Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Political realities 2022
As we have elections coming soon, (I'm going to vote today as a matter of fact, at the provincial level, by anticipation), I'm putting up this thread to clarify what many of us think of the political arena.

I no longer believe in a one versus one political propaganda. They both make promises they can't keep, to get you to vote for them, THEM as themselves for their own gains and power. It makes no difference who will win, you will end up at the short end of the stick.

Why do I vote then? Because I am still free to do so. I vote for the one who I think will do the less damage. Isn't that ludicrous, when you think of it?

I no longer vote for a political party that wants my wellbeing, that is utter bullshit. I no longer vote because a platform has been in my family for generations, that is also utter bullshit. I no longer vote for someone who will make a change for the people, another line of bullshit.

Disillusioned. By a long shot and from quite a long time ago.

Political parties are there for their own pockets, their own power grabs, their own profit. No matter who you vote for.

The time of people for the people has passed.

Our own provincial PM was told that he wasn't answering honestly, to which he replied, "I don't have to report to you.".

YES. YOU DO. You are a servant for the people or so you say in election times. See the difference?

Truth is, we like being divided. We enjoy trying to convince others that this is the person to vote for. We enjoy the opposition.

Yet, all our leaders are puppets now, bending a knee to the big corporations and the military complex. Mouth pieces. And they couldn't care less about you, no matter how white their teeth are when they smile at you and your chilldren, asking for your vote because they will help your family.

Or so they say. Then they will tax the shit out of you, let prices soar, groceries, gas, mortgages, rents. Squeezing you like a fucking rubber ducky.

But you're proud of who you voted for, he's your guy! Or she's your gal!

While your freedom evades you, little by little, like sand going through your fingers, you rejoice in pride.

You're left? You're right? You're somewhere in the center? Does it really make a difference? Really? REALLY?

If you think it does, you deserve every shit that's coming to you when elections are over.

I know I do. I'm voting today for the one that I think might give us a bit of our freedoms back. That might give us a bit more of leeway financially. That might be a bit better than his bloodsucking opponent.

But in the end, I'll still be fucked. That is the political realities of 2022.

Pipedreams.

Sol.
~ Today is the youngest you'll ever be again ~

Messages In This Thread
Political realities 2022 - by Sol - 09-25-2022, 03:20 PM
RE: Political realities 2022 - by Snarl - 09-25-2022, 05:16 PM
RE: Political realities 2022 - by Sol - 09-25-2022, 05:38 PM
RE: Political realities 2022 - by NightskyeB4Dawn - 09-25-2022, 05:45 PM