Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Be Careful of Online Orders
It appears that the BATFE is on the warpath again, this time intent on making criminals of anyone who is in possession of anything that might be wildly construed to be a "silencer" in the BATFE's wettest dreams. It seems they have been raiding and charging folks nation-wide on strength of a company's purchase records, or even just an internet history of purchasing diesel oil filters, as this gent got a visit from DHS over:

So, buying unrelated items, such as "super soaker" sights and oil filters, is enough for them to mash the items together from even unrelated sources and create a "crime" to be investigated out of whole cloth. Even more worrisome is their ability to correlate those purchases across diverse internet platforms to arrive at such a spurious conclusion.

I saw another video where a gent got in trouble for buying a wall hanger hook across the internet to hang his keys on - BATFE accused him of purchasing an "auto sear". Two more YouTubers are under indictment and in hot water for simply mentioning some kind of "car key card" or something like that, and that case is still ongoing. The charge was "conspiracy to distribute", but as near as I can tell they simply mentioned it. BATFE, on the other hand, says they took money (YouTube channel payments) for "promoting" it, thus "conspiring to distribute". I'm not sure why YouTube isn't under the same conspiracy indictment, since they apparently were the bag men for the money in this horrendous crime of simply speaking, and further than that, they provided the distribution platform for the speech. Why are they not "co-conspirators" given those facts of the case?

A big BATFE push currently is something called "solvent traps", which are also being sold as "fuel filters" apparently. They are what appears to be, in reality, unfinished firearms silencers. Now a lot of sites selling them appear to be promoting them as "entirely legal until you finish them" (Facebook tried to catch ME in that trap by promoting an ad for them in my news feed that said that very phrase - why is Facebook not on the carpet for "conspiracy to distribute" them? I wasn't born yesterday, so no way in hell was I gonna click on that bait link), but it seems BATFE declares otherwise, so I would strongly suggest that anyone considering dabbling in them just not do it. Who the hell needs that kind of headache for something that in all likelihood doesn't work anyhow? They raided one manufacturer of those items, and from the customer list, started sending out nasty letters to folks who had bought them for whatever reason - whether to illegally produce a silencer or whether to use them as a "solvent trap" as they are billed. Whether legal use or illegal use, BATFE is coming down on folks for simply having one, even an "undrilled" one.

Now, I'm not too familiar with the concept of a "solvent trap". it's apparently a device to drain cleaning solvents from a rifle barrel and contain them, but I've never used one. I've never even found a reason to use that much solvent in cleaning a rifle except in the old days, when rifles came packed in cosmoline and had to be thoroughly cleaned before use. back in those days, we just plugged the muzzle with a wooden plug, filled the barrel with gas, and let it stand overnight to dissolve the cosmoline. Then the next day we just drained the barrel by removing the plug and then cleaned it as normal to remove all the gasoline.

Customs in New York and Illinois (Chicago I'm guessing) are intercepting any such items coming in from overseas, seizing the packages, sending out nasty letters, and then trying to bait the addressees into coming to claim them. as General Akbar said, "it's a TRAP!".

The correlation of internet data and drawing of misguided conclusions, however, is the most concerning. It's almost like they are purposefully mashing together innocent or unrelated purchases in order to manufacture instant criminals, and it seems, from the items being targeted, that they are going after conservatives.

So next Halloween, if your wife sends you out - or if you go yourself - and pick up a bag of apples for the kids, and then recall you also need some straight pins for sewing the kids' costumes together at another store, you too could be an instant felon.

With the BidenHarris regime having turned the federal law enforcement agencies into their private police force to punish their political enemies rather than, you know, enforce law, and together with this development, it's getting crazy out there, so be careful y'all!

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
Be Careful of Online Orders - by Ninurta - 06-30-2022, 08:29 PM
RE: Be Careful of Online Orders - by Minstrel - 07-01-2022, 02:03 PM
RE: Be Careful of Online Orders - by Ninurta - 06-30-2022, 11:14 PM
RE: Be Careful of Online Orders - by ABNARTY - 07-01-2022, 10:51 AM