Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 4.86 Average
Merchandise and Food Shortages in a National Crisis
Jeez Beez! Do what you can, but if things go south, you are going to be pretty well screwed.

My oldest brother, probably the first in our family to be the survivalist/prepper, is in a home now and needs a kidney, so dialysis every other day or end of story. My GF had thyroid problems and now has to take synthroid daily or she'll be toast in about a month. Pig thyroid glands might do the trick, of course human ones would be better (muh, ha, ha, haa). Me, my big problem is hypertension, but that can be controlled (and is being controlled) through diet and exercise, in other words, weight loss and on my feet constantly, something bound to occur when the SHTF.

The outlook for us older folk and our medical issues isn't all that great really, prescription medications should be at the top of the list for us dinosaur turds. Otherwise look to alternative treatments and the natural sources for any meds you will need. I mentioned salt, because, despite what they say about salt, you will die without it just as sure as you can starve or dehydrate to death. You need fat too. A high protein-low fat diet, like eating rabbit all the time, will starve you to death. If you have a healthy thyroid, then iodine is a must, it's hard to find naturally except for ocean kelp. Vitamin C of course, without it you get scurvy. etc.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Merchandise and Food Shortages in a National Crisis - by Michigan Swamp Buck - 05-21-2022, 04:14 AM