Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Let's Go Down the Rabbit Hole, Part 3
(01-08-2021, 10:13 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: @"Ninurta", Okay.
As you can tell, I'm not brushed up on what happened around the world before 2015. I was one of those "asleep" people who thought the world would keep on turning and everything would be hunky-dory without my attention to it, or input.
I hated, absolutely hated, history in school, so I never paid much attention to it. I blame that on boring teachers.

I've learned more in the past 5 years about politics and history than I ever could have in school.

S'ok. You couldn't be expected to know it. I only know it because I lived part of it. When I'm gone, no doubt that history will be as well, replaced by The Party Line, "truth" as The Party wants people to believe it.

10 years from now, if this is not stopped in this moment, kids will believe what they are told of history, and what they are told will be entirely what The Party wants them to believe.

Welcome to 1984, 36 years behind schedule.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
RE: Let's Go Down the Rabbit Hole, Part 3 - by Wallfire - 10-12-2019, 04:10 PM
RE: Let's Go Down the Rabbit Hole, Part 3 - by Wallfire - 10-16-2019, 04:23 PM
RE: Let's Go Down the Rabbit Hole, Part 3 - by Wallfire - 03-19-2020, 12:00 PM
RE: Let's Go Down the Rabbit Hole, Part 3 - by Ninurta - 01-08-2021, 11:33 PM