Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Mask - Good or Evil? No, not the movie.
Is the mask mandatory where you live?

I'm asking because, you see, it IS mandatory where I live and the side effects are worth a discussion.

Oh I'm not talking about health issues that you can get from a mask but the overall stigmas and paranoia that has come from this new unregulated law. I say unregulated because the business people owning stores have to implement it and THEY will get fined if it's not, not the customer.

So, in other words; it's a freakin' free for all..

First, there are those new unofficial mask policemen and policewomen (being polite here, they're more like the Gestapo) who will tell you your mask is too big, too small, not set properly, doesn't seem clean enough, is made of the wrong material and blah blah blah. The more paranoid they are, the worse your mask seems to be.

Just yesterday, a customer was refused service at the counter of a liquor store, here where I live, because his nose was exposed. I shit you not.

The cashier (whom I'll subtly call "Klaus the Nazi") just told the guy "put that mask over your nose or I won't serve you.."

To which the customer replied "The hell is wrong with you? Listen buddy, even if I'd sneeze, it'd still have to go through my mask, through the plexiglass between us and then through your mask..so..you can't be serious?"

The cashier threatened to call the police.

How crazy is that? Like, when is too much just too much?

At the beginning of this pandemic (debatable), we were told that masks are health hazards and shouldn't be worn. Then we were told that masks are recommended in certain conditions. Now, they're like a fucking life or death scenario.

Some people are so scared now, I have NEVER seen anything like this. And some other people have become their own Marvel heroes of righteousness..Legends in their own minds.

I was at the grocery store yesterday, at the counter, there was a woman in front of me,and I had this 6 feet distance between us. I moved my cart ONE FOOT closer to start putting my things on the conveyor belt and that woman in front me (a woman in her forties that looked like that beautiful lady from "Throw Momma off the train") just pushed my cart back with one hand and put her other hand in the air, like a stop sign... I was invading her 6 feet self inflicted safe zone bubble apparently..by a few inches.

I just looked at her and couldn't find something to say. I was just like...wow...

Fear. Unfounded, baseless, delusional fear.

I don't have a problem wearing a mask in public areas, I don't like it but I comply.

I don't have a problem washing my hands when I get into a store. I don't like it but I comply.

I don't have a problem keeping a distance from others. Reasonable distance is fine by me.

I DO have a problem with people that have their self inflicted fears take over them, to the point where both butt cheeks are so tight that farts can't get through.

C'mon. This isn't the black pest. It isn't the plague.

But thanks to our elected officials, thanks to the WHO, thanks to our health organizations, thanks to the Medias that capitalize on that fear for ratings, for many, this has now become a life or death scenario.

Which it is not.

2020, causing irrational fears near you. Enjoy.

I just hate it.

Sol.
~ Today is the youngest you'll ever be again ~

Messages In This Thread
The Mask - Good or Evil? No, not the movie. - by Sol - 07-30-2020, 03:12 PM
RE: The Mask - Good or Evil? No, not the movie. - by Wallfire - 07-30-2020, 06:07 PM
RE: The Mask - Good or Evil? No, not the movie. - by Wallfire - 07-31-2020, 09:48 AM
RE: The Mask - Good or Evil? No, not the movie. - by Wallfire - 08-01-2020, 09:14 AM