Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Woman’s Survival Garden Seized and Destroyed by Authorities
Seriously? Is this what the nation is coming to? If so, the communists have already won!

A "Code Violation" sign on my lawn? Pffft! 1), they'd have to cross the "no trespassing" signed boundary to put it there, a violation (and a pretty dangerous one) all by itself, and 2) if they succeeded, I have a can of grill lighter fluid and a Bic lighter, and I ain't even a little bit afraid to barbecue the shit out of their cute little sign if they leave it on MY property, because if they do, it's suddenly MY sign, and I'll do what I damned well please with it.

Inoperable vehicle? That'd be a really unhealthy day for any tow truck driver that came and tried to move it if it's on my property. I'd consider that to be common theft, and act accordingly.

Of course, folks around here already know how I am (and most of them are just the same way), so they leave me alone for the most part. I don't bother them, they don't bother me, and we all get along pretty well. The guy next door works on all manner of loud-ass dune buggies and the like, roaring at all hours of the night, and I don't bitch about it. it's HIS place, he can do as he damned well pleases with it. None of my business. Likewise, I can go up on the mountain behind my house and do enough "zeroing" with my loud ass weapons to make it sound like a young war is starting, and he don't bitch about that, either. We get along because we don't bitch and whine.

I believe the rest of the nation could learn a thing or two from us grouchy, curmudgeonly hillbillies, and if they did learn it, we could all play together nicely.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
RE: Woman’s Survival Garden Seized and Destroyed by Authorities - by Ninurta - 09-02-2017, 05:47 AM