Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Second Amendment Sanctuary Counties
Tongue 
There has been a movement over the past couple of years in the US to make individual counties "Second Amendment Sanctuary Counties". More recently, in Virginia (since the election of a communist government bought and paid for by Michael Bloomberg), that movement has taken off like a wildfire. Every day, more of our counties are climbing on the bandwagon in response to the new government promising to take our firearms and/or make instant felons of us. Last week in southwestern Virginia, several counties signed on, and so far this week at least 3 more have: Russell County, Tazewell County, and my own county of Buchanan.

This should serve as notice to the totalitarians like Bloomberg that we have had enough, but it probably won't - to steal a line from "Cool Hand Luke", "What we've got here is failure to communicate. There are some men that you just can't reach... then you get what we've got here today. I don't like this any more than you men do."

Here is the video from the Board of Supervisors meeting yesterday in Buchanan County in which an emergency resolution was passed making Buchanan a Second Amendment Sanctuary County:

Watch it while you can, if you want to see it - YouTube has a track record of removing videos promoting freedom and liberty. The title of it is misleading - only an emergency resolution was passed, not an ordinance. To pass an ordinance, the county has first to publish it for two consecutive weeks before the vote to make citizens aware. The vote on an Ordinance is set for a public hearing on 6 January at 6 PM local time. I'll be there.

As I mentioned before, across the state this movement has caught on like wildfire, spurred on by promises of the new communist government to disarm the citizenry. As of 6 PM today, here is a map showing just which counties have passed resolutions, and which counties are holding them under consideration:

[Image: _57.gif]

The map, too, is somewhat deceptive. For example, the red areas are listed as "no action", but in fact some of them have actively rejected the proposal - the City of Roanoke comes to mind. They rejected it, but I don't plan on hanging out in crime-ridden Roanoke any time soon, so I care nary a whit what they want on their own criminal-overrun turf. Not my problem. In Prince William County, surrounding Manassas (that's "Bull Run" to the Yankees in the audience), the chief of the new County Board of Supervisors has already promised to rescind any 2nd Amendment Sanctuary resolutions passed by the current Board when the new one sits in January, so we can probably count that one out as well.

Notice how all the red areas on the map are URBAN areas. Those folks seem to like protecting their criminals. Not so much out here in the hinterlands... and notice how the gun-grabber areas are completely surrounded by areas who are saying "not so fast there, Jack...". That can lead to commotions, when some folks on a tiny patch of land decide they can tell other folks on a much larger patch of land, with a lot more freedom of movement (and who have them surrounded and cut off from the world if they so desire) how to live their own lives. Carpet-bagging communist Yankees have infiltrated and packed the cities with Leftists, and those votes swung the election  with the help and money of Bloomberg. He's bought himself one of the finest communist legislatures money can buy, with the help of the infiltrators. If push comes to shove, they better figure out quick how to airlift supplies in, or they'll starve to death in blockades of the cities.

In Tazewell County, TWO resolutions were passed last night, one making the county a 2nd Amendment Sanctuary, and another promoting and authorizing a militia. I'm not going to lie, when I saw that on the news I started crying, and  that just isn't a normal state of affairs for me. They weren't tears of joy as some may charge me with, but quite the contrary. I love these people here, and if they start packing up and going to war, some of them are going to die... and I don't want any of them to. If they DON'T start packing up and preparing for war, then they are going to get steamrolled by the enemy. It's a Hobbs' Choice. I know what choice I'll make, but it pains me that the same choice is going to get some of them killed when they make it.

In Buchanan County, as can be seen in the video, the resolution of Sanctuary and the authorization for a militia were combined into the same resolution. I don't yet know how the other Sanctuary Counties have gone regarding authorization of a militia.

I've kept my equipment up all these years, and my powder dry, hoping I'd never have to use it again. Still, it's better to have it and not need it than it is to need it and not have it. A time should come when even old warriors find peace with no new wars to fight, and can bounce their grandkids on their knee in the sunshine while said children are tangling their fingers up in the old man's long gray beard. I'd always hoped for that time, but never really expected to live long enough to see it... and it looks like I was right. Some folks are just not happy unless they are telling other folks what they can and can't do, ignoring right and wrong. So, it seems the time may be upon us again to gird our loins and sally forth to battle evil, in the hopes that maybe OUR grandkids will have that time in the sunshine with THEIR grandkids.

250 years or so ago, much the same situation produced a revolution, giving birth to a new nation called The United States of America. The British outlawed possession of arms, and to enforce that, they marched on the magazine Stores at Concord New Hampshire and Williamsburg, Virginia. The rest is history. Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it, and it's the rest of us left to suffer when the folks opposing that, who think we're very capable of making our own choices and living our own lives as WE see fit don't come home, ever.

There is something broken inside me. I don't have good sense it seems, and when gunfire starts, my dumb ass runs straight for it. I always have. So my decision is made - it was previously a decision between fight and flight, but if everyone else is going to stand up, I can't let them die alone.

What free person wants to continue living in a communist world, anyhow?

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
Second Amendment Sanctuary Counties - by Ninurta - 12-04-2019, 09:56 AM
RE: Second Amendment Sanctuary Counties - by Wallfire - 12-04-2019, 11:44 AM
RE: Second Amendment Sanctuary Counties - by BIAD - 12-04-2019, 01:57 PM
RE: Second Amendment Sanctuary Counties - by Wallfire - 12-05-2019, 01:04 PM
RE: Second Amendment Sanctuary Counties - by Wallfire - 12-07-2019, 09:06 AM
RE: Second Amendment Sanctuary Counties - by BIAD - 12-11-2019, 02:21 PM
RE: Second Amendment Sanctuary Counties - by BIAD - 12-12-2019, 10:43 AM
RE: Second Amendment Sanctuary Counties - by Wallfire - 12-13-2019, 09:33 AM
RE: Second Amendment Sanctuary Counties - by Wallfire - 12-14-2019, 10:21 AM
RE: Second Amendment Sanctuary Counties - by BIAD - 12-14-2019, 11:21 AM
RE: Second Amendment Sanctuary Counties - by BIAD - 12-17-2019, 07:03 PM