Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
I Think Our Hawk Has Lost Its Mate
Nature has been helping me reflect on the world around me, in the physical, and in my mind. It has been allowing me to make comparisons, and helping me value those things that seem unimportant or insignificant.

I was just out enjoying the beautiful weather. I love it when it is cool enough that you don't sweat, and warm enough that you don't need a sweater. It wasn't just the weather, it felt like I was covered in a blanket of well being. I can't explain it, it is something that has to be experienced.

Anyway, I heard my male hawk say "good morning", in hawk of course. He could have been saying something else, but I choose to translate it as "good morning". So I looked up and said good morning back, he was a good way up, so I don't know if he heard me. At this time lower down, I saw what looked like a grackle, flying in fast from the east. He spotted a tree with other birds and swooped down to seek refuge.

Before he could make it to the tree, another bird came up and shooed if away. It looked almost as it was saying, find your own damn tree. Of course this put both of them in danger, but the hawk was far enough away, enjoying his floating on the gentle thermals, so he paid no attention to the silly birds. The newly arrived grackle settled into a tree not far from the other, and the temperamental bird returned to his refuge.

It was just a simple, normal occurrence in nature, that made me reflect on this morning of 01/04/2021.

For every one person that read this post. About 7.99 billion have not. 

Yet I still post.  tinyinlove
  • minusculebeercheers 

Messages In This Thread
RE: I Think Our Hawk Has Lost Its Mate - by drussell41 - 11-30-2020, 11:37 PM
RE: I Think Our Hawk Has Lost Its Mate - by Wallfire - 12-01-2020, 02:38 PM
RE: I Think Our Hawk Has Lost Its Mate - by Wallfire - 12-01-2020, 02:53 PM
RE: I Think Our Hawk Has Lost Its Mate - by drussell41 - 12-02-2020, 05:25 PM
RE: I Think Our Hawk Has Lost Its Mate - by drussell41 - 12-02-2020, 08:46 PM
RE: I Think Our Hawk Has Lost Its Mate - by drussell41 - 12-03-2020, 11:29 AM
RE: I Think Our Hawk Has Lost Its Mate - by NightskyeB4Dawn - 01-04-2021, 04:48 PM