Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Dr Who And The Credit He Deserves.
(02-28-2021, 03:02 AM)kdog Wrote: I remember back in the mid to late 70's watching Dr Who with Tom Baker on BBC that can on in the US via the PBS channel. Sam many BBC shows on there.

I had the same experience. I lived in the Detroit area, and I remember that in 1978, when I was in middle school, our family moved to another house. Analog satellite TV was being scrambled and basic cable services were expensive and sucked. So we put up a good antenna way up at the peak of the roof (2 stories) and would watch broadcast TV.

The Detroit area had plenty of stations, ABC, CBS, NBC, PBS-USA, PBS-Canada, CBC from Canada, and a couple of independent stations like WGPR (a black owned and operated station) and a couple of religious networks. On good days I could pick up even more. So I had every possible station tuned in on my channel selection and got hooked on Monty Python, The Goodies, and of course Dr. Who played by Tom Baker (my favorite Dr.). Not many people I knew watched any Canadian stations other than occasionally CBC channel 9 that didn't have too much British programming really. Few people I knew heard of Monty Python and even less about the good Doctor.

I then leaned about the whole Dr. Who series and watched the early movies with the Daleks and Peter Cushing as the Doctor. I've seen the latest Doctor and even the episode with his new regeneration as a woman. Not much of a fan of the new stuff after that, "I say! Not very traditional this new doctor. The Queen should hear about this. Pass us the tea will you Mum?"

Messages In This Thread
Dr Who And The Credit He Deserves. - by BIAD - 02-27-2021, 09:32 PM
RE: Dr Who And The Credit He Deserves. - by kdog - 02-28-2021, 03:02 AM
RE: Dr Who And The Credit He Deserves. - by Michigan Swamp Buck - 03-01-2021, 04:01 PM
RE: Dr Who And The Credit He Deserves. - by BIAD - 02-28-2021, 12:15 PM
RE: Dr Who And The Credit He Deserves. - by Wallfire - 02-28-2021, 11:28 AM
RE: Dr Who And The Credit He Deserves. - by BIAD - 02-28-2021, 12:18 PM
RE: Dr Who And The Credit He Deserves. - by Wallfire - 02-28-2021, 01:18 PM
RE: Dr Who And The Credit He Deserves. - by BIAD - 02-28-2021, 04:09 PM
RE: Dr Who And The Credit He Deserves. - by Wallfire - 02-28-2021, 06:14 PM