Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Nearly all of us get worse with wear (aging), but holy cow.
(02-17-2021, 02:38 PM)Finspiracy Wrote:
(02-17-2021, 03:47 AM)kdog Wrote: I can't wait till it warms back up and can go hiking again. Been basically stuck at home not doing anything since I was laid of and now retired. I am ready to begin the rest of my life. Might go on a few bigfoot hunts.

You can do it now if you want. Go hiking, even if it is not warm at all. It is a matter of clothing. I am in trouble during summers, because the heat and humidity takes the pleasure away from my long walks, but i have to walk anyway. From point A to point B with a purpose. Like a grocery store visit or seeing a friend. Just leaving home, walking just to return home... no. No.

It is ALWAYS possible to add more clothing. But during summers, if i walk naked... uh... bad idea. Not a pretty sight and an overall lousy idea. But tempting, due to heat. Heat belongs to a sauna, nowhere else. Okay there is always Venus. Venus can keep it's heat.

When walking in the cold it is breathing the cold air that gets me after a while. I am warm enough and can get too warm if over dressed. I used to skate with no more outerwear on than a sweater, and was always too warm, but I was quickly piling on the jackets and coats after a time or two about the lake.

You are right. You can't take off enough clothes to bet the heat. In fact sometimes the more clothes you have off the hotter it is. I have given it a go or two when it was hot but still cool enough during the day that the skeeter were not out in force, but as @Wallfire said, walking naked in the summer is not a good idea at all. Especially out here in the woods. minusculebiggrin

For every one person that read this post. About 7.99 billion have not. 

Yet I still post.  tinyinlove
  • minusculebeercheers 

Messages In This Thread
RE: Nearly all of us get worse with wear (aging), but holy cow. - by NightskyeB4Dawn - 02-17-2021, 05:45 PM