Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 4.86 Average
Merchandise and Food Shortages in a National Crisis
(05-24-2022, 03:49 AM)Bally002 Wrote:
(05-24-2022, 01:15 AM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote:
(05-24-2022, 12:37 AM)kdog Wrote: It has begun. 

The last few days of just running to the local convenience store , gas had jumped up to $ 4.59 and they have been out of gas for 3 days so far. 

Hardly any traffic on the roads. It's getting there.

Local gas is:
Regular $4.59 to  $4.65
Mid $4.85 to $5.09
Premium $5.19 to $5.39

I was shocked to find eggs in the local stores ranging from $4.35 to $8.75 a carton. I give away about twenty two dozen eggs a week. And quite a few of the people I know, and neighbors, have plenty of eggs, and they give theirs away as well. That may be why the stores sell theirs for so much.

I have noticed an increase not just in the price of goods, but much smaller packaging, and a change in the formulas in a lot of products. Many products have more water in them, and whatever they have done to the Pedigree dog food, it has caused my dogs to have loose stools. I have gone to making my own dog food.

But you are right. It has begun.

Just boil your eggs and pickle them.  Vinegar, a little salt and pepper afterwards is your brother/mother in this process.  Save your glass jars too.  Place the eggs in glass with vinegar.  Don't rely on plastics.  Place them away in a cool location and you'll know if you've done right as the lids require a wrench to open for us weak wristers.  

Thoughts as I love farm eggs,

Bally :)

I just completed my first jar of pickled eggs. I will try the first one three days from now.

I am crossing my fingers.

minusculebeercheers

For every one person that read this post. About 7.99 billion have not. 

Yet I still post.  tinyinlove
  • minusculebeercheers 

Messages In This Thread
RE: Merchandise and Food Shortages in a National Crisis - by NightskyeB4Dawn - 05-27-2022, 04:28 PM