Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Madonna just got some very bad news from the secret service
Looks like the washed up hag getting more than she expected over her most recent comments about blowing up the whitehouse . With luck theyll arrest the bitch and throw her under the jail . 
washed up hag shoots off mouth get investigated by secret service.
Better to reign in hell ....
  than serve in heaven .....

(01-24-2017, 01:09 PM)Daitengu Wrote: Looks like the washed up hag getting more than she expected over her most recent comments about blowing up the whitehouse . With luck theyll arrest the bitch and throw her under the jail . 

That limelight is tempting especially when certain parts of one's body begins to sag!

Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
Actors should act and singers should sing. Most of these celebs couldn't care less about politics but show off cause it's good for their image, or so they think.

DeNiro has always been one of my favorite actors but when it comes to politics, he falls off the pedestal at 100 miles an hour.

Captain Kirk had always been a stereotype hero, Shatner being Canadian, one of my favorites. His stupid no common sense remarks on things over the years has left me seeing him as an opportunist.

Most of them are. They should stick to what they do best and avoid taking stances but hey...they're celebs...

Madonna's 'out of context my ass' little wh rant should indeed have consequences.

Imagine - just for a second - if any of us had been on that stand saying those exact words...what would've happened?

Being a celeb should not give you a free pass to promote acts of violence or terrorism.

No matter who you are.

~ Today is the youngest you'll ever be again ~
(01-24-2017, 01:51 PM)Sol Wrote: Actors should act and singers should sing. Most of these celebs couldn't care less about politics but show off cause it's good for their image, or so they think.

DeNiro has always been one of my favorite actors but when it comes to politics, he falls off the pedestal at 100 miles an hour.

Captain Kirk had always been a stereotype hero, Shatner being Canadian, one of my favorites. His stupid no common sense remarks on things over the years has left me seeing him as an opportunist.

Most of them are. They should stick to what they do best and avoid taking stances but hey...they're celebs...

Madonna's 'out of context my ass' little wh rant should indeed have consequences.

Imagine - just for a second - if any of us had been on that stand saying those exact words...what would've happened?

Being a celeb should not give you a free pass to promote acts of violence or terrorism.

No matter who you are..
CORRECT!  minusculeclap
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
(01-24-2017, 01:51 PM)Sol Wrote: Actors should act and singers should sing. Most of these celebs couldn't care less about politics but show off cause it's good for their image, or so they think.

No matter who you are.

I agree with you about being a celebrity should not mean you have a free pass to promote acts of terrorism..

But if I'm going to be honest, I mean, I think celebrities have as much right as anyone else and tweet/Facebook or just plain go rogue with their political stances. God knows I do.

The problem here is that their audiences can be anyone of any political stance, and your so high profile that anything you say can make news. Basically, these celebrities have risked alienating large percentages of their audiences, especially considering that the vote was split nearly 50/50..  on poplar vote it was only large California cities who tipped the scales.. 

So the risk is huge when your talking it's a possible half of your paying customers you are risking alienating every time you tell them they are stupid idiots in your opinion and your wanting to kill the president of the United States. (Sorry, this is an abhorrent thing for anyone to say - and especially when you can influence kids..)

Now here is the question, in a boycott ARE the right actually paying customers, or are these celebrities pandering their own customers. I haven't listened to Madonna since high school and I couldn't stand the whore then. I could boycott, but I don't buy her stuff anyway so it makes zero difference. 

When it comes to these movie celebrities there is a difference. I DO watch some of these movies and shows. I wanted so badly to see the new Ghostbusters movie (bad reviews or not I wanted to see it.. I loved Ghostbusters when I was young) Now, I AM boycotting it.. I will never so much as watch it on television. 

That said, it's a rare occasion I watch a movie in the theatre.. I used to go to the theatre once a month with my son, it was our thing to do together, and with my daughter it was to eat lunch out once a month, but now that I'm not in the same town as my son, I don't go to movies anymore. 

I will boycott these actors on television, if a channel shows one of these movies with actors I'm boycotting I'll not watch it even on t.v., but I don't know how much difference it makes. The economy has gotten so bad it's more difficult to do stuff like go to the movies for many Trump supporters, so I don't know how much of an impact boycotting will actually have. 

I do think we should pay attention and make a boycott list, but at the same time, I do wonder if these people getting up and saying this, are simply pandering to their own audiences...
(01-24-2017, 01:09 PM)Daitengu Wrote: Looks like the washed up hag getting more than she expected over her most recent comments about blowing up the whitehouse . With luck theyll arrest the bitch and throw her under the jail . 

I'll just sit back here and watch to see what happens.  I bet she gets scolded like a little girl, and sent on her way... just like Hillary was; nothing will happen.
If it was one of us peons, we would have been yanked off the stage and still be sitting in jail right now. tinyok

Money still talks!
(01-24-2017, 04:37 PM)Grace Wrote:

No matter who you are.

I agree with you about being a celebrity should not mean you have a free pass to promote acts of terrorism..

But if I'm going to be honest, I mean, I think celebrities have as much right as anyone else and tweet/Facebook or just plain go rogue with their political stances. God knows I do.

The problem here is that their audiences can be anyone of any political stance, and your so high profile that anything you say can make news. Basically, these celebrities have risked alienating large percentages of their audiences, especially considering that the vote was split nearly 50/50..  on poplar vote it was only large California cities who tipped the scales.. 

So the risk is huge when your talking it's a possible half of your paying customers you are risking alienating every time you tell them they are stupid idiots in your opinion and your wanting to kill the president of the United States. (Sorry, this is an abhorrent thing for anyone to say - and especially when you can influence kids..)

Now here is the question, in a boycott ARE the right actually paying customers, or are these celebrities pandering their own customers. I haven't listened to Madonna since high school and I couldn't stand the whore then. I could boycott, but I don't buy her stuff anyway so it makes zero difference. 

When it comes to these movie celebrities there is a difference. I DO watch some of these movies and shows. I wanted so badly to see the new Ghostbusters movie (bad reviews or not I wanted to see it.. I loved Ghostbusters when I was young) Now, I AM boycotting it.. I will never so much as watch it on television. 

That said, it's a rare occasion I watch a movie in the theatre.. I used to go to the theatre once a month with my son, it was our thing to do together, and with my daughter it was to eat lunch out once a month, but now that I'm not in the same town as my son, I don't go to movies anymore. 

I will boycott these actors on television, if a channel shows one of these movies with actors I'm boycotting I'll not watch it even on t.v., but I don't know how much difference it makes. The economy has gotten so bad it's more difficult to do stuff like go to the movies for many Trump supporters, so I don't know how much of an impact boycotting will actually have. 

I do think we should pay attention and make a boycott list, but at the same time, I do wonder if these people getting up and saying this, are simply pandering to their own audiences...

Having a right to do so does not necessarily mean that they should do so.

Most of these celebs are crowd and glory seekers, it's worth more to them to be applauded by many than money in itself.

Also, most of these celebs are people than our young ones look up to, taking them as examples.

No, I'm not talking about that asshole Michael Moore. Madonna went over a thin line that she shouldn't have crossed.

My bet - as she's a billionaire - is that she'll get her hands slapped and be told not to do it anymore.

That is where I have a problem with rights, by the way. Her rights aren't the same as mine because, one, she's rich, two, she's a celeb.

I would be scratching my nuts in jail somewhere if I had said those words instead of her. That is a certainty.

We could have a very long conversation on rights, Grace. Rights take multiple forms, depending on your gender, your affiliations, your status, your wealth, your political views or religious ones.

And don't get me wrong, I'm all for freedom of speech, have always been. But there are limits. Madonna, in her God syndrome way of thinking, crossed one of those and she should be held accountable just like any of us would be if we were the ones that have faulted in such an obvious way.

Meh, she didn't even apologize, for God's sake, she said her words were taken out of context. Superior much?

Hope the alphabet agencies show her how to come down her cloud a notch or two. Is all... : )
~ Today is the youngest you'll ever be again ~
(01-24-2017, 05:59 PM)Sol Wrote:
(01-24-2017, 04:37 PM)Grace Wrote:
(01-24-2017, 01:51 PM)Sol Wrote: Actors should act and singers should sing.

I agree with you about being a celebrity should not mean you have a free pass to promote acts of terrorism 

Having a right to do so does not necessarily mean that they should do so.

Also, most of these celebs are people than our young ones look up to, taking them as examples.

Hope the alphabet agencies show her how to come down her cloud a notch or two. Is all... : )

Again, I agree with you that Madonna committed a crime and should be charged.. on this she should not be held to a different standard than say, Timothy McVeigh. I saw what she said to be a threat from a potentially mentally disturbed person, who definitely needs help. I never once liked Obama's policies, and I hated what he did to our nation on all fronts. But never ever did I have thoughts of killing him, or destroying the white house. That's insane.

The difference I think, is whether due to their celebrity status, should they otherwise be held.to a different standard as anyone else? On this point, I believe no... they are people doing a job, entertainment, like anyone else. They just make a lot more than most, but so do CEO's..

While children and people look up to them I think that in and of itself is flawed and as parents we are allowing our children this internet/social media/television free reign they should never have. Not until adulthood should they be able to do whatever they want online.

So many parents don't care what is going into their children's head, and the bad influence upon our children is due to parental neglect.. not to do celebrities being people. If I have an underage child, would I want them reading everything Daitengu says? Well Hell no... yet so many parents don't supervise their children's online and television activities..

Sure, celebrities can go anywhere and say anything, but how much fault is upon the parent who allowed the child to hear it to begin with?
Big Grin 
I actually think that these so called celebs, who have way to much money so that they think that they are really much more important than
normal people, should be treated harsher than a normal person would be. That is because if a normal person said that they wanted to blow up
the White House the amount of others influenced enough to try it could be counted on a hand with no thumb. However because so many follow
every word these celebs spout their influence is far far wider and much more likely to brainwash some demented idiots enough for them to actually
try it.

Anyway here is a joke - not aimed at any particular celeb by the way.

Because of Tyrone’s stupidity and clumsiness, his teacher, was always yelling at him, "You're driving me crazy, Tyrone!"

One day, Tyrone's mother came to school to check on how he was doing. The teacher told his mother honestly, that her
son was simply a disaster, getting very low marks, and that she had never seen such a stupid boy in her entire teaching
career.The mother was so shocked at the feedback that she withdrew her son from school and moved out of Los Angeles,
and relocated to Dallas.

Twenty-five years later, the teacher was diagnosed with an almost incurable cardiac disease. All the doctors strongly advised
her to have open heart surgery, but there was only one surgeon in the U.S. who could perform the operation and he was located
at the Dallas Clinic. Left with no other options, the teacher decided to have the operation, which was successful.

When she came round after surgery she saw a handsome young doctor smiling down at her. She wanted to thank him, but could
not talk. Her face started to turn blue, she raised her hand, trying to tell him something but quickly died.

The doctor was shocked, wondering what could possibly have gone wrong so suddenly. Then he turned around and saw that
Tyrone, a janitor in the Clinic, had unplugged the life-support equipment in order to connect his vacuum cleaner.

If you thought for one moment that Tyrone had become a heart-surgeon, there is a high likelihood that you voted for Hillary Clinton.

tinybiggrin
Quote:If you thought for one moment that Tyrone had become a heart-surgeon, there is a high likelihood that you voted for Hillary Clinton.
True, Very True, They already voted for Obama Twice!
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
I agree with Just Looking.

Due to them being celebs and the large audience who follow them, I think they ought to be held to higher standards than your average person.

And your average Joe would be sitting in jail scratching his balls right now.  :smalleyeroll: 

All it takes is for one follower of Madonna's to act out on her comment of blowing up the W.H.
While your average Joe, has no followers to worry about, gets put behind bars.

So yeah, Celebs need to be held accountable for 'what' they say in my view.

But like Hillary, so many of them think they are untouchable, therefore they say/do as they please without having to worry about consequences.

a.k.a. 'snarky412'

To me holding celebrities to a different standard than you or I simply due to them holding a wider audience than most is to make the same mistake the left does and that is to forgo personal responsibility. 

The old adage our parents used to say, if all your friends jumped off a cliff would you follow them? Is something to keep in mind.. we stopped teaching personal responsibility and common sense. 

I believe in personal responsibility and common sense.. and it's not any celebrities job to teach it to my kids.. it's my own. Again, responsibility.. I'm responsible for my own, not some stranger a thousand miles away... and I don't care how wide of an audience they have..

The right should fight against the race to stupid.. not join the crowd.
(01-25-2017, 01:02 AM)Just Looking Wrote: ...Because of Tyrone’s stupidity and clumsiness, his teacher, was always yelling at him, "You're driving me crazy, Tyrone!"

One day, Tyrone's mother came to school to check on how he was doing. The teacher told his mother honestly, that her
son was simply a disaster, getting very low marks, and that she had never seen such a stupid boy in her entire teaching
career.The mother was so shocked at the feedback that she withdrew her son from school and moved out of Los Angeles,
and relocated to Dallas.

Twenty-five years later, the teacher was diagnosed with an almost incurable cardiac disease. All the doctors strongly advised
her to have open heart surgery, but there was only one surgeon in the U.S. who could perform the operation and he was located
at the Dallas Clinic. Left with no other options, the teacher decided to have the operation, which was successful.

When she came round after surgery she saw a handsome young doctor smiling down at her. She wanted to thank him, but could
not talk. Her face started to turn blue, she raised her hand, trying to tell him something but quickly died.

The doctor was shocked, wondering what could possibly have gone wrong so suddenly. Then he turned around and saw that
Tyrone, a janitor in the Clinic, had unplugged the life-support equipment in order to connect his vacuum cleaner.

If you thought for one moment that Tyrone had become a heart-surgeon, there is a high likelihood that you voted for Hillary Clinton.

tinybiggrin

Bravo-Bravo...! That is a perfect example of buying into a narrative that soothes a narcissistic belief-system
and aches for reality to be Disney-Land.
Truly, well done, JL!
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe.