Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Kamala Harris Drops out of the presidential race
(12-04-2019, 08:41 AM)Wallfire Wrote: A question, does this sound like it written by a person who understands English ?? For me it sounds more like a google translate, so a little help please from our English speaking members, and I suppose the Americans as well (:

"In good faith, I can’t tell you, my supporters and volunteers, that I have a path forward if I don’t believe I do," Harris wrote in an email to supporters. "So, to you my supporters, it is with deep regret -- but also with deep gratitude -- that I am suspending my campaign today."

It's English, of the American Politician variety. They sometimes tend to try to get too flowery in their speech, and it comes out as halting, awkward, and stilted. It's just the way some of our politicians talk. I'm not too sure that it counts as actual "communication", however. Most politicians just try to say stuff without actually saying it.
Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
RE: Kamala Harris Drops out of the presidential race - by Wallfire - 12-04-2019, 08:41 AM
RE: Kamala Harris Drops out of the presidential race - by Ninurta - 12-04-2019, 10:35 AM