Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Our Place in the Universe Will Change Dramatically in the Next 50 Years
I'm not a big believer in "dark matter". The theory is that it is a substance that is utterly undetectable except for the force it exerts on other, detectable matter. Why not concentrate on the forces themselves, rather than make up an explanation for their source? "Matter" is a physical substance - something you can touch, bite, or smack against other substances in a hadron collider. We have no evidence for the existence of "dark matter" other than the forces it exerts on non-dark matter, so that force could have another explanation entirely. What if it's a "trans-dimensional" force, the source of which is undetectable because it resides in another dimension or dimensions?

To my way of thinking, which may be utterly naive, those forces explained away by "dark matter" in our own universe could be the smoking gun evidence of the existence and interactions of OTHER dimensions entirely - there is just as much evidence for one as there is for the other, and perhaps more evidence for my explanation. After all, we cannot SEE the dark matter to determine WHERE it is, now can we? Shouldn't we be able to see it if it were in our own dimension/universe?

ETA: 85% of matter is alleged to be "dark", meaning 15% is not. If we assume that all the matter in our own universe is detectable, then this universe/dimension contains 15% of all matter, with the remaining 85% in other dimensions/universes. 100%/15% calculates that, if the matter is evenly distributed among those universes, there could be... 6.66 universes coexisting!

tinywhat tinybigeyes tinywhat
Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
RE: Our Place in the Universe Will Change Dramatically in the Next 50 Years - by Ninurta - 12-04-2019, 02:31 AM