Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
New California
Subdividing a state is not the same thing as sundering the Union. Some times, it is the only way to preserve a union. For a few years during the Civil War, Virginia had two duelling governments - one in Richmond, and another in Wheeling. Washington DC recognized the Wheeling government as the legitimate one and annexed it to the USA, and Richmond, which was at the time in another nation (CSA), contested that, and the new state of West Virginia was born in 1863.

The Virginians in West Virginia territory looked upon the Wheeling government as an "occupation government", and acted accordingly. There was a lot of blood spilled in that state between brothers before it was settled. It wasn't a spat between two year old siblings throwing toys at one another. Them boys threw lead.

Has anyone ever wondered why there are two Dakotas? Two Carolinas?

Splitting states off from previous states is not unheard of, nor did it damage the Union in any way,

Last spring, when the Richmond legislature was running roughshod over Virginians' Constitutional Rights, both State and Federal Constitutional Rights, West Virginia quietly passed a law allowing for Virginia counties to renounce Richmond and join to West Virginia, to preserve the rights of that county's citizenry. That's not just talk, they actually DID it, passed that law, because it was within their legal powers to do so. It had precedent, and had legal standing.

Personally, I'd love to see CA and NY split into "Sane CA and NY" and "The rest of what was". It would give Conservative types more recognition and more say in how the Marxist factions destroyed the nation. It could even prevent that, which at present is a foregone conclusion. I'd love to see all of VA west of the Blue Ridge leave VA and join WV. The culture is far closer than the Richmond/ Northern VA culture, and we would get more equitable representation in state government. It wouldn't do much in the national government unless a buttload of VA counties elected to join WV. Even then, there would be no change in the Senate, since Senate seats are apportioned two to a state and no new state is created there, but it might change the balance of the House of Representatives a mite, making it more equitable and wresting control of our representation from the clutches of Richmond and Northern VA. Right now, our voices have been muted, drowned out by rants and screams from Richmond and Northern Virginia. What we say matters nary a whit in how the state is driven into the ground by the Marxists.

At present, those two small localizations - Richmond and Northern VA, and to a lesser extent the Charlotteville area - are holding the entire rest of the state hostage for Soros and Bloomberg. That's not a reach, it's fact. Bloomberg bought himself a Marxist legislature in the last election, and Soros has been quietly purchasing DA's in Northern Virginia ever since, evidently with an aim to make the area into East Los Angeles or East Seattle or East Portland.

At least by joining WV, our voices might get heard somewhere when we vote, instead of universally ignored.

If CA split out like that, it would counterbalance the Marxist plans to make a state of Puerto Rico, and keep us on a more even keel. I'm all for that. I don't believe they can actually grant DC statehood as they have been muttering about, not legally anyhow. DC is a Federal District specifically to keep one state from "owning" the entire Federal Government. making a state of that mere city would create a crisis of epic proportions, with a single state lording it over an entire nation. How would y'all like to see that happen? We got a taste of it here in VA, with just Northern VA and Richmond lording it over the entire rest of the state, and I can tell you it's a bitter pill to swallow.

Let's do this. New York, VA/WV, and California get your shit together and in one box! Texas - I'm looking at you here, too. It might be time to exercise that option to subdivide into separate states that you reserved at your inclusion into the US...

The only downside I can see for Sane California is that the "rest of what was" is precisely the area the CCP has been eyeballing as locations for military bases in the US, which would place the Sane Californians smack dab on the front lines of the next World War that is coming, trapped between Communists and a really big mountain range. They would go down in history as where the line was drawn between Freedom and Slavery, and that often involves a lot of bloodshed.

Slavers, as a rule, don't give up slaving, and they don't die quietly.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
New California - by Mystic Wanderer - 12-20-2020, 07:44 PM
RE: New California - by guohua - 12-20-2020, 09:13 PM
RE: New California - by Mystic Wanderer - 12-20-2020, 09:19 PM
RE: New California - by guohua - 12-20-2020, 09:53 PM
RE: New California - by Mystic Wanderer - 12-20-2020, 09:58 PM
RE: New California - by NightskyeB4Dawn - 12-20-2020, 10:27 PM
RE: New California - by Ninurta - 12-20-2020, 11:19 PM
RE: New California - by BIAD - 04-02-2021, 03:49 PM