Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Some will not forget
(11-19-2020, 08:41 PM)PLOTUS Wrote: Astonishment...  thing is, nobody stopped the Khmer Rouge. I watched in horror being a vet and being with those people at times, and watching fn Peter Jennings do a bit on it or otherwise it was quieted hushed, or 60 minutes or Saturday Night Live would do it. 

This 'scorched earth' is by far the stupidest  of battle ploys. Until we stop employing hate and division, we will never cooperate and failure is insured.

So,  What do you do ? A new admin under Biden. Form a list of things that are possative and useful that Biden is set to do immediately... Use it to my benefit. 
Work within the system that that you can and avoid the rest but do not OBSTRUCT like Democrats did under Nancy Pelosi. 

Gott'a stop getting even altogether, and game it... use it to every advantage. There will likely be a few 'checks' thrown down to us plebeians to sate the hate. And hopefully  vaccines will be the major growth and rebound. Frankly we are in a mess and not of Trumps creation, one placed on us, a reason to war in most places. Some new ways will remain. Masks may be for a while yet. s'pose I can deal with that. Chose something you  think will prosper and put your time in it. All the time spent rioting, destroying, killing.... that won't be rebuilt... watch and see, and the businesses leaving never coming back. Homeless people all over California and Oregon, the lowest you can go towards  Zero nada. And finally... if you let this bs live in your head.... don't do it. Start planning a President for 2004  There are some pretty good choices out there. Even better than Trump. Who I liked and voted for. Or you can hate it and scream at the sky...:)

I did try your suggestion to make a list of the positive and useful things Biden is set to do right away. I worked at it for a while, and so far it has taken up exactly zero sheets of paper.

How did going along to get along and working within a rigged system work out for Pol Pot's victims? How did it work out for the Jews in Germany? Did everything turn out ok for the folks who went along to get along with Stalin? Maybe Mao's "Cultural Revolution" worked out well for folks?

Nossir. You may do as you please, but I will not keep on playing a rigged game after I know it's rigged. I have different rules to play by altogether.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
Some will not forget - by 727Sky - 11-19-2020, 12:23 AM
RE: Some will not forget - by Ninurta - 11-19-2020, 12:44 AM
RE: Some will not forget - by Minstrel - 11-19-2020, 09:17 AM
RE: Some will not forget - by Wallfire - 11-19-2020, 10:20 AM
RE: Some will not forget - by Ninurta - 11-19-2020, 06:28 PM
RE: Some will not forget - by BIAD - 11-19-2020, 11:17 AM
RE: Some will not forget - by F2d5thCav - 11-19-2020, 02:56 PM
RE: Some will not forget - by BIAD - 11-19-2020, 04:02 PM
RE: Some will not forget - by PLOTUS - 11-19-2020, 08:41 PM
RE: Some will not forget - by Ninurta - 11-20-2020, 01:21 AM