Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Two very big crashes reinacted
I never liked the DC-10 so I never did bid the aircraft. The MD-80 I did fly for a couple of years but always thought it was a poor excuse for an airliner... I was and still am a Boeing kinda guy.. Airbus and their computer flying never entered my consideration for something I wanted to fly.

Oh wow!  I'm surprised ANYONE survived in that first video, let alone the pilots... being the first to hit.  That had my heart pounding like I was actually aboard myself!   tinywhat 

The second one is one of my biggest fears, going in the water with no way out.    No survivors on that one.  Sad.   tinycrying

AND THAT (the videos), LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, IS WHY I DON'T FLY!    minusculenonono
(05-07-2017, 07:36 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: Oh wow!  I'm surprised ANYONE survived in that first video, let alone the pilots... being the first to hit.  That had my heart pounding like I was actually aboard myself!   tinywhat 

The second one is one of my biggest fears, going in the water with no way out.    No survivors on that one.  Sad.   tinycrying

AND THAT (the videos), LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, IS WHY I DON'T FLY!    minusculenonono

Mystic my dear I flew for over 52 years and did a few years on the airshow circuit... I have been shot down, crashed, mechanicaled down, yet my body is still all in one piece and I never had a passenger get killed on one of my flights...

Driving a car with idiots, druggies, drunks, etc etc on the road is absolutely more dangerous... Also if you ever go overseas it is a great act if you can walk on water or take a slow boat to China.. 

Those were two of the worst mechanical crashes that happen with US registered aircraft while I was working... I used to think of all the people who would be alive today if it were not for the DC-10 which was a great money making airplane as long as everything was working correctly but it was a POS when things broke down.. The DC-10 had 3 hydraulic pumps and independent systems.. Any one system could keep you flying... But when number two engine blew it took out all three hydraulic lines which pissed all their fluid overboard.  The 727 could lose all hydraulics and would not turn into a lawn dart for I could still fly the bird good enough to make a safe landing someplace.  

The MD-82 video crash was due to the jack screw that positioned the horiz stab up and down stripped .... that mechanical system worked well but when they lost control of the horizontal stabilizers everyone was along for the ride to their new destination at the fish buffet.. 

Flying is very safe but it is also very unforgiving when it comes to a few things
(05-07-2017, 11:39 PM)727Sky Wrote:
(05-07-2017, 07:36 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: Oh wow!  I'm surprised ANYONE survived in that first video, let alone the pilots... being the first to hit.  That had my heart pounding like I was actually aboard myself!   tinywhat 

Mystic my dear I flew for over 52 years and did a few years on the airshow circuit... I have been shot down, crashed, mechanicaled down, yet my body is still all in one piece and I never had a passenger get killed on one of my flights...

Driving a car with idiots, druggies, drunks, etc etc on the road is absolutely more dangerous... Also if you ever go overseas it is a great act if you can walk on water or take a slow boat to China..

Yeah, that's what I've been told, but I'd rather keep my feet on the ground.   minusculebiggrin
Erm .... does that mean ya not wanna pilot the u.f.o when I finally manage to capture one sky ???  ....
Better to reign in hell ....
  than serve in heaven .....

(05-08-2017, 11:26 AM)Daitengu Wrote:
Quote:The tragedy of life is what dies inside a man while he still lives---Albert Einstein
 A  banker ran into his old friend Tom, an eighty + year old farmer,  in town. 

Tom had lost his wife a year or so before and rumor had it that he was marrying
a 'mail order' bride. 

Being a good friend, the banker asked Tom if the rumor was true. 

Tom assured him that it was. The banker then asked Tom the age of his new bride
to be. 

Tom proudly said, 'She'll be twenty-one in November.' 

Now the banker, being the wise man that he was, could see that the sexual appetite
of a young woman could not be satisfied by an eighty-year- old man.    Wanting his
old friend's remaining years to be happy the banker tactfully suggested that
Tom should consider getting a hired hand to help him out on the ranch, knowing
nature would take its own course. 

Tom thought this was a good idea and said he would hire one that afternoon. 

About four months later, the banker ran into Tom in town again. 

'How's the new wife?', asked the banker. 

Tom proudly said, 'Good - she's pregnant.' 

The banker, happy that his sage advice had worked out, continued, 'And how's the hired hand?' 

Without hesitating, Tom said, 'She's pregnant too.' 

Don't ever underestimate old guys.

Erm .... does that mean ya not wanna pilot the u.f.o when I finally manage to capture one sky ???  ....

If you can get it and I can start it, I would bet there are a few places in this universe we could enjoy... We could leave a trail of happy longing females the galaxy over... I would even bet if we needed a crew to help us there would be plenty of volunteers.... providing they could pass our stiff selection methods...hahah

I may have to ask my wife if I can go ? Sorry..