Obama tweeted: "John McCain is an American hero and
one of the bravest fighters I've ever known. Cancer doesn't know what it's up against - give it hell, John."

As a Navy pilot, Mr McCain was shot down over Vietnam during the war there and was held as prisoner for
five years.
US President Donald Trump said that the senator "has always been a fighter".
He added: "Melania and I send our thoughts and prayers to Senator McCain, Cindy and their entire family.
Get well soon."

Mr Trump was criticised for denigrating Mr McCain's military record during the 2016 election campaign after
he said he was "not a war hero", adding: "I like people who weren't captured". Senate Majority Leader Mitch
McConnell described Mr McCain as "a hero to our Conference and a hero to our country".

Mr McConnell added: "He has never shied from a fight and I know that he will face this challenge with the
same extraordinary courage that has characterised his life."..'
SOURCE:

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
Well, it's a shame he has to go out like that,,,, but as far as leaving Office,,, the Sooner The Better!

McCain has been a Closet Democrat for the last 10 years.

We both admire him for his service and sacrifice for our country, but he should have left office 15 or 20 years ago.
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
I don't wish to speak ill of someone who may be dying, so...  I'll just keep my mouth shut and sit this one out.   tinysure
(07-20-2017, 10:28 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: I don't wish to speak ill of someone who may be dying, so...  I'll just keep my mouth shut and sit this one out.   tinysure

I'll say it for ya,,,,,, minusculethumbsup
Bye McCain, Sorry More Or less To See You Go.

You Pissed Off Most The People In Arizona By Talking Trash About President Trump and Our Country While Overseas.
I guess now you can blame your Stupidity on a Brain Tumor.

Edit to add:
Mr. G. comment.
Compassion, yes. Pity, yes. Maudlin, no.  

Too many feel obligated to make McCain something he isn't. You can't find a dozen people in the state who can name anything the "maverick" has done for Arizona during his 30-year death grip on the Senate seat. 
In fact, he has opposed Arizona's war on illegal immigration - and ran in the total opposite direction by 'fighting for amnesty until I die.' 

He has LIED through his teeth in both 2010 and 2016 feigning concern about the issue, then immediately switched back to his Chamber of Commerce cheap-labor ways after reelection.  

Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
There has been more than once when I thought McCain was off his rocker... But this is a bad way and a sad way to end ones life. Glioblastoma is a grade IV or stage 4 cancer/tumor...which means it has a propensity to spread rapidly... Most people do not make it for 2 years with treatment..IMO but I ain't a doctor...