Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What Is The Internet Doing To Boomers’ Brains?
(10-31-2020, 09:51 PM)Antisthenes Wrote: Hmmmmm...interesting, high levels of pushback here. My Grandkids spend a ton of time on the internet but none of them are engaging MSM at all. Their interests seem to be more game and friendship centered.

I came to the conclusion that they don't care because they don't fear losing anything.

You can't sway the opinion of someone who doesn't care.

The opposite of love isn't hate, it's indifference.

Consider yourself blessed. 

Children just like old folk, are not all the same and they can surprise you without trying.

I had a conversation with my 14 year old nephew just last night. Sometime over the last six months he has come to some disturbing and ridiculous view points about Jews.

Keep in mind that this young man is being raised in a Christian home and has Jewish heritage. His supposed accidental veiwing of memes, disinformation, and just plain hateful information posted on the internet, has placed some pure garbage in his head. 

He is of the belief that he is smart, because he is in advanced honors classes. It did not take very long before he was backtracking as I questioned his declarations. 

I did not attack him. I took on the role of a student seeking clarification and knowledge. He admitted that I made some good points, and that he didn't have answers to some of my questions, and said he was going to have to look it up.

I was surprised to hear my nephew saying some of the things he was saying, but I should not have been. I pray that he was really just trying to see if he could bait me in, and thinks he was playing a clever joke.

I work with teens on a regular basis and I am very much aware of the influence that the internet and influencers have on the malleable minds of so many teens. So I should not of have been surprised at all.

I am not saying this is true for all children, but too many are victims of influencers as they are now named.

I will also add that a dear friend is presently in family counseling, in response to some serious trouble her  nine year old daughter got into playing around the internet. As most already know, children have to be supervised when using the internet, because it is not something children should be playing around with without supervision.

For every one person that read this post. About 7.99 billion have not. 

Yet I still post.  tinyinlove
  • minusculebeercheers 

Messages In This Thread
RE: What Is The Internet Doing To Boomers’ Brains? - by Wallfire - 10-31-2020, 08:42 AM
RE: What Is The Internet Doing To Boomers’ Brains? - by Wallfire - 10-31-2020, 09:18 AM
RE: What Is The Internet Doing To Boomers’ Brains? - by Wallfire - 10-31-2020, 11:23 AM
RE: What Is The Internet Doing To Boomers’ Brains? - by NightskyeB4Dawn - 11-01-2020, 07:05 PM