Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Total eclipse U.S.A. 2017
Stolen from another website.

[Image: TSE2017usa_espenak_1421.jpg]
I wish I was there, it's quite a feeling to stand under one and appreciate how
small you are in the bigger machine called  'the universe'!
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
Oh nice!  It will be going right over top of my area. 

It would be nice to have a time to expect this.  I'm sure more will come out with all the details as it draws closer.
(03-22-2017, 10:34 AM)BIAD Wrote: I wish I was there, it's quite a feeling to stand under one and appreciate how
I wish you were able to be there too.
BUT, I don't think Missouri, Kentucky or Arkansa would be the Place for BIAD to be,,, Oh, I don't know, you'd need to ask Mystic Wanderer if the Theme to Deliverance still played.
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
(03-22-2017, 08:40 PM)guohua Wrote:
(03-22-2017, 10:34 AM)BIAD Wrote: I wish I was there, it's quite a feeling to stand under one and appreciate how
I wish you were able to be there too.
BUT, I don't think Missouri, Kentucky or Arkansa would be the Place for BIAD to be,,, Oh, I don't know, you'd need to ask Mystic Wanderer if the Theme to Deliverance still played.

tinylaughing  I think if you go far enough back into the mountains, you can still hear the faint strumming of a banjo.   tinybighuh
YES! I booked a trip a few months ago specifically for this. The closest to Wisconsin was driving down to Missouri but I decided to head west. And seriously, the path goes right through Jackson Hole Wyoming so I tried to get in there, they were booked up by August of last year. So I'm staying in Montana instead (3 hours north of totality) but have a fun week at Yellowstone planned and will be driving to the best viewing spot. 

I'll be standing ON TOP of the Yellowstone Caldera when the sky goes black over the Grand Tetons. High noon at the Rocky Mountains in style  tinybiggrin tinycool . So please @"Mystic Wanderer" if there are any predictions on the web about Yellowstone blowing during the eclipse, don't tell me. I'll even give you a exclusive video evidence of either NOTHING happening, or a real time view into the devastation  tinycool
(03-23-2017, 12:07 AM)DuckforcoveR Wrote: YES! I booked a trip a few months ago specifically for this. The closest to Wisconsin was driving down to Missouri but I decided to head west. And seriously, the path goes right through Jackson Hole Wyoming so I tried to get in there, they were booked up by August of last year. So I'm staying in Montana instead (3 hours north of totality) but have a fun week at Yellowstone planned and will be driving to the best viewing spot. 

I'll be standing ON TOP of the Yellowstone Caldera when the sky goes black over the Grand Tetons. High noon at the Rocky Mountains in style  tinybiggrin tinycool . So please @"Mystic Wanderer" if there are any predictions on the web about Yellowstone blowing during the eclipse, don't tell me. I'll even give you a exclusive video evidence of either NOTHING happening, or a real time view into the devastation  tinycool

Sorry, but I must warn the world if impending doom is about to strike.  Just keep your eyes and ears closed and you won't have to know anything until  it's all over but the crying.   :smallwink:

Sounds like a great adventure.   minusculeknocks
(03-23-2017, 12:07 AM)DuckforcoveR Wrote: YES! I booked a trip a few months ago specifically for this. The closest to Wisconsin was driving down to Missouri but I decided to head west. And seriously, the path goes right through Jackson Hole Wyoming so I tried to get in there, they were booked up by August of last year. So I'm staying in Montana instead (3 hours north of totality) but have a fun week at Yellowstone planned and will be driving to the best viewing spot. 

WoW, sounds like fun,,, Yellowstone is a Beautiful place, I envy you. 
While you're there, keep us posted if the grounds starts to rise and grumble.
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
(03-22-2017, 09:15 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: tinylaughing  I think if you go far enough back into the mountains, you can still hear the faint strumming of a banjo.   tinybighuh

I asked Boy In A Dress about this and he said if he did go, he would not heed to requests
for him to squeal like a pig.
Not after last time.
tinysurprised
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe.